Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Judge Roy Moore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
IF, and I repeat IF, the allegations of pedophile behavior have validity, should Roy Moore step aside?
Former colleague of ol’ Roy verifies that he sought out teens to date.
Of course.
Only the Democratic party should house the pedos
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Of course.
Only the Democratic party should house the pedos

Of course, pedophilia is despicable regardless of political persuasion. However, Roy Moore is currently under discussion, which you conveniently ignore.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Of course, pedophilia is despicable regardless of political persuasion. However, Roy Moore is currently under discussion, which you conveniently ignore.
Technically, there have been no allegations of pedophilia made against Roy Moore, so technically this is yet another of your threads that has no basis in fact.

There is a word for people who repeatedly show a reckless disregard for the truth. Well, technically there are many words that may be used to accurately characterize those who repeatedly engage in dishonest political discourse.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Technically, there have been no allegations of pedophilia made against Roy Moore, so technically this is yet another of your threads that has no basis in fact.

There is a word for people who repeatedly show a reckless disregard for the truth. Well, technically there are many words that may be used to accurately characterize those who repeatedly engage in dishonest political discourse.

A colleague of Roy Moore when he was in his 30’s (the timeframe referenced) stated it was common knowledge that Moore had an eye for teenager girls. Now, apparently, the age of consent in Alabama at that time was 16 and 18. The thread began with “IF” and the second post stated the colleague’s statement of corroboration. Your whining is irrelevant.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A colleague of Roy Moore when he was in his 30’s (the timeframe referenced) stated it was common knowledge that Moore had an eye for teenager girls. Now, apparently, the age of consent in Alabama at that time was 16 and 18. The thread began with “IF” and the second post stated the colleague’s statement of corroboration. Your whining is irrelevant.

Right. And Trump Tower was never wiretapped.
TheRealThing Wrote:Right. And Trump Tower was never wiretapped.

The subject of this thread is Roy Moore. However, deflection is an essential in the old debating chest of Notorious TRT, right?

Again, I ask, IF the allegations tirn out to have merit, should Roy Moore step aside?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The subject of this thread is Roy Moore. However, deflection is an essential in the old debating chest of Notorious TRT, right?

Again, I ask, IF the allegations tirn out to have merit, should Roy Moore step aside?

I think I'd rather just wait and see where this all goes before I take a position. Therefore, I will allow history to unfold. But you go ahead and get in front of the story like you have with the Trump collusion matter and make all kinds of conjecture based in innuendo. That way the news loop can continue to expose your bias on a daily basis.
TheRealThing Wrote:I think I'd rather just wait and see where this all goes before I take a position. Therefore, I will allow history to unfold. But you go ahead and get in front of the story like you have with the Trump collusion matter, and make all kinds of conjecture based in innuendo.

The operative word was “IF.” There was collusion. The only “IF” left is whether or not the President was involved.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The operative word was “IF.” There was collusion. The only “IF” left is whether or not the President was involved.

And the operative motive was trolling. We don't know yet what the deal is. Due to zero evidence we do know that the President was not involved. While due to a plethora of evidence we know Podesta, and the other usual suspects were involved.
TheRealThing Wrote:And the operative motive was trolling. We don't know yet what the deal is.

It was a simple question. It would be the same regardless of party. Note: many Republicans are calling for Roy Moore to step aside. It seems to me the refusal to engage the “IF” question is highly suggestive.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:It was a simple question. It would be the same regardless of party. Note: many Republicans are calling for Roy Moore to step aside. It seems to me the refusal to engage the “IF” question is highly suggestive.

Suggestive of terminal relativism. I'm out.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A colleague of Roy Moore when he was in his 30’s (the timeframe referenced) stated it was common knowledge that Moore had an eye for teenager girls. Now, apparently, the age of consent in Alabama at that time was 16 and 18. The thread began with “IF” and the second post stated the colleague’s statement of corroboration. Your whining is irrelevant.
Apparently you have no clue as to the definition of pedophile and no interest in correcting your erroneous assertions.

Ignorance is bliss and a necessary component of a liberal mindset, along with a willingness to deliberately disseminate outright lies and distortions of facts.

Even if all of the allegations against Roy Moore were true, they would not establish Moore as a pedophile.
Even if guilty, he should stay in the race so the GOP can take the seat and then be appointed it after.
You can't just give the dems a seat
⬆️
The girl was 14. If he did what is alleged, that’s pedophilia, as 14, even in Alabama, is off limits to a troubled prosecutor. Tribalism explains it, Hoot, plain, simple, ugly tribalism.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The girl was 14. If he did what is alleged, that’s pedophilia, as 14, even in Alabama, is off limits to a troubled prosecutor. Tribalism explains it, Hoot, plain, simple, ugly tribalism.
Surely by now you have looked up the definition of pedophilia and know that what you wrote above is a lie. I am not surprised that you declined to admit your mistake even when confronted with the truth. Par for the course.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Surely by now you have looked up the definition of pedophilia and know that what you wrote above is a lie. I am not surprised that you declined to admit your mistake even when confronted with the truth. Par for the course.
He's probably all confused again and thinks this is all about the life and times of Judge Roy Bean to begin with Hoot.
Why hasn't our fair and unbiased media been all over this one?...It certainly doesn't look like Joe's wife, now does it?

This is just Joe being Joe? Right?

[attachment=o3648]
Bob Seger Wrote:Why hasn't our fair and unbiased media been all over this one?...It certainly doesn't look like Joe's wife, now does it?

[attachment=o3648]
That picture reminds me of the infamous waitress sandwich that drunken liberal Senators Ted Kennedy and Christopher Dodd made by forcing a petite waitress into playing the role of the meat between two liberal slices of "bread."
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Surely by now you have looked up the definition of pedophilia and know that what you wrote above is a lie. I am not surprised that you declined to admit your mistake even when confronted with the truth. Par for the course.

You’re wrong. Even in Alabama. Even at 14. Parsing words? Thinning definitions? A bogey (worse than usual) on the hole. Not surprising, given the tribalism on this forum.
Bob Seger Wrote:Why hasn't our fair and unbiased media been all over this one?...It certainly doesn't look like Joe's wife, now does it?

[attachment=o3648]

IF this photo isn’t photoshopped (it looks it), then it’s highly inappropriate and blatantly stupid of the former Vice President.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You’re wrong. Even in Alabama. Even at 14. Parsing words? Thinning definitions? A bogey (worse than usual) on the hole. Not surprising, given the tribalism on this forum.
The word pedophile has a very specific meaning and you are deliberately ignoring that fact by falsely calling Moore a pedophile. That makes you a liar. That is not
an opinion, that is a fact.

Words matter. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.
Facts have never mattered to him, Hoot!

[attachment=o3648]

Because it's not real.

Photoshop
Why hasn't Sen Menendez resigned? Actual charges filed against him! I believe the prosecutors! Where is McConnell?:flame:
^^ Consider this. The Democrats are despite the double-double down, on the ropes. So, what are their options and what has been their modus-operandi?

For evidentiary purposes, and though one could compile a book sized volume of examples, there is no need to go back any further than the Romney/Obama campaign to demonstrate the point. In that election season even though there were many examples of collusion, DNC debate tampering, and vote manipulation, most of what the media chose to elaborate on were the efforts of character assassination against Romney.

In the past election the Democrats used billions of "the people's" tax dollars to send legions of investigators and lawyers out to dig up stuff on DJT. But because as it turned out, he was only mildly possessed of any sort of character flaws, the best they could do was the a locker-room boy talk tape. So came the false charges of Russia collusion which spawned 21 long months of so-called investigations, which in reality are mere extensions of Obama's original efforts to discredit another political foe.

In summation, the Dems lie, cheat, and allege character flaws against all the foes they face. The two nuclear go-to's for the DNC slime machine are sexual slander, or bigotry of the racial or gender variety. Now, if they (the Dems) are brave enough to attack a sitting President with this stuff, surely we are not kidding ourselves in the case of Judge Roy Moore?

How many women was it again who came out at the last second to accuse DJT of sexual aggression? 10 at last count that I know of. How many came out at just he right moment to accuse Herman Cain? Dems know people have a tendency to believe such allegations on their face, so they will continue to go back to the well until the tactic stops working IMHO. But in view of the recent past, is anybody other than me skeptical at all about all these charges of sexual misconduct against Judge Roy Moore?

I'll tell you who doesn't know a thing about it. Anybody reading this post for starters, but past that Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Bob Corker, Mike Lee, or any of the other 13 senators who've come forward to slam him publicly. It could all be the stuff of brazen political attack, and I think people should wait, be it vigilantly if they choose, for real evidence. I mean, they've certainly been patient to that end where the past administrative big wigs are involved. If I didn't know better I'd think the soap opera and the real world have traded places.
Motley Wrote:Because it's not real.

Photoshop

Looks like he is all touchy feely to me...The "nasty woman" Ashley Judd went haywire over something much less than this at the airport....

Don't wanna talk about stuff like that though, I guess?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The word pedophile has a very specific meaning and you are deliberately ignoring that fact by falsely calling Moore a pedophile. That makes you a liar. That is not
an opinion, that is a fact.

Words matter. As they say, you are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Sexually assault a thirteen year old. See what they call you. Good luck on the old cell block. What a tribalist!
jetpilot Wrote:Why hasn't Sen Menendez resigned? Actual charges filed against him! I believe the prosecutors! Where is McConnell?:flame:

Moore being anti-McConnell no doubt had nothing to do with anything, I am sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5