Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Elizabethtown @ 2A Glasgow 10-27-17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn:

3A Elizabethtown 9-1
2A Glasgow 7-2
Elizabethtown 49
Glasgow 20

Elizabethtown At 9-1 just wondering are they a contender this year.......I have know clue :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Elizabethtown 49
Glasgow 20

Elizabethtown At 9-1 just wondering are they a contender this year.......I have know clue :HitWall:

They should be they had most of there starters coming back from last years team that went 10-4 Central beat them in the simi game 21 to 14 I think people’s overlooking them
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:They should be they had most of there starters coming back from last years team that went 10-4 Central beat them in the simi game 21 to 14 I think people’s overlooking them

I think their being overlooked to. E-Town could be very dangerous in a couple of weeks.
Etown by 8. Glasgow has put together an impressive season also.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I think their being overlooked to. E-Town could be very dangerous in a couple of weeks.

I agree man I knew they were going to be pretty good after there run last year
I suspect this game will be scouted by multiple schools.

If Etown cannot win by > two TD's, then playoffs will be interesting.
I'm not saying they are not a good team , but E-town is a little overrated and playing competition like this won't get them ready for the playoffs. They should easily win this game. 42-7 .
Tica has nailed it. If E-town is not semi dominant. 2+ TD win then they will be in for dogfights from the 2nd round on.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Tica has nailed it. If E-town is not semi dominant. 2+ TD win then they will be in for dogfights from the 2nd round on.

I can agree with that
Etown is very good and Glasgow is a good opponent. I think Etown wins by those 2tds . The most dangerous team I've seen is Boyle county, imo, I consider Etown a tick below that.
smoke1015 Wrote:Etown is very good and Glasgow is a good opponent. I think Etown wins by those 2tds . The most dangerous team I've seen is Boyle county, imo, I consider Etown a tick below that.

Going off what they had coming back this year and what I’ve seen on film there a good football team
E-Town could be the sleeper in the 3A. Not much chatter about them, but what I do hear is that they may surprise most people. I'm picking E-Town by 21.
I never considered them a sleeper with what they were returning. I have considered them a top 3 team all along but I think their schedule isn't the best. I will give them this, they have a convincing win over franklin simpson and FS gave Glasgow one of their losses. This just convinces me what I originally thought, E-town needs to dominate Glasgow.
I don’t mean this in anyway other than what it is, but E-town doesn’t get the notoriety on here that they should simply bc hardly any from that area are on this site.

They are loaded. Speed everywhere and they have a young man leading that speed by the name of Jay Becherer. Do yourselves a favor and google/Hudl his highlights.

They went into the CAL game pretty banged up; losing 24-9 after being up 9-0 or 9-6 in the first half.

They dropped 55 points on FS; we all KNOW how good FS is and that they are very likely to be be playing in the state semis if not the state finals in 4A again.

They beat 6A North Hardin 42-7 and they have talent and speed everywhere; finishing 2nd in their 6A district despite playing an absolutely brutal schedule (I don’t care who you are, or what class; outside of the Big 3 and maybe a few others...everybody else would have the same results).

Their toughest game since CAL has been LaRue County where LaRue absolutley dominated the time of possession. LaRue was up 7-6 after the 1st and just down 14-7 at the half (one of E-town’s TDs came on a kick off return). Two of E-towns other score in that game came off very, very short fields (one the only turnover in the game and one with 2:00 left in the game when it was 28-13 and LaRue went for it on their own 10 at 4th Down- not getting it, but doing what everybody would do).

The recipe for beating them is limiting their touches. Plain and simple.

For what it’s worth; going back to LaRue...them and Glasgow scrimmaged at Glasgow this year with LaRue winning by a TD or 2 in a half of play.

The panthers have speed all over the place. Mix that with being extremely well coached; a great kicking game and a fast-physical defense and they are what you get.

They are the 3rd/4th best team along and/or west of I-65 (not including Louisville/Jeff Co)....across all classes.

The only one for sure better is Bowling Green.

E-town, Mayfield, South Warren and Christian County would be a fun 4 team playoff to determine who #2 is I would think.

They are AT WORST the 5th best team in the western half of the state...all classes.
For what it’s worth..I wouldn’t read into this game or any other week 10 game in the least.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Going off what they had coming back this year and what I’ve seen on film there a good football team

Real quick to clarify on Boyle being most dangerous. Not saying they beat Belfry, or even Corbin, but their speed is crazy. You can beat them with power, plus Belfry has their own speed. But overall Boyle is shaping up to be a really tough out. If this comes down to a game it will be one to watch in the whole playoff, maybe.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:I don’t mean this in anyway other than what it is, but E-town doesn’t get the notoriety on here that they should simply bc hardly any from that area are on this site.

They are loaded. Speed everywhere and they have a young man leading that speed by the name of Jay Becherer. Do yourselves a favor and google/Hudl his highlights.

They went into the CAL game pretty banged up; losing 24-9 after being up 9-0 or 9-6 in the first half.

They dropped 55 points on FS; we all KNOW how good FS is and that they are very likely to be be playing in the state semis if not the state finals in 4A again.

They beat 6A North Hardin 42-7 and they have talent and speed everywhere; finishing 2nd in their 6A district despite playing an absolutely brutal schedule (I don’t care who you are, or what class; outside of the Big 3 and maybe a few others...everybody else would have the same results).

Their toughest game since CAL has been LaRue County where LaRue absolutley dominated the time of possession. LaRue was up 7-6 after the 1st and just down 14-7 at the half (one of E-town’s TDs came on a kick off return). Two of E-towns other score in that game came off very, very short fields (one the only turnover in the game and one with 2:00 left in the game when it was 28-13 and LaRue went for it on their own 10 at 4th Down- not getting it, but doing what everybody would do).

The recipe for beating them is limiting their touches. Plain and simple.

For what it’s worth; going back to LaRue...them and Glasgow scrimmaged at Glasgow this year with LaRue winning by a TD or 2 in a half of play.

The panthers have speed all over the place. Mix that with being extremely well coached; a great kicking game and a fast-physical defense and they are what you get.

They are the 3rd/4th best team along and/or west of I-65 (not including Louisville/Jeff Co)....across all classes.

The only one for sure better is Bowling Green.

E-town, Mayfield, South Warren and Christian County would be a fun 4 team playoff to determine who #2 is I would think.

They are AT WORST the 5th best team in the western half of the state...all classes.

In some ways then, from what I've seen, and what you've said, Etown and Boyle are VERY similar. Also both slightly similar to Danville, in terms of talent, if not exactly style.
Etown has flown under the radar. It will be interesting from the second week of the playoffs on.
smoke1015 Wrote:Etown is very good and Glasgow is a good opponent. I think Etown wins by those 2tds . The most dangerous team I've seen is Boyle county, imo, I consider Etown a tick below that.

Glasgow is not a good team. E-town will go to the house to listen to the rest of the playoffs on the radio when they face the top teams.