Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: San Diego 56 Morehead State 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SAN DIEGO, Calif. – Host San Diego scored on all seven of its drives in the opening half and never looked back in defeating the Morehead State football team 56-27 on a sunny Saturday in California.

The Eagles fell to 2-5 overall and 1-3 in the PFL.

"We need to come out with more fire and urgency," said head coach Rob Tenyer. "We did some nice things in the second half and I was proud of the fact that we continued to battle."

The Toreros rushed for 326 yards, led by running back Emilio Martinez's 139 yards and three touchdowns.

The Eagles did score on a four-yard run by freshman running back Logan Holbrook with 13:13 left in the second quarter.

Morehead State added a 27-yard TD toss from junior quarterback Lawson Page to freshman Landon Hurst with 6:50 remaining in the third period. The Eagles then added a 14-yard score from Page to senior wide receiver Christian Robinson. Senior QB Jack Sherry connected with freshman Sugar Ray Wyche on a 17-yard score with 1:34 left in the game.

Junior wideout Jarin Higginbotham registered 126 yards on 10 catches, his fourth 100-yard game in 2017. Page finished 26-of-42 for a career-best 330 yards. Robinson hauled in eight balls for 107 yards.

http://www.msueagles.com/news/2017/10/14...diego.aspx
The Eagles road woes continue. San Diego simply dominated the first half. The MSU run defense is just not very good right now. I witnessed text book blocking by the Toreros on numerous occasions.

The second half showed SOLID improvement by MSU but it was too little to late. It would be great to see this team muster a few more wins before the season ends. They host Stetson for Homecoming on Saturday. I'm just not too sure what team is going to show up. The team that beat Dayton or the one that turned the ball over 6 times against Butler.