Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 47 Greenwood 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How bad can Greenwood defense be? HHS scored 0 last week.
Highlands scored zero against Cov Cath. They have done that to a lot of people this year.
Highlands and Cooper only 2 teams not to score on Cov Cath
Highlands has always had smart football IQ kids. The Greenwood Veer offense was giving them issues early. Being down 21 to 10. But the kids figured it out. Kudos to the players. They probably started talking and communicating to each other.
Highlands has had a ton of injuries this year. Many starters were out on Defense at Greenwood game and top offensive threat was out. This defense is better than last year, but they sure need to have all their starters healthy for the playoffs. It was good to see a hard running RB for HHS Friday, I think his name was Wilson, he kept his legs driving and pushed the D backwards on many runs, it has been a long time since I have seen a HHS running back do that.
bo67 Wrote:Highlands and Cooper only 2 teams not to score on Cov Cath

That's misleading. While some games the opposing teams have scored in mop up time...the starting defense for Covington Catholic has proven to shut offenses down COMPLETELY. They have given up some big plays but they are extremely stingy on yardage and points.
This is a good win for the birds and hopefully they can build off of this and finish strong.
I’m well aware of the mop ups. EsArmy said Cov Cath shut out a lot of teams. Not true. Doesn’t matter if they scored on a Cov Cath cheerleaders. They still put points on the board. That’s not a 0
Cov Cath. Defense shut out Lexington Catholics offense who averages 30 points per game (only points scored scored was a safety). Cov Cath's defense averages less than a touchdown and extra point per game (6.8 ppg).
OMG. I just challenged Es Army saying they shut out A LOT of teams. Points are points when you say shutout