Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central @ Corbin 10-27-17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts and Predictions :pondering:

Corbin 8-1

Biggest wins so far.
Corbin 22 Alcoa TN 21
Corbin 20 Mayfield 17
Corbin 35 Casey County 14

Corbin worst lost.
Beechwood 36 Corbin 29

Knox Central 7-2

Biggest win so far
Knox Central 43 Harlan County 23
Knox Central 31 Rockcastle County 08
Knox Central 34 Franklin County 00

Knox Central worst lost
Danville 52 Knox Central 28
Wayne County 51 Knox Central 28

:blondetea
Corbin by 14
:welcome: to Corbin Knox fans you're about to see the beasts in the east.:howdy::howdy:

Corbin 49
Knox Central 14
This game maybe closer than people think. I don't want to count Knox out like I did last week. Corbin is rolling right now though. Corbin by a TD.
Corbin 42-14 .
Who plays, I’m not sure either team will risk a injury. I know Knox maybe as healthy as they been all year. This May.be a freshman game for at least a half maybe more.
I knew after our game Knox County would be ok. I don't think the QB is still back? Not been in the stats in a couple of weeks. Neither team will risk getting someone hurt.
KC is playing fairly well all year but Corbin is at another level this year. Corbin wins 42-14
Sure hope this game don't get postponed due to resting players. Confusednicker: It want happened on the Corbin sideline :Cheerlead
like to see this game played earlier in the year I wouldn't risk getting my players banged up or hurt but I know both teams will play to win so good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game
In all honesty if I were Haddix I wouldn’t risk it. All this game is, is bragging rights, nothing else. No offense to Knox co. But we have bigger goals than them, not worth the risk to me. Even if we lost, still wouldn’t risk it.
Guarantee you knox will go all out for the win so Corbin better be ready. Knox knows there time in the playoffs is limited.
This is as good of a win as they've got left if they can pull it out
100% true gut. Which is what worries me. Not the win loss aspect but about our boys getting hurt
Hound05 Wrote:100% true gut. Which is what worries me. Not the win loss aspect but about our boys getting hurt

It's a tough situation for a coach to be in.
Obviously you want to win and especially against another team from the tri county, but Corbin is playing for something much bigger here.
Since Knox has gotten healthy they seem to be playing much better and now that they've got a purpose, a win over Corbin is better than nothing.
I'd say haddix will treat it like any other week, expect the players to play, and if they need rest, rest them in the first couple of rounds of the playoffs.
Why would Corbin even schedule a week 10 game if they don't want to risk players getting hurt after beating Casey.

How do you tell a kid they aren't playing because your afraid they will get hurt?
diceman Wrote:Why would Corbin even schedule a week 10 game if they don't want to risk players getting hurt after beating Casey.

How do you tell a kid they aren't playing because your afraid they will get hurt?

Teams that don't schedule 10 games are only possibly hurting themselves in tie breaker situations. Its never a good idea to only schedule 9 games. I don't know why some teams do it.

As for the players getting hurt, its simple strategy to sit players out of meaningless games. It happens in elementary football all the way to the pros.
Its not hard to understand.
This game really is meaningless for both teams. Neither gains anything from a win or loses anything from a loss other than a mark on the record.
All good points. To me it’s lose lose. If you win, oh well you beat a team that’s not even in your class. If you lose, you won’t hear the end of how the panthers brought down the mighty Hounds. Don’t want to even talk about injury factor. Lord willing it’ll be a good clean game.
Hopefully no one gets hurt and people see a good,game.
64SUR Wrote::welcome: to Corbin Knox fans you're about to see the beasts in the east.:howdy::howdy:

Corbin 49
Knox Central 14

Beasts from the East? I think that title has already been taken :Skull03:

This game will be a no contest....starters out by the half.
Good luck to both teams and I pray for an injury free game. Go Redhounds! It's my opinion that Haddix will have his team in better spirits this week. The only way the players will be rested is if they take care of business early and often. He is a competitor, and he expects his team to compete, and play the way they are capable. Hounds by 3 touchdowns.
I work with several people from Knox county and that have kids at KC. According to the way they've been talking this game is more important than any other game this year.
I think this game is exactly what Corbin needs. They were obviously rusty in the Casey county game because they hadn't played more than a half in three weeks. They need the work, and champions aren't afraid to play. I think it's a game with all the starters starting and playing hard. My prediction is hounds by 28.
diceman Wrote:Why would Corbin even schedule a week 10 game if they don't want to risk players getting hurt after beating Casey.

diceman Corbin want rest players unless its a running clock......Marked it down....Knox will surrender before Corbin
I think this could be a good one it depends if Knox has a hang over from last week
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I think this game is exactly what Corbin needs. They were obviously rusty in the Casey county game because they hadn't played more than a half in three weeks. They need the work, and champions aren't afraid to play. I think it's a game with all the starters starting and playing hard. My prediction is hounds by 28.

Possibly a point...Casey starters only played about a full quarter the week before Corbin, guys...We sit our starters too. And with quite a bit easier schedule, our guys have had a lot of watching young guys from the sidelines. On average they probably play just under 3 quarters. McCreary Central was the only game we could have put in JV, but didn't because of how dirty and rough they were playing we didn't want some 14 or 15 year old hurt bad.

I think Knox Central is definitely good enough to keep Corbin sharp into the playoffs, 2 solid back to back games for them.
smoke1015 Wrote:Possibly a point...Casey starters only played about a full quarter the week before Corbin, guys...We sit our starters too. And with quite a bit easier schedule, our guys have had a lot of watching young guys from the sidelines. On average they probably play just under 3 quarters. McCreary Central was the only game we could have put in JV, but didn't because of how dirty and rough they were playing we didn't want some 14 or 15 year old hurt bad.

I think Knox Central is definitely good enough to keep Corbin sharp into the playoffs, 2 solid back to back games for them.

I wasn't trying to discredit Casey County, but if you think you got Corbin's best game you're wrong.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I wasn't trying to discredit Casey County, but if you think you got Corbin's best game you're wrong.

Casey is a good team. And actually a little better than I thought they’d be. But with that said, you’re 100% correct. No where NEAR Corbin’s best. I think we showed up thinking we’d just walk over them like everyone else, and they’re a good team, you can’t do that. Mixed with us not playing our varsity over almost half a game since when?? I think we’ll see them again. Hope we do anyways. Love what casey is doing
:howdy::howdy::howdy: Knox Central they a little red train waiting Confusednicker:
Knox by 14
Hounds by 14
Pages: 1 2