Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reinhardt 53 The Cumberlands 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Ugly day for the Patriots
Wonder how long it will be before they start calling haddix. I know it's coming. Don't know how interested he will be.
I still don't know how this guy got the job anyways
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wonder how long it will be before they start calling haddix. I know it's coming. Don't know how interested he will be.
I still don't know how this guy got the job anyways

I heard him say on his coach's show his dream was to coach college football. That could be a foot in the door for him.
Waleska, GA – UC Football carried their 4-1 overall record into University Stadium at Ken White Field on Saturday as they would take on the NAIA third-ranked Eagles of Reinhardt University. Both teams entered the contest at 1-0 in MSC Appalachian Division play looking to get the edge up on the rest of the field in the division. Reinhardt advanced to the NAIA National Semifinals last season and looked to keep on pace to do so this year. The Eagles proved their #3 ranking in a 53-7 win over the Patriots, moving their record to 5-0 overall while UC falls to 4-2 overall on the season and 1-1 in MSC Appalachian Division play.

The Patriots and Eagles would trade possessions to start the game before RU would put together a 15-play drive that saw Quannie Green find the end zone on a one yard run. The two-point conversion was successful, giving the Eagles an 8-0 lead heading to the second quarter. It was in the second quarter where Reinhardt truly pulled away, scoring on four of their five possessions to lead the Patriots at halftime 36-0.

UC's defense stepped up big early on in the third, but the Patriots would be plagued by the turnover bug in the second half, beginning in the third quarter where they would have possessions ended by a lost fumble and an interception. Reinhardt would find the end zone late in the third on a four yard TD run by Montralius Mosely, his second TD run of the game, to give the Eagles a 43-0 lead entering the fourth.

Both teams would go deep to their benches in the fourth as UC's turnover woes would continue. The Patriots' Cole Maupin would throw an interception early in the fourth before Billy Hall, the Eagles' second-string QB, would connect with Ronnie Chambliss for a 44 yard TD pass. The PAT was good, extending the RU lead to 50-0. UC's Blake Meadors would come in at quarterback and have his presence known quickly, finding Xavier Bryant-Long deep down the sideline for a 73 yard TD pass, but an offensive penalty would nullify the play. The very next play, Meadors would throw an interception, giving Reinhardt their fifth takeaway of the contest.

Nick Marquez would add a 20 yard field goal for Reinhardt with 8:49 to play in the game, giving them a 53-0 lead. After trading possessions, UC found their way onto the scoreboard with a TD pass from Blake Meadors to Devonte Miles from five yards out. Joe Rose's PAT was good, making it 53-7, the eventual final score.

UC would tally just 137 yards of offense in the game while the Eagles countered with 506 yards in the game. The Patriots had a hard time in the contest, converting just 3 of 16 on third down conversions in the loss. Full stats are available online.

UC returns to the friendly confines of James H. Taylor, II Stadium on Saturday, October 14th as they host the University of Pikeville for another big MSC Appalachian Division matchup. Kickoff is set for 7 pm.

The 2017 Patriot Football season is brought to you by Holston Gases, the official presenting corporate partner for UC Football.

http://www.cumberlandspatriots.com/news/...hardt.aspx