Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Blazer 21 Johnson Central 18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
david5164 Wrote:Big win for Ashland tonight at Home vs. JC. I don't understand these teams that don't play for the old fashion 1 point extra point kick. Paintsville did the same thing tonight at home vs. Raceland and made 1 out of 5 2-point conversion winning 32-18. Johnson Central did the same thing and if they go for the kick extra point the game is tied 21-21 if they make the 3 extra points. Then when they drove down to 15 at end of game JC could have went for a game winning 30-32 yard FG. Whose to say that JC makes all 3 extra points and also game ending 30 yard FG but still could have went to OT if making the 3 extra points. I just don't understand these teams like JC and Paintsville that score 40 or more points per game and continue to go for 2-point conversions instead of extra point kick. I don't know maybe JC and Paintsville both have horrible kickers and the Head Coach feels more comfortable going for the 2-point conversions but it in the end it can hurt a team and especially a team that is undefeated at 8-0 and had no business losing this game tonight. That is not taking anything away from Ashland tonight because they did play a great game. I just feel teams should go for the old fashion extra point kick.

Paintsville's kicker was out. I can't speak for JC other than they might feel the goal posts are a little closer together at Ashland...
david5164 Wrote:Big win for Ashland tonight at Home vs. JC. I don't understand these teams that don't play for the old fashion 1 point extra point kick. Paintsville did the same thing tonight at home vs. Raceland and made 1 out of 5 2-point conversion winning 32-18. Johnson Central did the same thing and if they go for the kick extra point the game is tied 21-21 if they make the 3 extra points. Then when they drove down to 15 at end of game JC could have went for a game winning 30-32 yard FG. Whose to say that JC makes all 3 extra points and also game ending 30 yard FG but still could have went to OT if making the 3 extra points. I just don't understand these teams like JC and Paintsville that score 40 or more points per game and continue to go for 2-point conversions instead of extra point kick. I don't know maybe JC and Paintsville both have horrible kickers and the Head Coach feels more comfortable going for the 2-point conversions but it in the end it can hurt a team and especially a team that is undefeated at 8-0 and had no business losing this game tonight. That is not taking anything away from Ashland tonight because they did play a great game. I just feel teams should go for the old fashion extra point kick.

I watched a JV game a couple of weeks ago where the opposing team would not even punt the ball, when they “punt” refs would just back it up 30 yards like in JFL. Their coach said they don’t practice special teams. Wait a minute...what?? How can you not practice special teams. It’s a big part of the game.
And just so I’m clear, the team I’m talking about is neither Ashland nor JC.
mightydog Wrote:Putnam stadium Granny

My apologies mightydog. I fixed it!!

I was posting too quickly last night and even messed up in the Harlan County thread. I called us Black Bear Stadium. I'll need to fix that too.

Getting old.

Wink
Ashland opened some eyes tonight. It should be same bat channel, same bat place in regional finals. Can the Ghosts of Putnam raise their ugly heads one more time this year?
congrats to coach tony love. he basically sealed his job up for another few years. scrappy likes greens and beans with his crow
E's Army Wrote:Ashland opened some eyes tonight. It should be same bat channel, same bat place in regional finals. Can the Ghosts of Putnam raise their ugly heads one more time this year?

It’s hard to beat a good team twice but we’ll see
Its also easy to lose to Ashland at Putnam twice
What is the aberration Harlan or JC. I lean towards Harlan County being the outlier. It was the first game of the year.
E's Army Wrote:What is the aberration Harlan or JC. I lean towards Harlan County being the outlier. It was the first game of the year.

I'm not sure I believe in ghosts.:devilflam
With the Ashland/ Raceland and the Ashland / Greenup games being as close as they were I did not see this one going this way.
E's Army Wrote:What is the aberration Harlan or JC. I lean towards Harlan County being the outlier. It was the first game of the year.

Ashland since Hart was there is notoriously bad to start out the season. They have lost many games early over the past 15-20 years they had no business losing too. So I personally think Ashland would crush Harlan if they played again right now.
Of course you do!!
Confusednicker:
PHSForever Wrote:I’m just here waiting for the comments to take off. Lol

Huh?
Save some of that crow for me! I called a running clock, I never really believed it would be though. I'm just a super homer!
ekywildcat Wrote:Save some of that crow for me! I called a running clock, I never really believed it would be though. I'm just a super homer!

You're not the only one. I would have bet the farm on this one, and lost it! This is why I love high school football.
Snow Wrote:Huh?
Typically JC and Ashland threads get chippy. Was just reading for entertainment and made a comment about it is all. Sort or like Raceland and Paintsvillle or Pikeville and Belfry threads. They’re sometimes more entertaining than games.
PHSForever Wrote:Typically JC and Ashland threads get chippy. Was just reading for entertainment and made a comment about it is all. Sort or like Raceland and Paintsvillle or Pikeville and Belfry threads. They’re sometimes more entertaining than games.

Your right! Figured this one woulda been chocked full of entertainment! TongueirateSho
I despise Ashlands coaching staff, but I know a lot of the kids on their team are great kids. I only basically post on here to give them crap, and yea I'm always gonna pick Johnson Central to put a running clock on em. But truth of the matter is Ashland beating anyone isn't an upset, they have an awesome program always have and always will. Wouldn't surprise me to see em holding up the trophy in Lexington, but I really really hope not.
OK all joke aside and I did not read all post... but is this score right?
FBfan4life Wrote:OK all joke aside and I did not read all post... but is this score right?

Yes.

JC scored 3 TD's... went for 2 each time and couldn't convert.
Ashland scored 3 TD's made all 3 XP's.

21-18
nekysportsfan Wrote:After years of Bob Seger's incessant rants on here about Not-So-BadCat, it looks like the Tomcats finally "turned the page" by going "against the wind" and standing up to the state champs "like a rock", making the Putnam Stadium faithful feeling like dancing and listening to some "old time rock-n-roll". Looks like BadCat must have gotten his mojo back. I'm sure Seger will post about how the mighty Eagles will come back and beat Ashland in a few weeks, but I'm sure the Tomcats and BadCat would just tell him "who needs tomorrow...we've got tonight".

lol....Here I've been stuck in Katmandu all week without the internet and now when I get back to the Motor City, I suddenly woke up to the sound of thunder, and this is what I see?

Gee Golly, sportsfan, you take this stuff pretty dang serious, don't you? Confusednicker: Closet ASH-land super fan in drag? Personally I think you've been spending too much time in the pool halls with the hustlers and the losers? Just trying to lose those awkward teenage blues? Maybe you're just [I]trying to make some front page drive-in news?
[/I]
Anyways, I suggest a box of prunes will get you back on track......And if that doesn't work, perhaps Alto Reed can put you out of your misery with a Silver Bullet.

Eagles will be fine, and with all the marbles on the line in the next meeting, you loyal Tomcat fans will still be able to Watch Them Strut.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....Here I've been stuck in Katmandu all week without the internet and now when I get back to the Motor City, this is what I see?

Gee Golly, sportsfan, you take this stuff pretty dang serious, don't you? Confusednicker: Closet ASH-land super fan in drag? Personally I think you've been spending too much time in the pool halls with the hustlers and the losers?

I suggest a box of prunes will get you back on track......And if that doesn't work, perhaps Alto Reed can put you out of your misery with a Silver Bullet.

Eagles will be fine, and with all the marbles on the line in the next meeting, you loyal Tomcat fans will still be able to Watch Them Strut.

Good post Seger...Honestly, I just wish BadCat were still around so you 2 could go back and forth...that was some entertaining stuff...the rivalry got so one-sided, though, that he disappeared...now Ashland wins again and he’s nowhere to be found...I had to get a jab in, but your comeback was excellent.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Good post Seger...Honestly, I just wish BadCat were still around so you 2 could go back and forth...that was some entertaining stuff...the rivalry got so one-sided, though, that he disappeared...now Ashland wins again and he’s nowhere to be found...I had to get a jab in, but your comeback was excellent.

Thank ya, thank ya very much.

:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3