Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Road to Kroger Field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of the top teams in 2A (Danville, Desales, Mayfield, LCA, CAL) who has the easiest road to the title game?

I would say Mayfield has the easiest road for multiple reasons:

1: Home field until the State Championship game
2: They would not play one of the "power 5" the semi-finals.
2b: Most likely getying the winner of Desales/CAL who should beat each other up the week before.

Thoughts?
DeSales looks like the best team but CAL and Mayfield are very close if not better
How ya figure owensboro Catholic. Desales or Cal and if we get by them our nemesis Danville in final and we all saw what they did to LCA.
As far as getting to the title goes, I'd say LCA has the easiest road.. They will easily cruise into the region finals and have to face a tough Danville team, but, one they've already played once and are very familiar with.. If they get by that one, which is basically a toss up, despite last time, then they'd have to beat either Lloyd, Glasgow or NCC, which they'd be a heavy favorite against..
Class 2A has to be the most competitive of all of the classes. Desales, Mayfield, CAL, Danville, and LCA all seem like legitimate contenders to win the title. Should be a fun ride over the next five weeks!
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:How ya figure owensboro Catholic. Desales or Cal and if we get by them our nemesis Danville in final and we all saw what they did to LCA.

I think Mayfield puts a running clock on O Cath... meanwhile Desales and CAL will be killing each other up in the Ville. Mayfield will only have to string together 2 high quality games compared to the three that the other top teams will. And as I said before, they get home field to the championship... anyone who has kept up with KY football knows that Mayfield just doesn't loose at home in the playoffs, or anytime for that matter.
OCath has come on and is playing very well of late. Anyone delegating them to cupcake status isn't paying attention.
E's Army Wrote:DeSales looks like the best team but CAL and Mayfield are very close if not better

:confused:Confusedtare:
The Admirals will be playing for the championship in Lexington .
Danville or LCA one will be in the title game and other than the fact that they’ll have to play each other in the regional championship it’ll be a pretty easy path for either
I do think however that it will be Danville who wins it all this year, I’ve been saying that since week 0.
Danville has the easiest road. Not trying to knock anyone here, but LCA and Somerset are just not the same caliber as MF, DeSales, and CAL.

Would Danville want to swap sides of the bracket with any team in the west?
I'm just ready to get this thing going. You can make a case for each of the top five teams. Some have speed, and quickness, others have depth, and toughness. There can be a lot of variables like weather, especially when we get in later rounds, for those of us who have won in we also know at some point you need to catch some breaks. I just hope all the teams are at full strength, and safe journeys to the teams that have those long trips. It all comes down to who can win 5 games. Nothing better in the world than practicing on turkey day!
ColtPride Wrote:I'm just ready to get this thing going. You can make a case for each of the top five teams. Some have speed, and quickness, others have depth, and toughness. There can be a lot of variables like weather, especially when we get in later rounds, for those of us who have won in we also know at some point you need to catch some breaks. I just hope all the teams are at full strength, and safe journeys to the teams that have those long trips. It all comes down to who can win 5 games. Nothing better in the world than practicing on turkey day!

Having done that 4 times, I can say... Amen brother! But its even better to be practicing in December:1:
Kracken Wrote:Danville has the easiest road. Not trying to knock anyone here, but LCA and Somerset are just not the same caliber as MF, DeSales, and CAL.

Would Danville want to swap sides of the bracket with any team in the west?
LCA is.
pjdoug Wrote:LCA is.

Perhaps. I will admit I haven't seen them in person, but watched them several times on film. To my untrained eyes, LCA looked small and a step slow compared to the upper tier of 2A. QB is good and the big RB is amazing. Outside of that, I just didn't see much that would allow them to compete with the big boys of 2a west. They run a good system and have great coaching, so anything is possible.

Just curious, have you actually seen Mayfield, DeSales, or CAL play?
I agree Mayfield is very close. cant wait to see how 2A turns out
2a is a toss up......... did the qb for cal play against desales? also u have lca danville and mayfield... who knows what may happen!