Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Expectations for UK this season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What say You?

How many wins?
How deep in the tourney?
Etc etc
I think it all depends on Vanderbilt getting back. Our inside presence scares me. We got no one who wants to bang around for boards on the inside. Our outside shooting also scares me a bit. I can't really make a fair judgement right now because of the caliber of teams we've played.
I'll deserve judgement for when i actually watch them play.
These players just don't excite me. I think we can all agree this is going to be a rough year. I don't think it will be 2013 bad, but I can definitely see a round of 32 loss in the tourney and possibly losing the SEC this year...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll deserve judgement for when i actually watch them play.
These players just don't excite me. I think we can all agree this is going to be a rough year. I don't think it will be 2013 bad, but I can definitely see a round of 32 loss in the tourney and possibly losing the SEC this year...

Totally agree. You know I work with the public every day, and the number one subject, even above the weather, is UK basketball. And you know what? Folks are tired of the one and done. That's what I keep hearing over and over, despite the KSR guys saying that's not so. Out here in the real world it is, people want a team they can relate to, not some players for hire for a year. If Calipari leaves here with only one title he's gonna be looked at like the Atlanta Braves. They won one World Series during their great regular season runs, but are still looked at as a disappointment overall.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'll deserve judgement for when i actually watch them play.

Agreed. Knox is the only player on the team that I could see playing in the NBA and not on a DLeague team. But hopefully when we start playing better teams these guys will really showcase what they actually can do.
I'm generally pretty positive about the program, but this year will be kind of rough. Looking at 7-9 losses and maybe a Sweet 16. Not sure why they're getting so much love in the preseason polls.