Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Western Hills 29 Russell 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Congrats to Western Hills
Congratulations to Western Hills on the Win.
All four teams from district 4 advance tonight! Congrats to each of them!!! Wildcat Nation knew what he was talking about.
Rip/Spin Wrote:All four teams from district 4 advance tonight! Congrats to each of them!!! Wildcat Nation knew what he was talking about.
I had said I wouldn't surprised if Russell's whole district went out in round 1 as well.
A great win for the Wolverines.
Truly shows how strong the district of Boyle, lex Cath, garrard, western hills truly Is! Congrats to all!
Oh how Russell has fallen. A losing season!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Oh how Russell has fallen. A losing season!

Poor guy can’t do nothing but point out the obvious! Devils will be back once the talent comes up.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Oh how Russell has fallen. A losing season!

Literally, nothing to do with coaching. Every other team in the area has fallen compared to what they used to be. It has to do more with the loss of jobs in the area than the falling of Russell football.
I disagree with the idea that every other team in the area has fallen compared to what they used to be. Raceland is similar to how they are every year. Ashland is one win away from their first 10 win season since 1990. If you consider Paintsville and Johnson Central to be in the area, then they are as good as ever, maybe even better. Actually, Johnson Central’s teams of the past few years might be as good as any to ever come through our area.

I agree, though, if you’re defending the Russell coaches. It just doesn’t look like they have much talent on the field to work with. I don’t know why the talent is so depleted at Russell, but I think there are better players coming up so they should improve. Now if they are still posting losses and exiting in the first round of the playoffs in the next 3 years, then it might be time to question the coaches.
Curious to know because I cannot remember. What number range do you have to be in to be considered a 3A school in football? I know a few years back I thought Russell played up to stay in their current district instead of traveling a lot to be in 2A. Am I wrong?

Anyone know the range, & Russell's numbers in relation to classification?
I only point out the truth. Wins and losses are facts. They are objective measuring sticks which are used to determine success or failure. Keep on dreaming and being drunk on kool aid! Russell will never be a serious title contender again while the current regime is there!
Kyfootball32 Wrote:Truly shows how strong the district of Boyle, lex Cath, garrard, western hills truly Is! Congrats to all!

Western Hills wins a good game Lexington Cath. Wins a close one if that shows how strong Boyle’s district is then it should show you that Russell’s district is right there with them or if you think Russell’s is down then it should show you that Boyle’s district is right there with Russell’s I personally think Lex. Cath. and Western Hills has zero defenses this whole season
In the post game Maynard referrered to possibly cutting kids next year? Ridiculous!! I hope he is arrogant enough to cut kids from a public school program that will be end of him!

He also once again blamed everyone but HIMSELF for a losing season! He blamed the seniors for their attitude and lack of leadership. NEWS FLASH attitude is a reflection of leadership! His poor it’s never my fault attitude created this toxic plague like atmosphere!

Where is our program going when we talk about cutting kids? We are supposed to be molding these kids into men not throwing them out like Garbage!!

A garbage policy for a garbage coach!
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Western Hills wins a good game Lexington Cath. Wins a close one if that shows how strong Boyle’s district is then it should show you that Russell’s district is right there with them or if you think Russell’s is down then it should show you that Boyle’s district is right there with Russell’s I personally think Lex. Cath. and Western Hills has zero defenses this whole season
#4 seeded Garrard beat #1 seeded Fleming at their place. This tells me all that I need to know between the districts.
True that Lex Cath and Western Hills defense is down but they where good enough to keep Bath's and Russell's offense out of the end zone enough to get the W.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:In the post game Maynard referrered to possibly cutting kids next year? Ridiculous!! I hope he is arrogant enough to cut kids from a public school program that will be end of him!

He also once again blamed everyone but HIMSELF for a losing season! He blamed the seniors for their attitude and lack of leadership. NEWS FLASH attitude is a reflection of leadership! His poor it’s never my fault attitude created this toxic plague like atmosphere!

Where is our program going when we talk about cutting kids? We are supposed to be molding these kids into men not throwing them out like Garbage!!

Now if that occured, and I would love to hear a clip of it, I believe that is ridiculous. Football is a sport for EVERYONE. That's why it is so great. EVERYONE can have a role in football!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:In the post game Maynard referrered to possibly cutting kids next year? Ridiculous!! I hope he is arrogant enough to cut kids from a public school program that will be end of him!

You’re so full of shit
While I don't agree with much of what ThinBlueLine411 says I listened to the post game show on 107.1 fm and Maynard did indeed say something about possibly cutting some kids next year. Maynard made reference to ravamping the offense next year as well.
What would the purpose of that? If theyre not good enough to play, just dont play them. You still need practice plavers, I played in the 70s when we had 70 plus upper 3 grades on the roster. The majority of them never saw the field. Majority of starters played both ways and on special teams. Everyone didnt have to play, no ones feelings were hurt, but it would have been crazy to have cut kids
FootballGuy Wrote:You’re so full of shit

Obviously I’m not full of SHIT! I believe I’m the most hated man on here and people are agreeing with me! GO TO AN AA MTG!! Sober up!
If you don’t have a good reason for kicking a kid off a public school team in these days it’s opens the school district up for a law suit! Just cutting kids because you don’t like their attitude won’t cut it. They are teenagers by nature they are erratic and emotional nightmares.

He’s just arrogant enough to get the school district in a real mess! Remember who told you first! It really doesn’t surprise me though from a man who doesn’t play Seniors on SENIOR NIGHT!
I think they had 74 this year. You must have some serious talent problems when you have 74 players and start 3 or 4 freshmen. Why not cut some players? You are obviously not going to play 74 players in a game. I personally wouldn't want to bust my ass for 16 straight weeks and never play. Cut me and I'll go do something else. Why do you need the big numbers and never use them?
Yea then kids just quit coming out for football all together! Just go rub TJs back and clip his toenails for him then you and him can drink kool aid together all night!!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Yea then kids just quit coming out for football all together! Just go rub TJs back and clip his toenails for him then you and him can drink kool aid together all night!!
You sound like a mad soccer mom who's kid didn't get to play. Keep crying your heart out. :biglmao:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I think they had 74 this year. You must have some serious talent problems when you have 74 players and start 3 or 4 freshmen. Why not cut some players? You are obviously not going to play 74 players in a game. I personally wouldn't want to bust my ass for 16 straight weeks and never play. Cut me and I'll go do something else. Why do you need the big numbers and never use them?

Sources I had spoken to during 2015 season and 2016 season said that Russell would be down for a couple of years. Senior classes in 2015 and 2016 were pretty good and carried the load. Younger groups coming up were going to be better but was going to take a couple of years. So far they are spot on.
Everything to do with coaching. TJ's bully ways only last so long. Plus the asst coaches other than Gary Morris have had little to zero succes as asst or head coaches. No way this tradition rich program should be this poor in one of the worst 3A district in the State.