Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vermont Wants Bush Impeached
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11724797/

NEWFANE, Vt. - In five Vermont communities, a centuries-old tradition of residents gathering in town halls to conduct local business became a vehicle to send a message to Washington: Impeach the president.An impeachment article, approved by a paper ballot 121-29 in Newfane Tuesday, calls on Vermont’s lone member of the U.S. House, independent Rep. Bernie Sanders, to file articles of impeachment against President Bush, alleging he misled the nation into the Iraq war and engaged in illegal domestic spying.
“It absolutely affects us locally,” said Newfane select board member Dan DeWalt, who drafted the impeachment article. “It’s our sons and daughters, our mothers and fathers, who are dying” in the war in Iraq.

At least four other Vermont towns, spurred by publicity about Newfane’s resolution, endorsed similar resolutions during Tuesday’s meetings: Brookfield, Dummerston, Marlboro and Putney.
In Newfane, the impeachment item came at the end of a roughly four-hour meeting that was devoted mostly to the local affairs of the town of 1,600 located in southeastern Vermont. Among the other items discussed was whether the town should fix some of its 100-year-old sidewalks.

Your opinions on the article?
In a way I can see their point in saying that he misled us into the war and the thing on domestic spying. I understand why the governement did the whole spying thing and I would probably do the same if I were a President and I wanted to keep my country safe from terrorists who may live in my country. If I am not mistaking didn't Bush first say that we were going into Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction? And then he came back later to say that it was a false alarm. Some people could defintally find that misleading if i am correct on those facts. I don't really think it was so misleading because he was doing what he thought was best for the country at that time which probably any President would do. I do however, think that the war in Iraq is not going to be over anytime soon simply because it's a war based on terrorism and things like that never end completely.
I think I need to live in Vermont!!!
BlueBells Wrote:I think I need to live in Vermont!!!
Me too!
DevilsWin Wrote:Me too!
Yep
Well move there!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Well move there!!

Ah, now be nice Dawg. :dontthink
BlueBells Wrote:Ah, now be nice Dawg. :dontthink
Not being not nice,,bluebells just saying move there just thought it was funny,,no pun intended!
DTfan Wrote:In a way I can see their point in saying that he misled us into the war and the thing on domestic spying. I understand why the governement did the whole spying thing and I would probably do the same if I were a President and I wanted to keep my country safe from terrorists who may live in my country. If I am not mistaking didn't Bush first say that we were going into Iraq because they had weapons of mass destruction? And then he came back later to say that it was a false alarm. Some people could defintally find that misleading if i am correct on those facts. I don't really think it was so misleading because he was doing what he thought was best for the country at that time which probably any President would do. I do however, think that the war in Iraq is not going to be over anytime soon simply because it's a war based on terrorism and things like that never end completely.
Finally someone who sees it the right way. In our situation, ANY president (even the Great Clinton who didn't kill Bin Laden when he had the chance) would have gone into Iraq just like Bush did. The intelligence (same thing that members of Congress -- Rep. and Dem. -- saw and supported) said that they did have weapons and there was reason to move into Iraq, so Bush followed the recommendations.

Impeach him. Go ahead. It will fail and he will remain in office. Just waste tax money. Smart move on the Dems. when they could spend it on more of their focus groups.
I knew that I liked Vermont for some reason.

And I really don't know if impeachment WOULD fail. Bush was elected again yes but if you see the polls about satisfaction this time around most of those who voted him in said that they regretted doing so.
Poll satisfaction doesn't matter. There are no grounds for impeachment (IMO) and you couldn't get enough of the Republicans to vote against him.

And I DO NOT regret my vote!
Nor do I Beef Nor do I.
Beef...Doc...I regret your votes for you. Big Grin
I didn't say who I voted for.
Only that I didn't regret my vote. LOL
Well I know that I regret Beef's for him. I don't regret my vote but it wasn't in favor for the Republican party.
So the Green Party was a bad vote?

Wink
this is whats wrong with america. even if you dont like what the president is doin you should at least support him. half the country likes him and the other dont and we have republicans and democrats constantly at each others throats. george bush didnt have a politcal party because he said political parties would tear this country in half and i would have to agree with that. what good does it do to constantlly whine and complain? it dont change anything
The only poll that mattered was taken last November. The country coulnot vote against Bush so they voted against his party. Thats why a large number of his own party has turned on him.

As far as doing the best thing for the country and making us safe. As long as bin Laden is at large how can we claim to be safe? And by all reports Al Qaeda is reorganizing. Even the "Fox Noise Channel" is reporting this. Afterall....aren't they the ones resposible for killing 3,000 people on 9/11?
Also....the last time I checked.....his approval rating was somewhere between 30-35%.....hardly half.
bizmark Wrote:this is whats wrong with america. even if you dont like what the president is doin you should at least support him.

What? How can I possibly support a liar (WMS) while he has started a full blown CIVIL WAR in a country that didnt have a thing to do with 9-11. I see it as he is personally responsible for 10's of 1,000's innocent men, women and childrens deaths. I cant in no way support that. NOw, what I can support Vermont in their Impeachment!!:mad:
Beef Wrote:Finally someone who sees it the right way. In our situation, ANY president (even the Great Clinton who didn't kill Bin Laden when he had the chance) would have gone into Iraq just like Bush did. The intelligence (same thing that members of Congress -- Rep. and Dem. -- saw and supported) said that they did have weapons and there was reason to move into Iraq, so Bush followed the recommendations.

Impeach him. Go ahead. It will fail and he will remain in office. Just waste tax money. Smart move on the Dems. when they could spend it on more of their focus groups.
You put it better than I ever could have. People on that other site say that he only invaded for oil, I get outnumbered but I said that the intelligence recommended that we invade Iraq, not Bush. If we hadn't invaded, and then Iraq launched weapons of mass destruction on us, then they'd be saying that he's horrible for not going in when we knew that they had WMD
BFritz Wrote:You put it better than I ever could have. People on that other site say that he only invaded for oil, I get outnumbered but I said that the intelligence recommended that we invade Iraq, not Bush. If we hadn't invaded, and then Iraq launched weapons of mass destruction on us, then they'd be saying that he's horrible for not going in when we knew that they had WMD

Let me get this straight.
In a world ran by Republicans we should not question authority because you think that our elected or appointed leader always have our best interest at heart. LMFAO

This is a Democracy! The most patriotic thing you can do is speak up, speak out and raise hell when you think the ship is sinking. That's what soldiers die for people. They don't die so some lilly white politician can sit back and tell us what to believe.

Some of you actually believe that when we went to war in Iraq it was because Bush and the CIA believed he(Saddam) had weapons of mass destruction. Hell I don't work for the government and I knew as well as numerous others(who were then called weak knee'd pansies), that there were no WMD's. All you had to do to know this was to listen to the people who were experts. I.E. Joe Wilson, Valerie Wilson. (They knew there were no WMD's and figured that since Saddam was such a bad guy that we would forget about the bad intelligence._

And if you've never heard of Valerie and Joe. She was an undercover CIA agent in Africa. He was her husband and the last US Ambassador in Iraq before the first Gulf War( which I am a Veteran of). They were tasked, by Dick Cheney, to find out if Iraq had attempted to purchase "Yellow Cake" Uranium, which can be used in making a nuclear weapon.

Well, former Ambassador Wilson discovered that the documents that the US had obtained in the African nation of Niger, and purportedly showed Iraq's intent to purchase Yellow Cake were indeed forged documents.

So when Bush gave his State of the Union Address that following January former Ambassador Wilson was suprised when Bush said, "We have recently found out that Iraq has attempted to aquire Yellow Cake". Why? Because he had told the White House that the informationwas false and could not be verified.

Well we went to war anyway. But who forged the documents? Who would have benefited from the results of the documents revelations? I'll tellyou who. The Iraqi National Congress and their leader Chalabi.

Next thing you know Valerie Plame(undercover CIA agent)'s name is in the paper and her cover, along with anyone she has ever had contact with's cover is blown. Lives are in danger and contacts lost in the dark underworld of clandestine warfare.

Bottom line is Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz decided to invade Iraq again way before Bush was even selected to run for president. Bush was told what to do and how to do it by all the Hawks who had been insulted by Saddam after he betrayed them during the Iran Irag war and escaped them during the Gulf War.

Believe what you want but don't accuse the voice of discontent of being unpatriotic.
Very!! nice post Devils.
DevilsWin Wrote:Let me get this straight.
In a world ran by Republicans we should not question authority because you think that our elected or appointed leader always have our best interest at heart. LMFAO

This is a Democracy! The most patriotic thing you can do is speak up, speak out and raise hell when you think the ship is sinking. That's what soldiers die for people. They don't die so some lilly white politician can sit back and tell us what to believe.

Some of you actually believe that when we went to war in Iraq it was because Bush and the CIA believed he(Saddam) had weapons of mass destruction. Hell I don't work for the government and I knew as well as numerous others(who were then called weak knee'd pansies), that there were no WMD's. All you had to do to know this was to listen to the people who were experts. I.E. Joe Wilson, Valerie Wilson. (They knew there were no WMD's and figured that since Saddam was such a bad guy that we would forget about the bad intelligence._

And if you've never heard of Valerie and Joe. She was an undercover CIA agent in Africa. He was her husband and the last US Ambassador in Iraq before the first Gulf War( which I am a Veteran of). They were tasked, by Dick Cheney, to find out if Iraq had attempted to purchase "Yellow Cake" Uranium, which can be used in making a nuclear weapon.

Well, former Ambassador Wilson discovered that the documents that the US had obtained in the African nation of Niger, and purportedly showed Iraq's intent to purchase Yellow Cake were indeed forged documents.

So when Bush gave his State of the Union Address that following January former Ambassador Wilson was suprised when Bush said, "We have recently found out that Iraq has attempted to aquire Yellow Cake". Why? Because he had told the White House that the informationwas false and could not be verified.

Well we went to war anyway. But who forged the documents? Who would have benefited from the results of the documents revelations? I'll tellyou who. The Iraqi National Congress and their leader Chalabi.

Next thing you know Valerie Plame(undercover CIA agent)'s name is in the paper and her cover, along with anyone she has ever had contact with's cover is blown. Lives are in danger and contacts lost in the dark underworld of clandestine warfare.

Bottom line is Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz decided to invade Iraq again way before Bush was even selected to run for president. Bush was told what to do and how to do it by all the Hawks who had been insulted by Saddam after he betrayed them during the Iran Irag war and escaped them during the Gulf War.

Believe what you want but don't accuse the voice of discontent of being unpatriotic.

FORGED DOCUMENTS??? Tell me no! Not in this administration!

Great Post Devil!! And if you have not heard it yet, Thanks for your service in the Gulf.
BlueBells Wrote:Great Post Devil!! And if you have not heard it yet, Thanks for your service in the Gulf.

Thanks BlueBells.
BlueBells Wrote:I think I need to live in Vermont!!!

I agree 110% with you.....
:thatsfunn
What I would like to know is why in the hell do we vote anyway? They dont go by the peoples popular vote, they go by the electoral college. It doesnt matter who we vote for, none of them ever turn out to be what we think they will be. Bush has been one of the worst presidents ever, and by far the dumbest. He started a war in a place we had no right to be over nothing. He was just gettin revenge for his daddy. Why the hell have we not went after Bin Laden, the man supposedly responsible for 9/11? If im not mistaken, wasnt Bush being investigated for vote fraud or something like that when 9/11 happened, then when it did happen, all that went away all of a sudden. But whats the point in questioning it, this world is so screwed up, its not even funny. I only wish I was saved and right with God before it all comes to an end, if I was, I would pray for an end as soon as it could happen. But I dont think I would have to pray for it, its coming soon anyway, the evidence is out there to support it.
Lol, Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lol, Smile
Good find.
Pages: 1 2