Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2A Mayfield @ 3A Caldwell County 10-27-17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Mayfield 8-1
Caldwell County 8-1
Mayfield will take this game by a TD. Though Caldwell has had better recent luck against them than any other team, Mayfield will win the trenches.

28-21
This may not be a poplar choice, but I'm going with Caldwell by 3.
Mayfield is the best team in the west..............I think :Hole::Hole::Hole:

Mayfield 49
Caldwell County 21
Mayfield by 20. Mismatch
Mayfield is likely not better than #2 5A Christian County. Not saying that CC would run away from them, but I think CC would win four of five games. Other than that and Caldwell, the west is not the hotspot for good football this year.

Calpreps picks Mayfield over Caldwell by 10.
Tica Wrote:Mayfield is likely not better than #2 5A Christian County. Not saying that CC would run away from them, but I think CC would win four of five games. Other than that and Caldwell, the west is not the hotspot for good football this year.

Mayfield 47 Paducah Tilghman 14
Caldwell County 24 Paducah Tilghman 21
Mayfield 49 Hopkinsville 20
Caldwell County 28 Hopkinsville 21
Mayfield 45 Graves County 31
Caldwell County 27 Graves County 10

Christian County 27 Caldwell County 10
Corbin 20 Mayfield 17

:blondetea Mayfield offense is better than Caldwell and Christian County, Can't believe I'm taking up for mayfield the beast in the west
Mayfield owns the west.
Per Caldwell followers, the closeness of that Tilghman score was an anomaly. They say key defensive players were out that game. Tilghman put up 300+ yards rushing on Caldwell. That would not have happened had Caldwell been at 'full strength' so say the faithful. Graves Co. has had kids hurt and thus the inconsistent play; more competitive some nights than others. I think Christian Co. had an off night at Graves.
Per someone that follows Mayfield more than probably anyone, that's like saying, the closeness of Mayfield/Corbin was because the injuries Mayfield had. For instance, starting RB out, main linebacker only played one half and couldn't use the option qb because of rib injury. He only played wr and CB. Mayfield will absolutely run away with this game.
Caldwell usually plays Mayfield tough at home, not sure what to expect this year, if they play like they did against Christian, Union and Graves it will be close. Mayfield can expose a lot of things teams don't do well and you know they are not going to beat themselves.
Dont bet any money on Christian county being able to beat Mayfield.I dont think they could stay with us for four quarters.
I think Mayfield wins this one decisively. It'll be a game, not some wild mismatch, but I figure Mayfield will nearly double them up, probably a 3 TD difference, Mayfield on top.
Christian Co. wouldn't handle a healthy Mayfield team on either side of the ball. Mayfield by two + TDs on Caldwell.
How many players will be still out friday? I know Mayfield they had at least 3 not play last week trying to heal up, but i would imagine they will be back friday. On the Caldwell/Tilghman game lets give the Blue Tornado some credit for keeping it close. Caldwell had 1 player out of that game, and yes he is their leading tackler, but lets not make it out like Caldwell wins with running clock if he played. I dont know who is saying Caldwell had out key defensive players as in plural, cause its not true. Saying multiple players was out cheapens the fact Tilghman gave them all they wanted, when only 1 was out. Hoptown also gave Caldwell all they wanted with no players out for Caldwell, so sounds like alot of smoke blowing. Graves was without there starting Qb, and played them pretty even outside of the 1st quarter. Caldwell has a good team, and this should be a good game. I agree with the ones that thinks Christian County is alitttle over hyped. They are good, but not head, and shoulders better than everyone way out west like some seem to think. Mayfield, Graves, Hoptown, Caldwell are all on the level of Christian. Caldwell blew that game with Christian, in pretty much the same fashion as Graves did against Caldell. I think Tilghman has the capability of making it a game with Christian even though i expect Christian to win.
Look out for Caldwell next year. They return all 11 on offense, and most of the line, and skill spots on defense. If they can get some to step up in the linebacker spots to fill in fo what they lose there they will go deep next year.
Everyone will be back for MF this Friday. Everyone was able to go last week, but it was Webster County, so they erred on the side of caution.

I expect this to be a close game. CC always plays MF well at home. Historically, the have their senior night before this game and play at an emotionally high level. Most importantly, CC has the ability to exploit MF's Achilles heel, so they will score some points. MF will pull it out, but it won't be a cakewalk.
That CC field has been known to have poor drainage if there has been 'rain.'
I like the Cards by about 14, Caldwell Co is no slough and playing on senior night at their home will make them even more inspired. In reading what TICA and other s have said about Christian, I think Mayfield is better period. I watch Christian play at the Jerry Claborne Bowl, as did a lot of MF fans since we played the night cap. Also looking at their scores all season and they struggle to score despite having some serious offensive weapons. If Christian ever figures that offense out look out but for now I would take Mayfield
Caldwell County 55-14
:drooling:
pjdoug Wrote:Caldwell County 55-14

That's what you call fishing. Not very good bait though.
CS17 Wrote::drooling:

:happytear:

pjdoug working the boards...
Mayfield may well come out flat simply because they've had 3 straight cup cakes and a bye week before that and have rested several players with minor bumps and bruises.. While they were just far superior than there last few opponents, all they had to do was go through the motions and it was going to happen.. CC isn't a team you can just go through the motions on.. You better be ready to play.. If Mayfield gets down a score or 2 early, it could become especially tough, as CC has a formidable D and you won't just move the ball at will against them.. They also have some very good athletes to compete.. In saying that, I still expect the Cards to do what they typically do, come out and take care of business and play their game for 4 qtrs. and see what happens.. That's usually enough and probably will be again... Mayfield 32 Caldwell Co 21
I like Mayfield in this one. But I wouldn't be surprised either way.
A weather forecast with History

The kickoff forecast in Princeton is calling for 40's with heavy rain at times. This is eerie similar to Caldwell's upset win in Princeton in 85 under similar conditions and then it happened again in 09 in Princeton under similar conditions.
Could this be the 3rd time???

I say no 3rd time charm for the Tigers but it does make one think
CC was major underdogs in '09 and '85. '85 team, I believe, had only one or two other wins and '09 CC had about 3 wins. Mayfield won't take this CC team lightly.
You want some real irony. Both those years Mayfield won state. Maybe a loss to Caldwell in the rain will win them another championship. LOL
Ghostofjoey Wrote:You want some real irony. Both those years Mayfield won state. Maybe a loss to Caldwell in the rain will win them another championship. LOL

Actually the 09 Cards were runners up but the 85 team did win it all.
Pages: 1 2