Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry's coach a class act?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love the way Belfry's coach was still pressing with a 21 point lead 2 minutes left in the game and Betsy Lane with their bench in. A class act if ever I saw one.Rolleyes On a good note though... that # 10 for Belfry is one of the workin'est girls I have ever watched. She never quits running. Congrats on the win.
She has done this a few times this year. She better watch though cause in a few years this may come back to bite her!
A few years??? Let's try a few hours - Magoffin is gonna bite her in the back real bad!
BleedsBlue Wrote:A few years??? Let's try a few hours - Magoffin is gonna bite her in the back real bad!
Pup was there and saw it, I hope he puts a little back just for Betsy Lane's sake. There was no reason whatsoever for her doing that.
You're right MC is gonna pound Belfry.
Actualy Belfry was working on things for Magoffin County and Betsy Layne didn't sub neither. I mean a 21 points lead isn't really a disaster lol.
If I was guessing, I would say she did this to get ready for the MC game...and maybe to get back at BL a little bit since their coach spent most of the fourth quarter talking to Expo Center security and making the Belfry pep section sit down. By the way, what was all that about?
If she was workin on a press for MC she better rethink he gameplan cause no one in this region can press MC and win!
eaglehoops Wrote:If she was workin on a press for MC she better rethink he gameplan cause no one in this region can press MC and win!
I hope she does try to press them, it will be good for a laugh. MC might be able to be pressed, but it's not gonna be Belfy doing it.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I love the way Belfry's coach was still pressing with a 21 point lead 2 minutes left in the game and Betsy Lane with their bench in. A class act if ever I saw one.Rolleyes On a good note though... that # 10 for Belfry is one of the workin'est girls I have ever watched. She never quits running. Congrats on the win.
I agree. That was uncalled for but I did notice that although MC played a lot of girls the other night their coach was careful to keep a couple stars on the floor in a game which was also pretty lopsided.
crawdad Wrote:I agree. That was uncalled for but I did notice that although MC played a lot of girls the other night their coach was careful to keep a couple stars on the floor in a game which was also pretty lopsided.
MC's whole bench finished that game. His bench goes pretty deep, I will say though.
crawdad Wrote:I agree. That was uncalled for but I did notice that although MC played a lot of girls the other night their coach was careful to keep a couple stars on the floor in a game which was also pretty lopsided.
But they don't press!
Belfry Wins Wrote:Actualy Belfry was working on things for Magoffin County and Betsy Layne didn't sub neither. I mean a 21 points lead isn't really a disaster lol.
If that was the case, then she needs to scrimmage belfry's boys to get ready for MC.
The Guru Wrote:But they don't press!
That is true, he didn't press. All I am saying is that PC was in a similar game and players 1-7 sat the entire fourth quarter and a great deal of the third. So in order of sportsmanship so far Butcher is 1, Miller is 2 and Stiltner is way back in last place.
Did witness the game..and many were wondering the same thing. Why is she still pressing late in the game.

Felt Betsy Layne palyed well for a half and from that point on 38 on the scoreboard was a long number for the Bobcats.
Belfry girls has played bad lately and they finaly put together a decent half, they were rusty the first half. She was running them working them out for Magoffin Co. And Magoffin and PCC game were both alot worse than Belfrys. I will say though as far as Magoffin yeah they are good but compared to Belfrys boys come on lol. I mean Belfry got beat alot on the press at Belfry but they forced magoffin into some turnovers on the press. I f Belfry plays well and shoots hot you never know, I dont think it will be no route. Plus with 13th region refs Belfry can play more physical which they like. I think it will be a fun game 2mara night, I would defintley say MC is the fav, I think they are a awesome team. But its tournament time so you never know.
BleedsBlue Wrote:A few years??? Let's try a few hours - Magoffin is gonna bite her in the back real bad!

Lets look at it this way. Pup and Casandra both attended Alice Loyd at the same time, they were friends then and are still friends. I would say he noticed it.
I don't see what the big deal is...Belfry is the only team that doesn't get a practice in between their first and second game, so is it so bad to keep players in and try to work the kinks out of something? It wasn't like they were up forty points, and the last minute of play there were no starters in for Belfry. I have seen a lot worse from teams this year.
Phoenix Wrote:I don't see what the big deal is...Belfry is the only team that doesn't get a practice in between their first and second game, so is it so bad to keep players in and try to work the kinks out of something? It wasn't like they were up forty points, and the last minute of play there were no starters in for Belfry. I have seen a lot worse from teams this year.

Nope, I would say it was because they were pressing, with their starters still in.
They didn't try to run offense, they were trying to create turnovers off the press and shoot lay ups, against a young Betsy Lane team that didn't have any chance of a come back and couldn't hardly get the ball up the floor.
Well, I guess we're still waiting to see that pounding Belfry's gonna get. I was at the games last night, and after watching all four coaches, yes, she does have class. Class is one of those things that is hard to define, but you know it when you see it. She is going to make some mistakes, she is a first year coach. But after watching the conduct of all the coaches, she has more class than the rest of them combined. The refs let both teams get away with some muggings, and when it happened to MC, Pup stomped, pouted, and acted like a kid. When it happened to Belfry, she didn't do a thing, didn't get out of line one time! So yes, she displayed class on the sidelines. I salute her. And no, I am not from Belfry, so this is an unbiased opinion.
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Well, I guess we're still waiting to see that pounding Belfry's gonna get. I was at the games last night, and after watching all four coaches, yes, she does have class. Class is one of those things that is hard to define, but you know it when you see it. She is going to make some mistakes, she is a first year coach. But after watching the conduct of all the coaches, she has more class than the rest of them combined. The refs let both teams get away with some muggings, and when it happened to MC, Pup stomped, pouted, and acted like a kid. When it happened to Belfry, she didn't do a thing, didn't get out of line one time! So yes, she displayed class on the sidelines. I salute her. And no, I am not from Belfry, so this is an unbiased opinion.

yea I agree,great coach,my pick to win the region
Looks like someone can and did, she done awesome with her game plan, sorry for your disappointment.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I hope she does try to press them, it will be good for a laugh. MC might be able to be pressed, but it's not gonna be Belfy doing it.
:thatsfunn

Looks like it was Belfry who done it!! Fine game plan Coach Stiltner, looks like Belfry is still on the 15th region map.
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:Well, I guess we're still waiting to see that pounding Belfry's gonna get. I was at the games last night, and after watching all four coaches, yes, she does have class. Class is one of those things that is hard to define, but you know it when you see it. She is going to make some mistakes, she is a first year coach. But after watching the conduct of all the coaches, she has more class than the rest of them combined. The refs let both teams get away with some muggings, and when it happened to MC, Pup stomped, pouted, and acted like a kid. When it happened to Belfry, she didn't do a thing, didn't get out of line one time! So yes, she displayed class on the sidelines. I salute her. And no, I am not from Belfry, so this is an unbiased opinion.

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud when I read this post. There is a whole lot more to classiness than the way a coach handles officials......
If you have read the posts you would know I never questioned her on court presence. I questioned her pressing of BL with 2 minutes left and no hope of a win for BL. It was a matter of letting BL go out with pride. In that aspect, I still say she had no class that night. There was no reason at all to rub BL in the dirt. On court presence? She is heads above the rest.
In the regional tournament you are going to bash a coach for getting everything out of his team. I'm all for being sportsmanlike and not rubbing a team's nose in the dirt. But that stuff has to take a bit of a back seat to team goals when the tournament time rolls around.

Belfrys girls had not played well in the games leading up to this tourney and Coach was trying to get everything out of them and prepare them for the game of the season coming up with MC. It is akin to leaving your starters in a football game when the game is out of hand and trying a few things that you need to work on to get you ready for the playoffs.

All things considered, it looks like it worked well and I don't blame her one bit for the move.
We have a coach in the 14th region, 54th district that does that too. It just hurts the kids on the team that they are playing!!! NO CLASS!!!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I love the way Belfry's coach was still pressing with a 21 point lead 2 minutes left in the game and Betsy Lane with their bench in. A class act if ever I saw one.Rolleyes On a good note though... that # 10 for Belfry is one of the workin'est girls I have ever watched. She never quits running. Congrats on the win.
LakeLover Wrote::thatsfunn

Looks like it was Belfry who done it!! Fine game plan Coach Stiltner, looks like Belfry is still on the 15th region map.

Stiltner has proved she is a class act, I believe the people's choice to represent 15th region would be Belfry, but as luck would have it, looks like it will be Pike Central.
Now their coaching staff is a real class act, they act more like cheerleaders than coaches.
Belfry has no reason to hang their heads, they made it farther than most figured they would. They have shown class all the way, the coaching staff really looked and acted like a first class act. Nice job Stiltner and May on promoting and showing how teamwork really pays off.
LakeLover Wrote:Stiltner has proved she is a class act, I believe the people's choice to represent 15th region would be Belfry, but as luck would have it, looks like it will be Pike Central.
Now their coaching staff is a real class act, they act more like cheerleaders than coaches.
Belfry has no reason to hang their heads, they made it farther than most figured they would. They have shown class all the way, the coaching staff really looked and acted like a first class act. Nice job Stiltner and May on promoting and showing how teamwork really pays off.

Why even get on here and put down PC's coach's? So they show their emotions on the sidelines! They still got the most out of their players! Coach Stiltner is a class act and a real good coach! By the way, where do you think she learned to act classy? Pike Central that's right! Now you wanna talk about cheerleader's, maybe if the Belfry girls had any support up in the stands then maybe they would feed off the fans emotions! I am not talking about all Belfry fans cause there was some in attendance, but to those who didn't attend which was alot I am sure, Shame on you! Those girls go out there and give it their all to represent the Belfry name on their jerseys, the least you could do is drive 15 minutes and pay 6 or 7 dollars and support your team! Congrats on a great season for the Lady Pirates and the coaching staff also!
Hawksfan Wrote:Why even get on here and put down PC's coach's? So they show their emotions on the sidelines! They still got the most out of their players! Coach Stiltner is a class act and a real good coach! By the way, where do you think she learned to act classy? Pike Central that's right! Now you wanna talk about cheerleader's, maybe if the Belfry girls had any support up in the stands then maybe they would feed off the fans emotions! I am not talking about all Belfry fans cause there was some in attendance, but to those who didn't attend which was alot I am sure, Shame on you! Those girls go out there and give it their all to represent the Belfry name on their jerseys, the least you could do is drive 15 minutes and pay 6 or 7 dollars and support your team! Congrats on a great season for the Lady Pirates and the coaching staff also!

No one is downing your coach, a statement is a statement, and fact is fact. And as for Stiltner and her class act. Don't take credit for her being professional, I think she probably brought her class act to Pike Central, it definitely wasn't taught to her there. She has done a great job with these girls considering how negative everyone was when she stepped into the position.
Lots of nice talent on both sides shown tonight, Belfry just couldn't get their shots to fall and PC did. That is it in a nut shell, can't blame anything else.
Pages: 1 2