Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 5A Playoff Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: DMoxvUfV4AE1nNH.jpg]
Cov Cath, Bowlin Green and Christian County make the top half a lot more formidable
Bottom 1/2 of the bracket is awful... if its not SW and MS in the Semi, something is wrong.
CovCath vs Southwestern in the final with CovCath hoisting the 5A trophy.
I think Doss will have a little to say about that
No one touches Cov Cath, probably will have running clock throughout playoffs.
Fern Creek is my lower bracket sleeper.
I agree about Cov Cath, But not Southwestern. Fern Creek and Doss both have a shot at making the game with Cov Cath
hoghead Wrote:Fern Creek is my lower bracket sleeper.

Sleeper?
Most people had them as the team to beat coming out of the East bracket before they had the abysmal year they've had...
I'm going with cov cath over Madison Southern in the title game.
In the real title game, cov cath squeaks by bowling green in the semis at BG
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I'm going with cov cath over Madison Southern in the title game.
In the real title game, cov cath squeaks by bowling green in the semis at BG

The title game will be an awful blowout game for a championship game. BG is the only team that may prevent a running clock, but I still expect Cov Cath to beat BG by 21.
sstack Wrote:The title game will be an awful blowout game for a championship game. BG is the only team that may prevent a running clock, but I still expect Cov Cath to beat BG by 21.

Bowling Green has not been beaten by 21 points in the last 10 years. I don't think it will happen this year. This year's semifinal game would be at home and the Purples are hitting their stride.
adopted purple Wrote:Bowling Green has not been beaten by 21 points in the last 10 years. I don't think it will happen this year. This year's semifinal game would be at home and the Purples are hitting their stride.

This might be the year, CCH is really good this year, too bad CCH and BG do not meet in champ game.
I don’t think anybody in 5A beats Cov.Cath this year
I believe Bowling Green is the only possible team that has a chance at Cov. Cath. If SW does make it to the title game, BG or Cov Cath. will beat them bad. I like Larry French but the other two teams are just way more talented.
sstack Wrote:The title game will be an awful blowout game for a championship game. BG is the only team that may prevent a running clock, but I still expect Cov Cath to beat BG by 21.

I'm not saying they can't beat BG by 21 but the absolute domination of BG over the past 7 or 8 years would make me think it won't happen. If I had to bet the house on it if have to take Bowling Green and the points on those odds.
One thing I've seen over the years is you never want to underestimate Bowling Green. Covington Catholic may be the favorites but BG is always dangerous.