Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Russell 10/27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoughts?
I think Raceland wins by 3 or 4 td's. But I hope Russell proves me wrong.
I think Raceland rebounds and wins 35 to 7
As long as the RAMS are healthy and focused, they should win this game.
This one will be closer than most people think. Russell's playoff hopes look dim and they probably know that. This is a big game for Russell simply because it will be a matter of pride. On paper Raceland should be favored to win but if Raceland comes in thinking they will walk over Russell than we will be leaving Flatwoods very disappointed. This one really comes down to how focused Raceland is and if they want it more than Russell.
I need Russell to win this game for my pick'em :Cheerlead

Russell 28
Raceland 21
Raceland by 16
Rams 42
Russell 28
Rams win by 12. Russell has let me down this season. What's going on over there?
bac2369 Wrote:Rams win by 12. Russell has let me down this season. What's going on over there?

It may have something to do with :popcorn:

Ashland 8-2
Fleming County 8-1
Greenup 6-4
I hope that the Rams come out and play hard after they seen where their season will end yet again this season....in Paintsville!! If they make it that far!! I think Raceland is a much better Russell but that means nothing because they were the better team last year as well..

Russell 22
Rams 18
Throw the records out the window in this one!
Be great if the Rams came out in the old Wishbone and the Devils in the Wing-T and just went flat at it.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Be great if the Rams came out in the old Wishbone and the Devils in the Wing-T and just went flat at it.

From a defensive standpoint, which style offense would you rather try and defend? I want to say the option. Only because we never beat the CK Wonders when they ran the wing-t, but we did beat the Kitty Cats when they ran the option.
If the refs come out and high five the Rams players during warmups, I look for a Ram win :1:
bac2369 Wrote:Rams win by 12. Russell has let me down this season. What's going on over there?

Maynard’s fantastic offense and soft scheme.
Rams by 3 tds...
TigerBlues Wrote:If the refs come out and high five the Rams players during warmups, I look for a Ram win :1:

I see what you did there but this is an away game so I doubt it lol
I look for Raceland to win. From what I have seen they are the more physical of the 2. But nothing would suprise me the rest of the season for my Rams.

Rams 28
Evils 14
TigerBlues Wrote:If the refs come out and high five the Rams players during warmups, I look for a Ram win :1:

Heck, we can't get them to do it in our own area, let alone anywhere else we go.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I see what you did there but this is an away game so I doubt it lol

Stay in the Paintsville thread where there are no rules
The one that I closed??
I got to go with Raceland in this one
Raceland has the better team and has faced a more challenging schedule. Rams can actually execute their scheme where Russell cannot against a team that has any clue on defense. Russell’s spread will play into Raceland strengths on defense since Maynard won’t go under center and run at people.

I hope all the seniors get to play Friday for Russell! In the past under Ivan this was never a doubt but in the present with this tyrannical dictator tarnishing what Ivan built, seniors playing at least ONE PLAY on senior night doesnt always happen. A true shame if you ask me!

Steve Dodd didn’t play kids on senior night in basketball. I think he end up getting run out of Flatwoods on a stick!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Raceland has the better team and has faced a more challenging schedule. Rams can actually execute their scheme where Russell cannot against a team that has any clue on defense. Russell’s spread will play into Raceland strengths on defense since Maynard won’t go under center and run at people.

I hope all the seniors get to play Friday for Russell! In the past under Ivan this was never a doubt but in the present with this tyrannical dictator tarnishing what Ivan built, seniors playing at least ONE PLAY on senior night doesnt always happen. A true shame if you ask me!

Steve Dodd didn’t play kids on senior night in basketball. I think he end up getting run out of Flatwoods on a stick!
They are playing to win a football game not to make all the mommys and daddys in the stands happy. If you're not good enough to even be on special teams its probably a risk having you out there.
The Rams will roll
FootballGuy Wrote:They are playing to win a football game not to make all the mommys and daddys in the stands happy. If you're not good enough to even be on special teams its probably a risk having you out there.

Shame on you!! Then tell me how Ivan managed to do it successfully for over 3 DECADES!! that’s just another excuse from a drunk kool aid drinker.... hard work commitment dedication and being a team player are valuable life lessons learned in football. What are we teaching kids when we don’t reward them for this on their night? I have coached myself and as a coach your are more than just a coach. The young men I coached I loved like my own and I wanted to leave them with something more than just wins and losses. I wanted to make them better people and prepare them for life after football.

Mr. Football you are truly clueless as to the real value of high school athletics. Your opinion is completely irrelevant!
Hail Ivan and the old regime who stood for more than just wins and losses!
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Shame on you!! Then tell me how Ivan managed to do it successfully for over 3 DECADES!! that’s just another excuse from a drunk kool aid drinker.... hard work commitment dedication and being a team player are valuable life lessons learned in football. What are we teaching kids when we don’t reward them for this on their night? I have coached myself and as a coach your are more than just a coach. The young men I coached I loved like my own and I wanted to leave them with something more than just wins and losses. I wanted to make them better people and prepare them for life after football.

Mr. Football you are truly clueless as to the real value of high school athletics. Your opinion is completely irrelevant!

And everyone gets a trophy
Cant we all just get along
Pages: 1 2 3