Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 1A Playoff Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: DMojPpXVoAAtw3S.jpg]
Beechwood against any of 4 teams from the East
Beechwood's side of the bracket is more attractive! Pikeville and Williamsburg in the 2nd round will be a good one!
Pikeville/Hazard 2 will be war
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Beechwood's side of the bracket is more attractive! Pikeville and Williamsburg in the 2nd round will be a good one!

Only if Williamsbjurg can score 40+ on Pikeville.:dontthink
jetpilot Wrote:Only if Williamsbjurg can score 40+ on Pikeville.:dontthink

So your saying it won't be a good game?
My post is only 1 sentence and you don't understand what I'm saying? Lol j/k bird!
jetpilot Wrote:Only if Williamsbjurg can score 40+ on Pikeville.:dontthink

They put 21 on Paintsville!!
That's probably about what they will get vs Pikeville. But their defense is bad right now.
bac2369 Wrote:They put 21 on Paintsville!!

21 more than Pikeville actually
But they'll need 40plus against Pikeville to make it a good game!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:21 more than Pikeville actually
But they'll need 40plus against Pikeville to make it a good game!

Since you are not capable of seeing how a team improves I'm going to give you an example. Paintsville Middle beat Pikeville Middle earlier in the year and Pikeville Middle beat Paintsville at Paintsville 22-0 today to win the region and advance to the state semifinals in Lexington!TongueirateSho

Edit: Pikeville will roll Williamsburg. In my armchair QB opinion.
jetpilot Wrote:Since you are not capable of seeing how a team improves I'm going to give you an example. Paintsville Middle beat Pikeville Middle earlier in the year and Pikeville Middle beat Paintsville at Paintsville 22-0 today to win the region and advance to the state semifinals in Lexington!TongueirateSho

I'm guessing somewhere in this statement there's something to do with Pikeville's high school team.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I'm guessing somewhere in this statement there's something to do with Pikeville's high school team.

Guessing is your specialty.
jetpilot Wrote:Guessing is your specialty.

Just easier to leave all the teaching and explanations up to u with you vast knowledge! Just like last year, Pikeville is the only team that improves from week 0 to week 9! Everyone else stays about the same! Soooo LOOK OUT 1A!!:flame:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Just easier to leave all the teaching and explanations up to u with you vast knowledge! Just like last year, Pikeville is the only team that improves from week 0 to week 9! Everyone else stays about the same! Soooo LOOK OUT 1A!!:flame:

No blue-bird all coaches want their team to improve but with Pikeville it was alittle different. They are mostly sophomores so they had a lot of room to improve more. They are playing a a lot higher level now not saying they can beat Paintsville or Hazard but I think they now at least think they have a chance if it gets to that
Patriot1 Wrote:No blue-bird all coaches want their team to improve but with Pikeville it was alittle different. They are mostly sophomores so they had a lot of room to improve more. They are playing a a lot higher level now not saying they can beat Paintsville or Hazard but I think they now at least think they have a chance if it gets to that

If Pikeville makes it to Lexington, it will have been well earned. Williamsburg, Hazard, Paintsville will be a tough road. Especially with the last two on the road. Paintsville has also improved. Their defense is playing at a very high level. I don't have the stats but Pikeville couldn't have had many total yards versus the Tigers. Probably around 100. Time will tell if they have improved THAT much. Crazier things have happened, hell Ashland just beat the '85 Bears.
2000PHS Wrote:If Pikeville makes it to Lexington, it will have been well earned. Williamsburg, Hazard, Paintsville will be a tough road. Especially with the last two on the road. Paintsville has also improved. Their defense is playing at a very high level. I don't have the stats but Pikeville couldn't have had many total yards versus the Tigers. Probably around 100. Time will tell if they have improved THAT much. Crazier things have happened, hell Ashland just beat the '85 Bears.

If Pikeville get that chance they will have to beat all 3 at their home field.
bac2369 Wrote:If Pikeville get that chance they will have to beat all 3 at their home field.

I may be wrong but every since the Paintsville/Williamsburg game I've felt the jackets would make a GOOD run in the playoffs. All they really need is to tighten up on the defensive side a little. They weren't that far off at the Paintsville game and their offense is plenty capable with one of the better passing games that I've seen in 1A. Should be another great post season in the east, actually one of the most competitive ones across the board than we've seen in a few years!
bac2369 Wrote:If Pikeville get that chance they will have to beat all 3 at their home field.

And just to add a little challenge to it, Williamsburg has a bye first round...
2000PHS Wrote:And just to add a little challenge to it, Williamsburg has a bye first round...

Yep and that extra week this time of year can really come in handy should they have a couple players banged up! They jackets will start off in the 2nd round hosting the winner of the Panthers and The Green Dragons, which we fully expect Pikeville to be making the trip to Williamsburg.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Yep and that extra week this time of year can really come in handy should they have a couple players banged up! They jackets will start off in the 2nd round hosting the winner of the Panthers and The Green Dragons, which we fully expect Pikeville to be making the trip to Williamsburg.

That is true. But don't count those green dragons out.
bac2369 Wrote:That is true. But don't count those green dragons out.

Historically Harlan has surprised Pikeville a time or two, but I don't think they are in the same league this year. Pikeville survives to rematch Hazard. Williamsburg may be able to keep to competitive but that might not be a terrible thing for Pikeville especially if they are trying to get their new/old QB reps.
Elite 8:

Crittenden v. Campbellsville
KCD v. Beechwood
Paintsville v. Raceland
Williamsburg v. Hazard
Is this clearcut a Beechwood championship or are their legit challengers? I was rooting for Williamsburg a couple of years ago, have friends that live down there.
bac2369 Wrote:That is true. But don't count those green dragons out.

Or Pineville!TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Or Pineville!TongueirateSho

Nope you can't.
Anyone think Phelps upsets Lynn Camp?
bac2369 Wrote:Anyone think Phelps upsets Lynn Camp?
Truthfully, they’re due. And it really can’t be considered an upset, Phelps has improved quite a bit. But I can see where it will be an upset if they win, given their prior lack of success.
Bishop Brossart and Raceland could be interesting. I remember when these two met up last year it was a physical game that got chippy at times.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Bishop Brossart and Raceland could be interesting. I remember when these two met up last year it was a physical game that got chippy at times.

Brossart had a pretty good team last year. I don't think they are as good as last year but you never know.
Pages: 1 2