Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey County @ Powell County 11-10-17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

Casey County 10-1
Powell County 7-4
Casey 45-21
Casey County 48
Powell County 26
Casey County is one tough team. :letsfight:letsfight:letsfight

Casey County 55
Powell County 14
a margin with the winner CC scoring more than 40 and the loser PC scoring less than 20.
Casey County by score of 49-23
Casey County by 20
I'm a little worried about Powell, good running back and solid line. We should be full strength though. Against Morgan we played 4 JV kids to rest up some banged up kids and had a running clock in the 2nd quarter... Powell played MOrgan county and I'm not sure how competitive it was, but I saw the final was something like 40+ to 14. I'm still worried but we have a good track record vs Powell the past few years. Anyways, I'll say:

Casey 38
Powell 14
Casey 48 Powell 14
Think the Rebels keep rolling 40-13.
Casey 42
Powell 14
Casey big
I am going against the popular picks and taking Powell in an upset, 36-35. The Pirates score late to pull within one and Coach Brewer lays it on the line with a two point conversion that propels Powell into the Regional Championship game. After this big win, they may fire the baseball coach!
Casey - 41
Powell - 13
Big Chief Wrote:I am going against the popular picks and taking Powell in an upset, 36-35. The Pirates score late to pull within one and Coach Brewer lays it on the line with a two point conversion that propels Powell into the Regional Championship game. After this big win, they may fire the baseball coach!

Lol, why fire the baseball coach? That has me interested.
Casey Co. takes this one. The score might be misleading, but CC will be in control most of the game. 42-28.
smoke1015 Wrote:Lol, why fire the baseball coach? That has me interested.

Being a little tongue in cheek. Football is not high on the athletic priority list for Powell County and the powers that be can't be too excited when the football team outshines the basketball team or any other sport. So, instead of rewarding Coach Brewer for the work he does, they would get rid of the coach that allows football to outshine them. The last time Powell won the district in football, they got a new basketball coach.

Again, I'm being tongue in cheek. I have no idea why the basketball coach left, but I am making a statement about how Powell County should support the football program more than it does.
Casey 35 Powell 22
Big Chief Wrote:Being a little tongue in cheek. Football is not high on the athletic priority list for Powell County and the powers that be can't be too excited when the football team outshines the basketball team or any other sport. So, instead of rewarding Coach Brewer for the work he does, they would get rid of the coach that allows football to outshine them. The last time Powell won the district in football, they got a new basketball coach.

Again, I'm being tongue in cheek. I have no idea why the basketball coach left, but I am making a statement about how Powell County should support the football program more than it does.

Sounds like Powell County and KHSAA administration are reading from the same cookbook titled "How to Suppress Football and Keep Basketball King". Although many cookbooks from years gone by are treasures this one is poorly written and behind the times.
This Pirate team is under rated. I'm not sure if they will win this game or not but these young men are tuff, hungry and Coach Brewer & and his staff have got them focused. I do know this, Casey Co will know they have been in a fight. #PiratePride
Casey county 36
Powell county 20
Big Chief Wrote:Being a little tongue in cheek. Football is not high on the athletic priority list for Powell County and the powers that be can't be too excited when the football team outshines the basketball team or any other sport. So, instead of rewarding Coach Brewer for the work he does, they would get rid of the coach that allows football to outshine them. The last time Powell won the district in football, they got a new basketball coach.

Lol, Ok, gotach. Amen brotha. I do like baseball, it's a team sport too, but not like I do football. Basketball is low on my watching/supporting meter though. Seriously, I like Powell county. Kids always play hard and have beaten us and/or given us good games the few times we've played. I pray for an injury free, but good game tomorrow night in the freezing cold. I'll be up top braving the elements. lol.