Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cov Cath/South Oldham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cov Cath 14 SO 0. 7 minutes left in 1st quarter
This will be my last update. Cov Cath 21 South Oldham 0. Still 1st quarter. Plus. I know announcers are Cov Cath people. But they are horrible football announcers. Just pathetic.
Go Colonels !
bo67 Wrote:This will be my last update. Cov Cath 21 South Oldham 0. Still 1st quarter. Plus. I know announcers are Cov Cath people. But they are horrible football announcers. Just pathetic.

looks like this one might be over anyway .
Watching the live feed. Cov Catholic is 2nd best team in the state behind Trinity.
Who was it telling me that South Oldham wouldn't get a running clock put on them by cov cath?

Confusednicker:
Well one more update. Running clock with 9 minutes left in 3rd quarter. Cov Cath 42 to 0
Nky guru Wrote:Watching the live feed. Cov Catholic is 2nd best team in the state behind Trinity.

I think you're right.
bo67 Wrote:Well one more update. Running clock with 9 minutes left in 3rd quarter. Cov Cath 42 to 0
it's over now .
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who was it telling me that South Oldham wouldn't get a running clock put on them by cov cath?

Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Tic Tock
I will eat my words on this one, wow, they are by far #1 team in state. Trinity is a close 2nd, wish they could play.
Cov Cath is a beast this year
Cakebattermatters Wrote:I will eat my words on this one, wow, they are by far #1 team in state. Trinity is a close 2nd, wish they could play.
eat your crow.
It also shows just in truth how bad Highlands is. Cause thanks to Highlands coaching they lost to SO
bo67 Wrote:It also shows just in truth how bad Highlands is. Cause thanks to Highlands coaching they lost to SO

can't disagree with that .
bo67 Wrote:It also shows just in truth how bad Highlands is. Cause thanks to Highlands coaching they lost to SO

It really does. Thought COV Cath play calling on offense was not the best (didn't have to be?). But HHS staff not smart enough to put 8 men in the box like COV Cath. SO is not good and a bad passing team. Stop the run and they are dead in the water. Did not think COV Cath looked great, just good tonight.
Sstack you’re right. Knowing what SO tries to do. You load it up on the line.
sstack Wrote:It really does. Thought COV Cath play calling on offense was not the best (didn't have to be?). But HHS staff not smart enough to put 8 men in the box like COV Cath. SO is not good and a bad passing team. Stop the run and they are dead in the water. Did not think COV Cath looked great, just good tonight.

I don't know, they had that slant route that worked pretty well in the clutch after the on-side kick last week. They weren't a great passing team, but they had kids who made the plays when necessary.
A little disappointed in this score. I expected the running clock before halftime.
bo67 Wrote:This will be my last update. Cov Cath 21 South Oldham 0. Still 1st quarter. Plus. I know announcers are Cov Cath people. But they are horrible football announcers. Just pathetic.

Seriously? Do you wanna talk about highlands broadcasts? The cov cath radio guys are volunteers. While I can understand some critique....they are far and away better than most and cov cath is lucky to have them. Seriously? Have you watched and listened to a highlands broadcast? Really? It's not even close man.
Nky guru Wrote:Watching the live feed. Cov Catholic is 2nd best team in the state behind Trinity.

That's debatable

Now you know how cov cath has felt for a decade. Take your lumps. You guys will be back when open enrollment is once again fully embraced and you find the next Dale mueller
sstack Wrote:It really does. Thought COV Cath play calling on offense was not the best (didn't have to be?). But HHS staff not smart enough to put 8 men in the box like COV Cath. SO is not good and a bad passing team. Stop the run and they are dead in the water. Did not think COV Cath looked great, just good tonight.

You realize that cov cath could load the line of scrimmage because they had superior secondary right?

Cov cath play calling was not the best? The first team offense scores on every possession but maybe one. Do you understand the game of football?
The comments on here are devoid of reality. Highlands fans need to accept that cov cath is arguably better than any team they have put forth....assuming they win a state championship. It is what it is. Quit with the sour grapes and enjoy the show.

Can you do better? Just zip the lip and enjoy the broadcast.
Highlands announcers were high school kids when I listened. And weren’t good. These are grown men that corrected themselves almost every time they said something.