Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class AAA Regional Championship Corbin @ Powell County 11-17-17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Corbin 11-1
Powell County 8-4
Corbin big and early
Corbin easily
Corbin 11-2
Sad ride home
Wow... Go back and look at the comments about the Powell/Casey game before the they played. Most everyone was picking Casey by 3 or 4 TD's. I said it before about that game and I will say it again about this game. I don't know if Powell will win this game or not but Corbin will know they were in a fight. These young men are hungry, focused and Coach Brewer & company always have this team well prepared. #GoPirates
See you hound dogs in Pond Creek post Turkey Day...
:howdy::howdyTongueowell County defense is coming to town. :Cheerlead

Corbin 49
Powell County 14
As long as Corbin isn't looking ahead they win comfortably.
The best scenario for us would be to put it on them early with good execution and discipline. Then get the back ups In to keep fresh legs and avoid “the unthinkable”. We already have one kid suspended for this game for something that was uncalled for. Need a good clean game.

If that’s the scenario, all I want to see from the starters is focus and that killer attitude. We didn’t have it this week.

I’ll go with the red Bunch 48 PC 14
It depends which Corbin team shows up. The team that is really good hasn't showed up in a while. They've been playing down to people. If they don't take Powell seriously, they'll be just like Casey county and be practicing basketball next week. IF the Corbin team that wants to play shows up, I think they win comfortably.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:It depends which Corbin team shows up. The team that is really good hasn't showed up in a while. They've been playing down to people. If they don't take Powell seriously, they'll be just like Casey county and be practicing basketball next week. IF the Corbin team that wants to play shows up, I think they win comfortably.

I don't think you have to worry about the Hounds practicing basketball next week Ol Buddy. Lol! Corbin will be ready.
Good to see Powell County in a Regional Championship game. Don't see that much.
Corbin 70 Powell County 0
Corbin wins big
Wildcat45 Wrote:Corbin 70 Powell County 0

Whoa nelly! I love my Hounds but Powell Co Is 8-4 and in the regional finals for a reason!
Hounds by 16. Powell County is better than they are being credited for.
Corbin will take it “comfortably”. Casey scored 41 on their D which isn’t their strong suit. Our D on the other hand is nasty. We will be without one of our key players on D but it’ll still hold up. If the offense gets on the bus, we’ll be alright
Hound05 Wrote:Corbin will take it “comfortably”. Casey scored 41 on their D which isn’t their strong suit. Our D on the other hand is nasty. We will be without one of our key players on D but it’ll still hold up. If the offense gets on the bus, we’ll be alright
This is key here. Corbin's offense is very good, but their defense is great. We had a horrible defensive game, and Corbin just doesn't seem to have those type of let downs. Powell's defense was not much better than Morgan counties. The only way this game was a win was 3 recovered onside kicks. If your defense is not stopping anyone, and the other team recovers 3 onsides (the first was illegal), then there's no way you should win. In all honesty, Casey had no business having a chance to win that ball game at the end. They should have been down 2 TDS, not just 3 points. Anyways, everything else about Powell I give full credit. Their running game was very good, mixed with well timed, and more of a passing attack than I thought. Corbin's secondary is as good as any in 3A, as good as any under 6A most likely. Our secondary was mostly sophomores...so I don't know if those open receivers will be there for Powell against Corbin. I do think Powell will get some yardage on the ground, but the Corbin secondary will free up Corbin's linebackers to play run, instead of like Casey who was having to use our stud middle backer to help pass cover the middle of the field. That is what killed us the most, putting AJ Glenn in a position where he had to drop into coverage, then come up and make tackles after a kid already had 3 to 5 yards, and a head of steam...I don't think that happens with Corbin, who has their own stud middle backer, and a bunch of studs in the secondary.

Corbin-49
Powell-21
If Corbin's defense dominates Powell then I say Corbin wins big, but if Powell's offense moves the ball like they did against Casey it's a much closer game. Corbin will never punt in this game. They will score every time they touch the ball. Corbin 56 Powell 28
Pretty simple prediction.

Corbin by at least 28. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a running clock early in the 3rd quarter. Take care of business, avoid injuries and be ready for Central the next week.
Redonthehound Wrote:Pretty simple prediction.

Corbin by at least 28. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a running clock early in the 3rd quarter. Take care of business, avoid injuries and be ready for Central the next week.

Do we play Louisville central in basketball next week?😉
Redonthehound Wrote:Pretty simple prediction.

You better hope it’s Central you won’t come to the Cam and win
Corbin is the heavy favorite but if they come out flat it could be closer than many think. I think the Redhounds take care of business and rest their starters in the 2nd half.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:You better hope it’s Central you won’t come to the Cam and win

The Cam is a nice place to play. Belfry loses there as much as they do on the road, which is not a whole lot either way. No big deal as far as a home field advantage.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The Cam is a nice place to play. Belfry loses there as much as they do on the road, which is not a whole lot either way. No big deal as far as a home field advantage.

You'll see just what home field advantage is if it works out that Corbin travels to Pond Creek.
Corbin - 49
Powell County - 13
Quit acting like it's the first time Corbin has ever went to West Virginia for a football game!!!! Lol
Corbin has to be consistent in this game, and I believe Haddix will have them more than prepared. Powell's break out game was last week against Casey, and although they are going to play well, I just don't think they will have the punch to pull out the win.
I'm going with the Houndettes (thanks fatpatfan for the best nic of the year). The game may stay close for a time, but the last half will see an impressive win.
All Corbin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6