Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central (23-7) vs. Pikeville (17-11): 15th Region Semi-Finals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Allen Central, coming off an impressive win against Phelps, will take on Pikeville who just defeated a Magoffin County team who was coming off an emotional win over Paintsville. Pikeville's Adams had 6 blocks against Magoffin and Rice, down low. Allen Central, IMO, is the hottest team in the region right now. These two teams met back Feb. 20 at Pikeville, with the Panthers pulling out a 5 point win, 69-64. This game is being played on a neutral site, and Allen Central is playing with a lot of confidence AS A TEAM. However, Pikeville isn't a bad team, and could very easily pull this one out. I just feel, the way Collins is playing, the guard play of Hammonds, and the contributions of Prater, Allen Central won't let the Panthers escape with this one, and Johnny Martin will continue is "magic" and the Rebels move on to the Finals for the first time since 2001.

Allen Central - 84
Pikeville - 72
Go Rebels, my guess:
Rebels 62
Pikeville 56
Will be a very entertaining game, my guess is that this game may be the most fun to watch in the tourney.
TRIPLE J Wrote:Will be a very entertaining game, my guess is that this game may be the most fun to watch in the tourney.
I would have to agree, TRIPLE J. After the close game these two played a few weeks ago, and the atmosphere of March Madness, I look for this one to be one of the more exciting games tournament.
Wait, didn't Pikeville beat Allen Central in regular season? I could be mistaking.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Allen Central, coming off an impressive win against Phelps, will take on Pikeville who just defeated a Magoffin County team who was coming off an emotional win over Paintsville. Pikeville's Adams had 6 blocks against Magoffin and Rice, down low. Allen Central, IMO, is the hottest team in the region right now. These two teams met back Feb. 20 at Pikeville, with the Panthers pulling out a 5 point win, 69-64. This game is being played on a neutral site, and Allen Central is playing with a lot of confidence AS A TEAM. However, Pikeville isn't a bad team, and could very easily pull this one out. I just feel, the way Collins is playing, the guard play of Hammonds, and the contributions of Prater, Allen Central won't let the Panthers escape with this one, and Johnny Martin will continue is "magic" and the Rebels move on to the Finals for the first time since 2001.

Allen Central - 84
Pikeville - 72
Good post, but if AC does beat Pikeville, it won't be by more than 3, 5 at the very most, i'll take my Panther's in this one by 8+:rockon:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Allen Central, coming off an impressive win against Phelps, will take on Pikeville who just defeated a Magoffin County team who was coming off an emotional win over Paintsville. Pikeville's Adams had 6 blocks against Magoffin and Rice, down low. Allen Central, IMO, is the hottest team in the region right now. These two teams met back Feb. 20 at Pikeville, with the Panthers pulling out a 5 point win, 69-64. This game is being played on a neutral site, and Allen Central is playing with a lot of confidence AS A TEAM. However, Pikeville isn't a bad team, and could very easily pull this one out. I just feel, the way Collins is playing, the guard play of Hammonds, and the contributions of Prater, Allen Central won't let the Panthers escape with this one, and Johnny Martin will continue is "magic" and the Rebels move on to the Finals for the first time since 2001.

Allen Central - 84
Pikeville - 72
This game will not be in the 70s and definately not the 80s. I look for a close game-low scoring too in the 50s-with Pikeville holding on.
Pikeville better find a way to stop Collins. This is March Madness and what happened in the regular season doesnt mean a thing. Who would have thought Shelby Valley would need some breaks to get past Betsy Layne. The best team doesnt always win in March, its just whoever is hot on any given night.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Pikeville better find a way to stop Collins. This is March Madness and what happened in the regular season doesnt mean a thing. Who would have thought Shelby Valley would need some breaks to get past Betsy Layne. The best team doesnt always win in March, its just whoever is hot on any given night.
Your right, what happened in regular season dosen't mean anything, and yea, who ever is hot on game day usually wins, but Pikeville will be HOT come friday, as im sure AC will be too. We'll just have to see who's fire is hotter. GO PANTHERS
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Wait, didn't Pikeville beat Allen Central in regular season? I could be mistaking.
No. You're not mistaking. And if I'm not mistaking, I mentioned the fact that Central lost to Pikeville. But what happens in the regular season doesn't mean anything come tournament time. It doesn't matter the margin of victory, whether or not one team had an off night, or if it was a "blodd battle." All it takes is one team to get hot at the right time, and to me, Allen Central is the hotter team of the two. Yes, they shot 65% Tuesday night, and yes, Collins is on fire right now, but like I, along with everyone has been saying, it's March Madness, so ANYTHING is possible. Both teams will bring their A-Games, you can count on that. However, I'm still saying Allen Central by 10-15 points.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:No. You're not mistaking. And if I'm not mistaking, I mentioned the fact that Central lost to Pikeville. But what happens in the regular season doesn't mean anything come tournament time. It doesn't matter the margin of victory, whether or not one team had an off night, or if it was a "blodd battle." All it takes is one team to get hot at the right time, and to me, Allen Central is the hotter team of the two. Yes, they shot 65% Tuesday night, and yes, Collins is on fire right now, but like I, along with everyone has been saying, it's March Madness, so ANYTHING is possible. Both teams will bring their A-Games, you can count on that. However, I'm still saying Allen Central by 10-15 points.
I don't see either game on friday being won by more than 6 or 8.
Allen Central is hot right now, I mean hot! Allen Central has been quite all season and layed it to a good Phelps team. Pikeville is good but, not good enough.

Allen Central- 72
Pikeville- 58
This is a hard one to pick, I'm going to go with AC though. Play of Collins has been spectacular here late.
blackcat_student Wrote:Allen Central is hot right now, I mean hot! Allen Central has been quite all season and layed it to a good Phelps team. Pikeville is good but, not good enough.

Allen Central- 72
Pikeville- 58
FYI Pikeville put Phelps away by at least 20 in the All A(don't remeber how much exactly). All four of the teams left have the ability to take home the trophy. There is no one left that is "not good enough."
Allen Central with a big win!
I am going with Pikeville! Didn't think they would beat MC and sounds like they controlled the entire game! Going to be a good one! Good Luck to both teams!
I dont have a clue as to how to predict this one. Both teams are pretty evenly matched. If Allen Central comes out shooting like they did the first game, I dont see anyone beating them. If they dont, and shoot like they have pretty much all season, it can be anyones game. I will predict this one the same as I have every other game in the tourney. The team that is shooting and playing the best from 8 to 9 tomorrow night will be in the semis waiting on Saturdays final game. Good luck to both teams and I hope the game can go injury free like the last one.
Should be a good one and both are playing their best as of lately. That is what everyone wants this time of year. Toss it up and let em go after it. Best team wins. Good luck to both school's---well maybe a little more to my home district team--- but honestly to both, They have a couple of really good coaches running the show.
Tubby Hater Wrote:Pikeville better find a way to stop Collins. This is March Madness and what happened in the regular season doesnt mean a thing. Who would have thought Shelby Valley would need some breaks to get past Betsy Layne. The best team doesnt always win in March, its just whoever is hot on any given night.

A slow first round for teams like Valley. Pikeville grinded out their win last night. I expect the first round dips from some teams to be gone by Friday as everyone will elevate their game.
AC by 10+.
Collins, Slone, and Hammonds are better than Pikevilles guards and Martin is tough inside.
going with pikeville on this one !!!!!!!!
This will be a game of high proportions for both teams. Im going to go with Allen Central with a 6 point win in this one and exact some revenge on Pikeville for last months loss. This should be a very awesome game to watch and the atmosphere will be electric as AC rocks the EXPO once more. Good luck to both squads.
Pikeville by at least 6
I dunno how I would predict this game, Pikeville has the most talent and size but AC is playing good right now. It could go eighter way.
The poll so far is neck and neck at 9.
Not now, Pikeville is up 1
9 to 10
Even though this will be a very balanced game, I am going to pick Pikeville by 3 to 5 points. Allen Central did shoot the lights out against Phelps, but can they shoot like that two games in a row with hands in their faces this game?

I have to disagree with Old Timer, Pikevilles guards are just as good if not better than Allen Centrals. On the inside, Josh Martin might have more experience being a senior, but he better not overlook Pikevilles younger center or he might be surprised. Pikeville will have to control the boards more, and hit their freethrows for them to pull out the win.
Pikeville probably won't have a problem controlling the glass. I think Adams had like 18 boards in their first matchup with AC
If both teams bring their A game AC will win this one. AC plays with a ton of heart and everyone for them gives 110%, and I love watching them play.

AC - 61
Pikeville - 56
Ill take AC in a close one
Pages: 1 2