Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky-Missouri updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky forces an early turnover, Johnson hits Bone on a nice throw and catch, 7-0 early, good start. And if you are watching the SEC Network, they have apparently hired Miley Cyrus as their sideline reporter for this one. Who knew?
Not a bad first quarter, up 10-0, but man we're getting way too many guys banged up.
Playing well but this wildcat formation this years ain't cutting it. If you can't gain a yard on 3rd down on Missouri, it may be time to rethink it Confusednicker:
Yeah agreed. Glad to see Benny break that long one, been struggling a little here lately.
I would be okay with stoops never using the wildcat again. When it's 3rd and one everybody knows Snell is going to send the slot in motion, fake it to him, then hesitate, and find a hole. It never freaking works.

Not too bad of a game. Missouri is awful. I'm not liking these blown coverages with streaking receivers. All they're doing is delaying then breaking free once the coverage is tight and protection is holding.
Overall our defense has played well most of year, but we do seem to COMPLETELY blow at least one coverage every game. And would someone on the U.K. sideline PLEASE tell young Mr. Bowden that when he doesn't field a punt to just get the hell away from it? Runs right to it, One of those is gonna take a sideways bounce and hit him for a turnover in a crucial spot.
Yeah these big plays they give up is why they have the one loss. It always seems like they give up one or two per game
You beat me too it, but agree with both points
Up to 2 now on the blown coverages. This is where the injuries piling up are starting to show, that was a backup to Westry that got burned.
I thought our defensive secondary was supposed to be our strength?
Once again stoops and co. Give up an easy score.

This is why I've wanted stoops gone since day 1.
I feel like if he's there 10 years from now, these same stupid mistakes will continue to happen.
Van Hagar Wrote:Up to 2 now on the blown coverages. This is where the injuries piling up are starting to show, that was a backup to Westry that got burned.

That safety should have been over the top on that one.
Blown coverage again. They know that's a backup
Those are what kills me. This is Missouri, even KY should be killing them. Two weeks straight we are making it look hard, and making them look like highly ranked teams
Coaching leads to playing down against lesser teams. The top teams in the country win these type of games by 40. UK just can't blow anybody out.
Not at all. Makes no sense
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That safety should have been over the top on that one.
Blown coverage again. They know that's a backup
Agreed, I was just meaning if Westry had been on the field don't think the guy would have just run by him. Last week I was ok with just getting a W coming off the Florida fiasco. This week though, if we are anywhere close to the real deal we need to drop the hammer on this sorry outfit. Decent qb and not much else. At Georgia looks like the only game on the back half of the schedule that's not winnable, but we have got to get better or a golden opportunity for a big year is gonna slip by.
Agreed 100% van Hagar.
Not having Westry is killing us
This is ridiculous. Surely we have one person that can cover someone.
Apparently not
Our secondary couldn't cover a corpse
If Johnson could throw an accurate pass 2 out of 10 times then UK would be up 40
Well that's some progress. Normally after the officials blew one that should have gone our way, like the missed offsides, we would have turned it over on the next play instead of hitting a big play.
Looks like I spoke too soon. A linebacker on a speedy slot receiver? Jeez we may not win this game.
I'm not sure Stoops can win a close one
Nooooooo....are we gonna lose 41-40?
Stupid
98 yards under 2 minutes. Touchdown beats you up 3 or 6
The field goal was virtually useless. Have some balls and go for the throat.
Stoops has no clue how to win a close one. Maybe Missouri can save him
If we blow this one, we might not go 6-6.
I hope for this last play we do something new, like have 11 guys on the field.
Pages: 1 2