Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (9) Georgetown College 59 Kentucky Christian 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Georgetown College football gave the Homecoming fans all they could want Saturday – punt return touchdown, thrilling catches, interceptions, fumbles and most importantly a 59-0 win over Kentucky Christian University.

The No. 9 Tigers (6-0, 3-0) gave a quick display of what the day would be like when the defense forced the Knights (0-8, 0-3) into a three and out on their first series. On the ensuing punt, Darius Barbour danced his way down the line and around defenders for a 60-yard score to the delight of the near capacity crowd.

"We started out just like I wanted to. We executed well," said GC coach Bill Cronin. "We had a good week off (on our bye week). It helped us rest up not only physically but mentally. I think it refreshed us a little bit."

For the second straight game, Riley Hall played only a half. The sophomore quarterback engineered four scoring drives as he threw for 147 yards and two touchdowns. He ran for two others.

Cronin was able to give time to back-up Reese Ryan, who led GC to three scores – two touchdowns and a field goal. Clay McKee engineered the final score before giving way to Hayden Shelton, who had Georgetown in the shadows of the end zone when it was time to start victory formation.
"I liked the way our guys handled having the week off. We continue to get better," Cronin said. "Every day in practice there's a lot of energy and focus. Guys are still being coached. That's unusual in the middle of the season, so I'm really happy where we're at."

Defensively, this is the first shutout for the Tigers since a 14-0 road win over Bluefield College on Oct. 10, 2015.

KCU managed just 11 first downs and 203 yards of offense. Georgetown had three sacks, forced two fumbles and also had two interceptions.

"Awesome job on defense," Cronin said. "I think our defense is as good as it's ever been. We bend a little bit, but we haven't been breaking much at all."
GC is back on the road Saturday for a 2 pm kickoff against Campbellsville University. These two have not faced since a 28-24 CU win in 2014.

http://www.georgetowncollegeathletics.co...e/2977.php