Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 Oct 23 Class 2A Media Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
School
FPV
Record

1. Danville
10-0

2. DeSales
9-0

3. Mayfield
8-1

4. Lexington Christian
8-1

5. Christian Academy of Louisville
7-2

6. Glasgow
7-2

7. Somerset
6-4

8. Walton-Verona—
7-2

9. Newport Central Catholic
5-4

10. Lloyd Memorial—
7-2

Others receiving votes: Owensboro Catholic 9, Prestonsburg 9, Shelby Valley 3

.http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...35576.html
Can't believe Owensboro Catholic not in the top 10 Confusederiously:
5 very good teams in 2A
Lloyd and NewCath are likely the best after the top 5.
I think DeSales wins 2A this year
Why is New Cath ahead of Lloyd
Throw the polls out the window now. The real season starts in two weeks. Austin Carr is back for CAL, they snuck him in a few series last week. I'm not really surprised. No way they were going to not play him in the playoffs. I still like DeSales at home against CAL. Both of our lines were just better than CAL. We've seen some really good QB's this year. We can really charge hard into the backfield against Carr. He's not a huge running threat, like Wright was a few weeks ago. IF....we are lucky enough to win that one, then we get to travel to Mayfield, where we had our hearts ripped out two years ago. Anyone who was there, I think can agree it was a great atmosphere. Desales really travels well. There was a lot of orange in Mayfield that night, as there will be this year if we are lucky enough to make it. I do think the winner of the game in Mayfield, will win the state championship.
Well said
I'm hoping for a 1990's Danville vs. Mayfield matchup.
Danville awaits one of them in Lexington
Rip/Spin Wrote:I'm hoping for a 1990's Danville vs. Mayfield matchup.

Or 1980’s. :Thumbs:

1987. Danville 24 Mayfield 23 Overtime

1989. Danville 7 Mayfield 3
A Danville supporter asking for a matchup with Mayfield is like going into a fight thinking, "I hope this guy punches me in the mouth". Avoid them like the plague. It's been 14 years since Danville won a state title.
Going into any fight expect to get punched in the mouth, learn how to deal with and win anyway. Danville is very VERY good.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:A Danville supporter asking for a matchup with Mayfield is like going into a fight thinking, "I hope this guy punches me in the mouth". Avoid them like the plague. It's been 14 years since Danville won a state title.

I'm not a Danville supporter, but I sure remember the highly competitive games they use to have and I enjoyed keeping track of what was happening between the two. Why wouldn't any football fan want to see a great game between two great programs?
Caldwell game proves it. Mayfield is ready to punch some mouthes....be careful what you ask for?