Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A District 7 & 8 Pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breathitt and Morgan are 3-1....Powell is 4-0

If Morgan beats Powell that puts both Morgan and Powell at 4-1, if Breathitt beats Magoffin then it will make it a 3-way tie for 1st place with Breathitt, Morgan and Powell all being 4-1 and Morgan is the only team that has an out of district win so they could still end up getting the 1 seed and home field advantage.

Estill and Knott are fighting for 4th place and a playoff berth but a trip to Corbin or Casey County is in one of those two teams future.

Looks like Jackson County and Bell will be fighting for the 4th team in district 8th. If Jackson beats bell, I think it still goes to Bell as the 3rd seed and Jackson 4th because Bell has more out of district wins than Jackson does.

Corbin and Casey County are fighting for 1st place and the district championship. Both are 3-0 in their district.

So it could go something like this;

(4) Estill/Knott at (1) Corbin/Casey
(3) Morgan/Powell/Breathitt at (2) Corbin/Casey
(2) Morgan/Powell/Breathitt (home) vs. (3) Bell/Jackson
(1) Morgan/Powell/Breathitt (home) vs (4) Bell/Jackson

Next Friday will determine everything!
None of these teams can beat Corbin or Casey County.
E's Army Wrote:None of these teams can beat Corbin or Casey County.

Or Bell County. I know they are not as good as they have been but they are still a couple tds better than anyone in Breathitt's district.
Powell will win the district and be the only team to advance in the 1st round
I agree completely! Corbin will be the 1 seed unless a pretty big upset happens with Casey on Friday night. I like what Casey is doing but they are not up to Corbin's level in my opinion.
Rip/Spin Wrote:I agree completely! Corbin will be the 1 seed unless a pretty big upset happens with Casey on Friday night. I like what Casey is doing but they are not up to Corbin's level in my opinion.
The rebels have made monumental leaps, but even if they started running at the same speed as Corbin, they started the race a couple miles behind. No shade towards Casey co. but it’s gonna be a one horse race for the foreseeable future.
Hound05 Wrote:The rebels have made monumental leaps, but even if they started running at the same speed as Corbin, they started the race a couple miles behind. No shade towards Casey co. but it’s gonna be a one horse race for the foreseeable future.

I don't want to get ran out of town, but I tend to agree with you, and like the analogy. Corbin has been great, to solid for a long time, never bad. Casey has been very average, to bad, for a good while, before finally becoming solid. I think how you put it hit the nail on the head.
I am actually very happy for casey though. You guys should be very proud for the improvements the currents coaches have brought and the mentality instilled there. I can remember playing them over a decade ago and there might have been 40 people in the Stands at casey co. Now you fill our stands for a home game at corbin. Your current coach has laid a good foundation for the future to build upon. Good things are coming your way. Casey co. Becoming a good team only helps us, and obviously you in the long run. I can see our #1/#2 seeds making some noise in the playoffs in the next couple of years. Good luck