Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rodenberg to Highlands....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have spoken to a few of my sources and lines of communication have opened up between Coach John Rodenberg and the folks here in Ft. Thomas. My thinking is if he can somehow magically win a state championship with cov cath players...he will go on a Dale mueller-esk run at highlands.

Coach W, is a fine young man/coach but wow this could be huge!
You have a better change at Dale coming back.
plantmanky Wrote:You have a better change at Dale coming back.

Now you're talking about prayers being answered! Otherwise, are you calling me a liar!?
If you think that Matt Haskamp is going to be influential in the next hire at Highlands you must be smoking something.

Brian Weinrich is going nowhere unless he so chooses.
mantax Wrote:If you think that Matt Haskamp is going to be influential in the next hire at Highlands you must be smoking something.

Brian Weinrich is going nowhere unless he so chooses.

While I like Matt and Brian, but Rodenberg is a total game changer. Look at what he did with the little boys from park hills.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:While I like Matt and Brian, but Rodenberg is a total game changer. Look at what he did with the little boys from park hills.

He's extended family. I find this intriguing, but unlikely.
I might agree Weinrich will go at his choosing. But can he handle the pressure from parents and the community. This isn’t Slippery Rock High. This is Highlands. Mueller isn’t the AD anymore to protect him. His first year Mueller left him a team my mom could have coached to a state title.
Amen my friend! We are Highlands!
Does highlands regret not keeping the pipe line open of out of district kids? When was the open enrollment stopped and when did Dale retire? Now that it's open (or is it currently not open), why aren't elite players continuing to enroll at highlands?
Coach rodenberg won state championships at cch and moeller on talent alone. Coach W is a better X's and O's guy.
I really don't see it mattering to much northern Kentucky talent has started to rise and schools like Ryle and SK and Cov Cath have shown they have talent That can match Highlands and I don't see Highlands being king of Nky anytime soon
Ft. Thomas has a feeder program that everyone is trying mirror. Highlands is in a rebuilding stage at this point but will be back on top with in 2 years. With all do respect, the birds will always be king of NKY!
If their feeder program includes Freshman. There’s about 4 maybe 5 good kids. They are going to loose 25 kids from this team. If JV team is average. Coach W won’t win
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Ft. Thomas has a feeder program that everyone is trying mirror. Highlands is in a rebuilding stage at this point but will be back on top with in 2 years. With all do respect, the birds will always be king of NKY!

Seems like someone is desperately clinging onto yesteryear.
bo67 Wrote:I might agree Weinrich will go at his choosing. But can he handle the pressure from parents and the community. This isn’t Slippery Rock High. This is Highlands. Mueller isn’t the AD anymore to protect him. His first year Mueller left him a team my mom could have coached to a state title.

Go Rocket' s . Did my junior practicum thereConfusedinglepar
Hope Highlands can make a good hire and get back on the right path
Cakebattermatters Wrote:I have spoken to a few of my sources and lines of communication have opened up between Coach John Rodenberg and the folks here in Ft. Thomas. My thinking is if he can somehow magically win a state championship with cov cath players...he will go on a Dale mueller-esk run at highlands.

Coach W, is a fine young man/coach but wow this could be huge!
interesting if true.
I wish I had sources.......
Has anyone heard anymore on this?
Coach Booth Wrote:Has anyone heard anymore on this?

I have been told that the conversations between John and the administration have been fast and furious but at this point negotiations have stalled because they can't reach an agreement on compensation.

I would encourage the Bluebird faithful to pony up and let it be known this is the guy we need at the help to get back to being king again.

Remember, We Are Highlands!
Coach Booth Wrote:Has anyone heard anymore on this?

Happened to run into a board member this week and had an interesting conversation. He stated they school has been inundated with parents/kids asking for a change since last year. He stated board tried to make change last year but it fell on deaf years. This year he said powers to be are listening but still does not mean they are going to make a change even though there is a strong push from community and board.