Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tears Shed, Prayers Answered At The Free Throw Line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A recent high school basketball game in Northern Kentucky turned into a life lesson for all who saw it.
Josh Neace was in church this morning giving thanks for an answered prayer. Josh has cerebral palsy. He's the manager for the Silver Grove HIgh School Basketball team, but he would rather be a player.
Josh got to live out his dreams in Silver Grove's final home game of the season.
if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write('');if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']){ document.write(plpm['Mid-Story Ad']);} else { if(self['plurp'] && plurp['97']){} else {document.write(''); } }if (self['plpm'] && plpm['Mid-Story Ad']) document.write(''); With his team beating Heritage Academy by more than 40 points, Coach Tony Bacigalupo put Josh in to shoot free throws for an injured player. That's when Heritage Academy coach Steve Offutt gave his point guard some special instructions. Offutt told the player to commit a lane violation if Josh missed his first free throw. The coach instructed him to keep doing that until Josh made a basket.
Four missed free throws and four lane violations later, Josh got the proverbial shooter's bounce. Players, coaches and fans from both sides shed tears of joy.
Later, the losing coach was invited to be the guest speaker at the First Baptist Church of Silver Grove where Josh's dad is the pastor.
In his message Offut said," I believe all of this for the Silver Grove team, for Josh, four our team, was just a divine appointment. The key to being successful in life is trusting God and loving people, and that was the best moment in my career.
He took what could have been a negative moment and turned it into a positive. Everybody was a winner that night."
I read this on the WKYT website, Very cool for both coaches to do this.
Helps us all to remember that sports aren't the most important thing in life.
We should all be glad our kids are able to play the game of basketball. They are under so much pressure,and should just get out there and have fun!! I feel selfish sometimes when I get so down when we lose. We should just be thankful to God our kids are blessed to be on the floor and able to play. :AngelPray
Wow, just reading this made me want to tear up. I cant imagine being there. This was great. I wish that teams could function like this more often, and learn to have fun, instead of getting mad at their opposers. All players, coaches and fans want the same thing....to win, and if we could all remember this and that everyone is human, things would go much smoother. Its sad how selfish things can get. Thank God that some people have the talent to do the things that they do. And thank God for those who don't have the talent but make us realize what is important!!!
HA was in Belfrys tournament earlier thsi year, and they are nothing but a class act program.
OffTheHook Wrote:Helps us all to remember that sports aren't the most important thing in life.
aint that the truth
Great story. Impressed with this program
Awesome!!!!!
Very touching!