Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: U.K. Assistant Coach Marrow Heard Cussing Player After Loss (Video)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To say things didn’t go according to plan for the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday afternoon against Mississippi State would be an understatement.

Coming off a bye week, the Wildcats looked awful in a 45-7 loss to the Bulldogs, and assistant coach Vince Marrow wasn’t happy about it.

As you can hear in the very NSFW video from Kentucky beat writer Joe Mussatto below, Marrow is screaming at someone or something and can be heard over coach Mark Stoops’s postgame press conference:

Kentucky officials said Marrow wasn’t screaming at players in the locker room, but it sure sounds like he was yelling at someone.

The Wildcats host a struggling Tennessee team next weekend, so it’ll be interesting to see if they can get back on track after a promising 5-1 start (now 5-2) to the season.

Link to video below.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/kentuc...room-rant/
I love it. We played terrible and Marrow let them know about it.

This isn't peewee or youth league football. This is SEC football, the best conference in the country. Most of these players have aspirations of playing in the NFL. If they can't handle a coach busting their chops after playing like they've never been on a football field, then they need to leave the team and give up football.
I loved it. Spud posted in another thread that some players were horse playing after the game so they got what they deserved.
Westside Wrote:I loved it. Spud posted in another thread that some players were horse playing after the game so they got what they deserved.

I wish they would specify what they mean by "horse playing" because when i think of that i think of me and my buddies sitting around laughing with one another. If this is the case here after losing the way we did. I'm even more mad about it.
When I watch the video just before Coach Marrow goes off it sounds like some players goofing off. That is at least how it sounds to me.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this Ky team doesn’t win another game..
Maybe it's because stoops doesn't have control of his troops.
Several of them running their mouths on Twitter. I heard a good saying earlier... weak coaches have to ban social media, strong coaches players know better than to run their mouth on social media.
Fits perfectly here I think.
As for the cussing of players, I heard worse in elementary school. This is football. Those are men. I'm sure the libs will not like this...
Waving the BS flag here.

You can clearly hear him say...what the f___ is wrong with you all; you just got your asses handed to you.

Who else is he talking to if it isn't the players?
Also heard players were pointing fingers at each other. So Marrow let them know about it.
They deserve it, this is SEC football, they need to get it together. Good on you Coach Morrow.
Blake Bone made a social media post about how if the Cats passed more we'd be a lot more successful. These guys seem to be very unhappy at the moment. I think he posted it on his Snapchat and Johnson was in the Snapchat video with him when he said that.
It is very apparent that there are issues. I am assuming from the head coach all the way to the water boy.

I've heard a lot of rumors about how Stoops acts in his leisure time. If he doesn't show discipline, he cannot expect it from his players.

JMO
Oh yeah....I think it is HYSTERICAL that you could hear him so clearly during Stoop's press interview!!
Granny Bear Wrote:It is very apparent that there are issues. I am assuming from the head coach all the way to the water boy.

I've heard a lot of rumors about how Stoops acts in his leisure time. If he doesn't show discipline, he cannot expect it from his players.

JMO

He is not acting Like Joker did in his spare time is he?
I don't know what Joker did.
They better be glad they were not playing for Mayfield, we have never tolerated players doing anything other than reflecting on what caused a L. This is big boy football where you are rewarded with a scolly. This should never happen ever. I would love to see those players made an example of
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Maybe it's because stoops doesn't have control of his troops.
Several of them running their mouths on Twitter. I heard a good saying earlier... weak coaches have to ban social media, strong coaches players know better than to run their mouth on social media.
Fits perfectly here I think.
As for the cussing of players, I heard worse in elementary school. This is football. Those are men. I'm sure the libs will not like this...
Libs!?! Really? Can't we leave politics out of anything?
We can; the libs can't!!

Didn't you know that Gut is the biggest liberal this side of the Mississippi??!!
I think coaches need to start getting on to players a little harder than what they do because this stuff happens a lot, especially in high school. Team A gets blown out by Team B and almost immediately some of Team A's players are horse playing, goofing around, talking about what they're gonna do this weekend, etc. etc. their's no room for that, especially if you just got beat.
Who said it was a big deal he was cussing them out? I think they only stopped him because Stoops press conference was going on and it was very loud. Behind closed doors, this is not a big deal.
And you could HEAR him better than you could hear Stoops!!

:lmao:
enknight84 Wrote:Libs!?! Really? Can't we leave politics out of anything?

Touchy touchy. I must've struck a nerve there.
No you didn't strike a nerve. I'm just so tired of the political back and forth I'm constantly hearing on media and social sites. I just thought this is one place I didn't have to hear liberal or conservative. Unless it was about play calling. Lol.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't know what Joker did.

Out drunk all over Lexington all the time. He was with Hartline the night Hartline got busted for DUI. Pastor friend of mine was mentoring to the team. He was told this by one of the staff members. Said Joker needed more counseling than any of the players.
Axel Foley Wrote:Out drunk all over Lexington all the time. He was with Hartline the night Hartline got busted for DUI. Pastor friend of mine was mentoring to the team. He was told this by one of the staff members. Said Joker needed more counseling than any of the players.

So is Stoops also partaking in this level of off-the-field stupidity as well?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:So is Stoops also partaking in this level of off-the-field stupidity as well?

No idea. But, as Granny stated, rumors, and they are rumors, that Stoops likes to have raucous fun, away from the field.
Again...rumors.

You know how lots of college students will work part time jobs to help fund their education, well a certain 22 year old works at one of the golf courses in Lexington. Apparently, Stoops loves his bourbon. No issue there of course, unless it goes into excess. Which it often does.

Now we all know how a middle aged man can act around 22 year old college students, especially cute ones.

Apparently this behavior got way out of hand about a year ago. If what I hear is accurate, he is lucky to still have his job. Mrs. Stoops is nobody's fool either. It was Christmas time before she got back to the blue grass.

Again, I cannot substantiate this, but I sure heard it.
Granny Bear Wrote:Again...rumors.

You know how lots of college students will work part time jobs to help fund their education, well a certain 22 year old works at one of the golf courses in Lexington. Apparently, Stoops loves his bourbon. No issue there of course, unless it goes into excess. Which it often does.

Now we all know how a middle aged man can act around 22 year old college students, especially cute ones.

Apparently this behavior got way out of hand about a year ago. If what I hear is accurate, he is lucky to still have his job. Mrs. Stoops is nobody's fool either. It was Christmas time before she got back to the blue grass.

Again, I cannot substantiate this, but I sure heard it.

You all remember the rumor circulating about Stoops a couple years ago that looked like it was going to cost him his job and maybe more. Like Granny Bear said, rumors, but it does coincide with this rumor.