Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mark Stoops or Bobby Petrino?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Smile:happybliss:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Sadly we are stuck with Stoops at least for the remainder of this season. Like a few others, I was all for Petrino. UK could have brought him in, structure his contract so that if he has any of the bull it will hit his pocket hard, and then sit back and enjoy watching how a team is supposed to be built. As for the fans, throw a top 20 football team on the field and they tend to forgive. Right now Art Briles is sitting at home, that's even worth the chance, but I refuse to believe UK can't have two quality programs at the same time. Too many other school do. The biggest issue is getting someone other than Mitch to do the searching and hiring. While Saban isn't walking thru that door, throw out enough money and a proven winner will.

insideinfo Wrote:If he would haves moved us in the right direction, coaches would have been knocking on our door to replace him. Instead we will be begging people just to come interview. And with the Barnhead addidition setting empty the rest of the year. Even with the 18 million buyout I don't see Stoops making anothe year without something miraculous happening.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What does dj elliott have on Stoops?
How does he make it out of a stadium without being fired after every game?
He may possibly be the worst defensive coordinator in all of college football.

Boy I'm glad we didn't hire petrino. I'd hate to be blowing out teams like fsu while our qb is about to win a freaking heisman.

Great move.
I wish we could go back in time to when people gave me hell for that. Congrats, you and mitch have got the program exactly where it deserves to be.

Cat Daddy Wrote:If Barnhart doesn't go after Art Briles after the end of the season, he needs fired himself. Briles is one of the best coaches in America, in my opinion. Although, he has some baggage, he is exactly what this program needs. He is a proven winner, who will bring an exciting style of football back to the Bluegrass. He has a lot of recruiting ties in Texas and other football rich areas in the south and west. I understand the buyout is huge, but hiring a coach like Briles, will bring the program more CA$H in the long run. We can't afford to make the same mistake as we made with Petrino.

Black Bear Cuz Wrote:I'm not going to get into a back and forth argument about who would and who wouldn't come here, it's all just speculation anyway. Bobby Petrino from what I understand wanted the Ky job, but we were too righteous to give that GREAT AND PROVEN coach a second chance after making some personal mistakes in his life. Petrino went to WKU and beat Ky there now he's back at Louisville and has them playing top 15 football. We will never beat The Cardinals again as long as he's there and the last time I checked Louisvile is a basketball school as well.........If the University of Ky makes a commitment to hiring a high quality coach and has the right AD to get the job done I believe good football could be played in Lexington. So you can go on accepting the less than mediocre program and not expect more all you want, but I will not join along in that belief...........

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You know I love you too. This isn't personal.
But I have to disagree. With the right amount of money any coach will come. Saban himself would come if you offered him 10mIL more a year than what he makes.
Now I know that isn't feasible, but it's ridicolous we don't hire guys like petrino when we have the chance then refuse to spend 8 or 9 million a year for a big name coach who's only making 5 or 6 right now.
We could get it.

Stoops is clearly not the answer. He never was. I told you all that from the beginning just like joker. Hell we even have people that think rich Brooks was a great coach because he made a couple of bowl games lol. He was a mediocre coach who looked better than he was because he won't more than 3 or 4 games.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Theres a few posters who better hope this isn't true Confusednicker:

After my PETRINO! campaign I will never let them live this down.

PETRINO

Demarcus ware Wrote:Petrino will try to score 100. He may just do it.

Is it surprising that UL hasn't won a big game since they was caught using a teams play book last year?