Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: University of Kentucky 29 University of Tennessee 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It wasn't pretty but I'll take it
Amen. We can analyze it some other time. Right now, we just beat Tennessee. In football. We sure don’t get to say that enough.
Defense was HUGE on 3rd down tonight when it mattered! A win is a win..
GO CATS
Ole Miss, Vandy, and Lville are all very winnable games. That could mean a 9-3 finish. Great improvement record wise, but I just can't see any on field improvement.

UK really needs to win those three for an actual decent bowl game and national recruiting exposure.
No I agree, while I’m certainly ok with our record, I’m still disappointed with our overall play, just feel like we should have been more complete as a team this year. This is probably the weakest overall SEC in memory, yet every week is a struggle to beat teams like Tennessee, Missouri, even EKU and Eastern Michigan. It’s progress I guess that we are winning most of those games, but I’m afraid we are missing a chance to really move up in the conference pecking order with the way some of the other programs are struggling.
4 fumbles inside our own territory and we win...Stephen Johnson is a winner and one tough and gutty SOB...I will admit as we were driving for the win I said to the guy next to me I was having Mark Higgs four tries from the one yard line flashbacks or all the other 100 ways we lost to UTee fails over my 61 year lifetime...But this team pretty or not found a way to win and I left the stadium with a bid grin on my face...6-2 and bowl eligible in Oct, enjoy BBN...
A win is a win i reckon. To know just how bad UT is look at the stats, UK had 4 turnovers and ONLY 82 yards passing, and still managed to win. Like people above, the record looks good but the play on the field is not. It seems like we just can’t go in a game we should win and put it away early. Always has to be a struggle win. Thank goodness the SEC East is god awful this year. Besides the Georgia game it is possible for UK to win out, which would be great for several reasons. I just wished our wins could come a little easier over these down teams.

Now, why are we not using CJ Conrad more? I heard him say his role changed 4 weeks ago, and hasn’t even been targeted much at all lately. I understand his frustrations, I would hate to lose him because he knows how good he can be. This kid could be a great tightend but Coach Gran just refuses to use him. They actually have two good tightends but just don’t use them at all. Doesn’t make much sense to me when I see teams use tight ends the way they do and we have what could be one of the best and never use him.
Stephen Johnson IS THE MAN!!!!

When he ran back out on the field, it was just as good as seeing a professional wrestler making their entrance for the main event of WrestleMania...... kRoger field went crazy, you could see the entire UK team get re-energized and you could just feel we were gonna win.
Stephen Johnson is certainly the bright spot for this team. LOVE his attitude!!

I know that Snell holds most of our offense, but is so inconsistent!! I liked his swagger during the after game interview, though. He sure has a lot of self confidence.
Sweet win. When Johnson came back out the energy exploded at Kroger Stadium.
2011 & 2017.... These are the only two times UK has beat Tennessee in my lifetime.

And I have been there for both games!!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2011 & 2017.... These are the only two times UK has beat Tennessee in my lifetime.

And I have been there for both games!!!!!

Was there in 1964 (Thanks Dad) my first UK vs UT game at UT I think, 1976-77 was grad student at UK, 1981, 1984 (my oldest sons first UK UT game), 2011 and now 2017...They have been few and far between...Still grinning this morning...
Why did we waste a scholarship on barker?
He's a complete waste of a scholarship
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why did we waste a scholarship on barker?
He's a complete waste of a scholarship

When he was signed, he was supposed to have been Mr. Incredible.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When he was signed, he was supposed to have been Mr. Incredible.
Barker was a 4 star recruit and was offered by Spurrier at South Carolina, he seems hopelessly lost on the field...Heard a story about him yesterday at the tailgate that doesn’t speak well to his character...
I still don’t understand why they go with Barker. I would love to see what Gunner can do. Kid has never gotten a chance
A win is a win and since we’ve only won twice in the last 33 years I’m going to take it. An ugly win is a lot better than a pretty lose.

I would agree with everyone about Barker. I don’t know if the commitment is there from him and he has not looked good at all. Hoak looked great in on the summer and blue-white scrimmage. Really don’t know why Barker is still the backup considering.
OldJacket Wrote:Barker was a 4 star recruit and was offered by Spurrier at South Carolina, he seems hopelessly lost on the field...Heard a story about him yesterday at the tailgate that doesn’t speak well to his character...

Partying with Stoops??
Pulp Fiction Wrote:When he was signed, he was supposed to have been Mr. Incredible.

He wasnt even the best QB in northern Kentucky at the time.
That kid at Simon Kenton was much better than him.
His popularity was paid for
Let’s see, TN had not scored a TD in 14 qtrs coming in, winless in the SEC, terrible against the run, struggled to beat Umass at home, they have no QB, there best RB didn’t play and there coach is going to be fired any day now... We have them at home and we have a good QB and with all that we have working for us that I mentioned we still have to endure that last pass play that prob would have been a td if their QB had a stronger arm to get our 2nd win in 34 years against that Rocky Top singing bunch??? And we’re supposed to enjoy that???? I’m sorry, but I cannot!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Let’s see, TN had not scored a TD in 14 qtrs coming in, winless in the SEC, terrible against the run, struggled to beat Umass at home, they have no QB, there best RB didn’t play and there coach is going to be fired any day now... We have them at home and we have a good QB and with all that we have working for us that I mentioned we still have to endure that last pass play that prob would have been a td if their QB had a stronger arm to get our 2nd win in 34 years against that Rocky Top singing bunch??? And we’re supposed to enjoy that???? I’m sorry, but I cannot!

We've beat Tennessee only two times since the 1984 season.... for all of the heartbreaks and the blowouts we've had at the hands of the Vols in that time period, I'll take a W over them any way we can get it.

Big deal, we didn't play good.... Big deal, they scored some TD's....
What matters is that we are 6-2. Old Kentucky football looses that game by 4-5 TD's. This team found a way to win. They could have gave up after loosing the four fumbles and being down late in the 4th qtr., but they didn't. They drove the ball, scored a TD and 2pt. conv., then was able to keep them out of the endzone that we are so used to seeing go against us.

Sometimes you win by Knockout & sometimes you win by Split Decision. Regardless, a W is a W.
Credit to Jeff Drummond
For only the fourth time in the history of the UK football program, the Cats have secured six wins bowl eligiblity in Oct...Let that sink in for a moment. Kentucky has been playing college football since 1881...
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Let’s see, TN had not scored a TD in 14 qtrs coming in, winless in the SEC, terrible against the run, struggled to beat Umass at home, they have no QB, there best RB didn’t play and there coach is going to be fired any day now... We have them at home and we have a good QB and with all that we have working for us that I mentioned we still have to endure that last pass play that prob would have been a td if their QB had a stronger arm to get our 2nd win in 34 years against that Rocky Top singing bunch??? And we’re supposed to enjoy that???? I’m sorry, but I cannot!
I agree. Just not excited about it. Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but struggle wins against Conference winless Vols, Eastern Michigan, and beat an FCS team by 11 just isn't stimulating..We should have beaten Florida because you can bet they will bounce back with a new coach and the streak will continue, that one is more on the coaches i guess. DB's are kinda important to have on the field LOL...

Sorry Pulp but UK never wins by Knockout Confusednicker:

Then please move on to basketball and stop whining. The everyday bitching about Football and Stoops is so annoying. Yes we get it, you want them to win every game by 50 and only lose to Alabama. Well NO. It's not gonna happen. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Or Ever. Kentucky football is Kentucky football, Beat TN 2 times in 30 years and people wanna complain about not beating them by 30? WE HAD 4 FUMBLES! ITS AMAZING WE DIDNT LOSE BY 30? Yes our coaches make stupid decisions, our players take plays off and play down to their competition. However, Its amazing that Kentucky is 6-2 and Bowl Eligible in October. We are favored our next two games and can easily be 8-2 leading into Georgia beating us by 40. Just enjoy it, Man i feel like you are the fan in Sec *** that just bitch and complain the entire game or the ones who don't watch but rep Kentucky Basketball shirts all season.
^^^^Talks about people bitching and whining while bitching and whining Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:^^^^Talks about people bitching and whining while bitching and whining Confusednicker:

People bitching and whining about UK football like we use to be a powerhouse or something . It hasn’t been this good in a long time . Enjoy this possible 9 won season. You can go back to calling for stoops head next year.
[Image: 1200px-Yahtzee_logo.svg.png]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:[Image: 1200px-Yahtzee_logo.svg.png]

That’s a BIG Yahtzee
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Then please move on to basketball and stop whining. The everyday bitching about Football and Stoops is so annoying. Yes we get it, you want them to win every game by 50 and only lose to Alabama. Well NO. It's not gonna happen. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Or Ever. Kentucky football is Kentucky football, Beat TN 2 times in 30 years and people wanna complain about not beating them by 30? WE HAD 4 FUMBLES! ITS AMAZING WE DIDNT LOSE BY 30? Yes our coaches make stupid decisions, our players take plays off and play down to their competition. However, Its amazing that Kentucky is 6-2 and Bowl Eligible in October. We are favored our next two games and can easily be 8-2 leading into Georgia beating us by 40. Just enjoy it, Man i feel like you are the fan in Sec *** that just bitch and complain the entire game or the ones who don't watch but rep Kentucky Basketball shirts all season.
Is today’s game what we are supposed to enjoy? Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Is today’s game what we are supposed to enjoy? Confusednicker:

It’s kentucky football, go cheer for Alabama you whiny child . Fans like you are the worst and probably complain about the basketball team and cal everytime we lose or a player goes pro.