Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lcc 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?
Should be a good season for the Cougars! They are really working hard right now!
should go far. good luck
Bryan Dean is the best baseball coach in the 14th, and now he has a great assistant coach in Cavanaugh Trent. LCC should go far this year. Letcher County Board is crazy if they don't start building a field for Dean and his kids. It's one of the few boy teams there that can compete for a regional title every year.
i agree with lionheart92
go cougars
LionHeart92 Wrote:Bryan Dean is the best baseball coach in the 14th, and now he has a great assistant coach in Cavanaugh Trent. LCC should go far this year. Letcher County Board is crazy if they don't start building a field for Dean and his kids. It's one of the few boy teams there that can compete for a regional title every year.

Thank you...

Fully Agree.
i agree with cougarpride07-== good luck cougars
go to state
is skyler sexton playing this year if so how will he do
LionHeart92 Wrote:Bryan Dean is the best baseball coach in the 14th, and now he has a great assistant coach in Cavanaugh Trent. LCC should go far this year. Letcher County Board is crazy if they don't start building a field for Dean and his kids. It's one of the few boy teams there that can compete for a regional title every year.
Here we go again.....WHY? What has he accomplished to make him the best?
they should do good.good luck.
JustTrying Wrote:Here we go again.....WHY? What has he accomplished to make him the best?
I know he has no regional titles YET, but he went to the finals his last 2 years @ Powell and last years Powell Co team was built by Bryan Dean.Yes Chris Varney did a great job coaching them, but if the ground work wasn't laid by Dean they never would have been in position to succeed. Look at the regional draws Dean got the last 2 years @ Powell, he had the toughest draw to get to the finals both years and the other team could save their ace till the finals he could not. He works his butt off, he knows the game, and his teams always show class when on the field. Saying he is the best coach in the 14th is my opinion and I thought that was what this forum was about expressing my opinion. Who do you think is the best?
I head that LCC wasnt going to do any good this year in baseball? Is that true?
Bryan Dean got the Powell County baseball program into a contender and went to three region finals. He does not have the talent or feeder program at LCC but he does get the most out of his teams and that is what makes him very good. Highly aggressive coach.
Tpx_Slugger5 Wrote:I head that LCC wasnt going to do any good this year in baseball? Is that true?

Not True at all. LCC is going to make a lot of noise in the 14th this season.
OK, this is for everyone who doesn't know Powell County or thinks they do... Every coach that has coached at Powell,except one, has taken a powell county team to the finals of the region. And I can promise you that a few of those coaches were not very great coaches. Taking a team to the finals of the region and losing over and over again isn't amazing. Next, last years team wasn't Coach Dean's team. From what I hear, after they lost the in 2005 he told his whole team that was the last chance Powell had to win the region. Well....he was wrong and he chouldn't have won the region last year either. Coach Varney did a great job last year. Being second best doesn't make anyone the best in the region. What happened last year to LCC in the region? Why doesn't the best coach in the region have a baseball field, when they have such a great basketball gym and football field?????
The baseball field isn't anyones' fault but the school board. The Lcc team this year has talent, maybe not as much as Perry,Powell, or Estill, but they can compete with anyone in the region. There not a bad team, play a pretty tough schedule, they should win their weak district. But we'll see how they do, they should be in the top 4 or 5 in anyone ranking.
i completely agree with green
go cougars.
JustTrying Wrote:OK, this is for everyone who doesn't know Powell County or thinks they do... Every coach that has coached at Powell,except one, has taken a powell county team to the finals of the region. And I can promise you that a few of those coaches were not very great coaches. Taking a team to the finals of the region and losing over and over again isn't amazing. Next, last years team wasn't Coach Dean's team. From what I hear, after they lost the in 2005 he told his whole team that was the last chance Powell had to win the region. Well....he was wrong and he chouldn't have won the region last year either. Coach Varney did a great job last year. Being second best doesn't make anyone the best in the region. What happened last year to LCC in the region? Why doesn't the best coach in the region have a baseball field, when they have such a great basketball gym and football field?????

So it's the same taking over a program that for four years (1996-'99) didn't win a regional tournament game or a district title (they were runner-up twice), as taking over a program that had just won three consecutive district titles, and five regional tournament games over the previous three years (2003-'05)?
well, go cougars.
cougarpride07 Wrote:Not True at all. LCC is going to make a lot of noise in the 14th this season.
well i hope so. good luck lcc.
LionHeart92 Wrote:I know he has no regional titles YET, but he went to the finals his last 2 years @ Powell and last years Powell Co team was built by Bryan Dean.Yes Chris Varney did a great job coaching them, but if the ground work wasn't laid by Dean they never would have been in position to succeed. Look at the regional draws Dean got the last 2 years @ Powell, he had the toughest draw to get to the finals both years and the other team could save their ace till the finals he could not. He works his butt off, he knows the game, and his teams always show class when on the field. Saying he is the best coach in the 14th is my opinion and I thought that was what this forum was about expressing my opinion. Who do you think is the best?

Agreed. Dean runs a tough practice and teaches fundamentals while doing it. Dean, in his 6 years at Powell, was in the semis every year and made it to the finals some of those times. And in those times he never had his ace. He has to use his ace, Banjo Spangler in 2005 to get by a TOUGH Leslie County team. I mean how can you win a regional title when you can't throw your ace in the Championship. That' why they're the Ace, for the big games. Then last year, LCC's ace had an injured ankle and could even pitch. They had to throw Collins who was a good closer, so you can't blame Dean for that. He is a GREAT coach, and if you don't think so, then baseball might not be your sport.
JustTrying Wrote:OK, this is for everyone who doesn't know Powell County or thinks they do... Every coach that has coached at Powell,except one, has taken a powell county team to the finals of the region. And I can promise you that a few of those coaches were not very great coaches. Taking a team to the finals of the region and losing over and over again isn't amazing. Next, last years team wasn't Coach Dean's team. From what I hear, after they lost the in 2005 he told his whole team that was the last chance Powell had to win the region. Well....he was wrong and he chouldn't have won the region last year either. Coach Varney did a great job last year. Being second best doesn't make anyone the best in the region. What happened last year to LCC in the region? Why doesn't the best coach in the region have a baseball field, when they have such a great basketball gym and football field?????

Who did Powell have to play to win region? They had to get by Perry Central in the semis and then get by Jimmy Joe Morgan and Leslie in the championship. When you hace 3 of the top teams in the region in one bracket, it wouldn't be hard. Powell just coasted. No wonder they won the big one.
Perry had same draw the year before....if u win it u win it....you cant take the 2006 region championship trophey away from the Pirates!!!!!!
From what i can see Dean runs a really tight ship and i like that in a coach.
The reason the kids have no field is because the school board deemed it more important to pay tons of money for a football field that the team isnt going to win on.

I think LCC will make a decent run but i am not sure that they are ready to make a run at the 14th regional title. But who knows its still early in the season. I have seen what these kids can do. If they keep their head in the game they can make a lot of noise.

As for the comment about the well not being that deep in LCC; that is totally true.
i remember about 8 years back Fleming Neon had about 8 teams in their little league and i am not too sure about Whitesburgs little league. Now the last time i checked FN has dropped down to like 3 or maybe 4 teams. Its the communites fault for not getting the kids interested early in their lives and establishing the fundamentals then. Just my opinions though