Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey 35 Mcreary central 18 at the half.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can't lie Mcreary central playing well. They have talent like crazy. Casey playing bad on defense but still...
McCreary can score. Got to improve on D
E's Army Wrote:McCreary can score. Got to improve on D
They are beating us up on d, but not stopping us. Always been that way it seems
Reffing has been... spotty at best, on rough junk
63-30 Casey late in 4th
If this is the best Casey can do I'll take Corbin in a running clock on them
70-30 Casey 2:45 to go. Not happy about our defensive effort.
Does McCreary even practice defense. Seems like they give up 60 or 70 every week
This is very troublesome :popcorn:
insideinfo Wrote:Does McCreary even practice defense. Seems like they give up 60 or 70 every week

We don't play a lick of Def. We cannot tackle anyone.:truestory:
64SUR Wrote:This is very troublesome :popcorn:

Hard to watch.:redboxer::redboxer:
Got to play both sides of the ball.
Is lack of discipline/coaching or talent? I didn’t get to watch them play the Hounds last week
Oh Wrangler!! Can you shed some light on this?
Hound05 Wrote:Is lack of discipline/coaching or talent? I didn’t get to watch them play the Hounds last week

NOT lack of talent. But I think lack of "playing smart", which has to go to coaching. I am a boxing guy, first. So analogies, McCreary on defense is like a power punching boxer with a glass chin. They only care or want to get their licks in, even if you counter them and knock them out in the end. As in they are coming to take your head off, miss totally, or glancing shot, 1 out of 5 times they hit you big. They don't care you go (it seems to me), for a 50 yard TD, as long as at some point in the game they make that one big, POP, on the offensive guy. No other way to explain it to me, on their defense. They have the stinken players. Fast, physical, very strong and obviously on a very good weight lifting program...They weren't super special on offense, just our fall break in Casey...been off a week of school.
Unbeaten55 Wrote:If this is the best Casey can do I'll take Corbin in a running clock on them

Put the running clock on Bell next week. If you do, I'll start worrying. I ain't gonna lie, our defense was not good tonight.
smoke1015 Wrote:Put the running clock on Bell next week. If you do, I'll start worrying. I ain't gonna lie, our defense was not good tonight.

Ok challenge accepted.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ok challenge accepted.

They have improved some, no doubt about that. Your defense has improved to maybe top 5 in state...Running clock...I don't know. Hilton will blow his top if so.
smoke1015 Wrote:They have improved some, no doubt about that. Your defense has improved to maybe top 5 in state...Running clock...I don't know. Hilton will blow his top if so.

I just hope Haddix wants to give Dudley a taste of what he was so well known for doing. Running it up a bit😁
insideinfo Wrote:Does McCreary even practice defense. Seems like they give up 60 or 70 every week

R u seriously asking that question? I hope it's rhetorical.
I think that the coaches have got these kids so freaked out by talking the opposing team up that there kids are honestly freaked out. During the corbin game numurious players from mccreary told kids from corbin to take it easy on them, they had to use three timeouts in the first 2 minutes and 45 seconds. Mccreary has some real good ball players, that running back they have is as hard noised as any other, these kids don't need to be made to think there over matched, build there confidence and make them think they deserve to be there as much as a kid from belfry or corbin. Don't have them thinking they are beat before they get on the bus, do this and your kids will play with some fire. This is just my opinion from what some kids told me after the corbin game.
The defense for MC is terrible..The coaches have not made any changes from game one. Either they don't know what to do or it's laziness..If your not prepared your nothing!! That is the coaches responsibility..
kats4life Wrote:The defense for MC is terrible..The coaches have not made any changes from game one. Either they don't know what to do or it's laziness..If your not prepared your nothing!! That is the coaches responsibility..

A lot of kids on that team that could play at the next level. Coaching, yes. But also discipline. You can play hard nosed football, great. But as a parent if I have any knowledge of this game, coaches or not, I'm making sure my kid is ready to play smart, to hustle to the ball and not just whiff and give up, and don't make any stupid mistakes that cost the team. Coaching should be hammering that, parents should be hammering it at home. Football is physical, but trying to hit someone as hard as you can, with no form, missing and the other guy goes for 40 yards just for a chance to make a big "pop"...can't win like that. Ripping opponents helmets off, etc.. All that could be cleaned up, or could have been if it was 1 or 2 games into the season and I believe McCreary could be 5-2, maybe 6-1. No telling how good to be honest. Fans walking the track to yell at other fans, in their face. Athletic director should be proud...No matter how bad teams want to win, the really good teams, at least in public, show some class. That's where you see a good well coached and well ran program from top to bottom. All everything last night did was get the Casey side even more riled up, and behind their team. The really good teams had this much figured out years ago. If McCreary keeps getting good talent, this needs to be preached down there. No tolerance for stupid junk. It should be about the game.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I just hope Haddix wants to give Dudley a taste of what he was so well known for doing. Running it up a bit😁

I don't think he'll have a problem with that. We were within 4 of Corbin in state last year at the beginning of the 4th. Threw a pick, and a super "bang-bang" completion then bang bang hit by a Corbin safety or corner on our WR, refs called it a catch and fumble. The throw was a great throw though, although the catch was questionable, but that's neither here nor there. Corbin is fired up and punches in a score. Our best tailback is still on the bench from a hit out of bounds towards the end zone. I can't remember if Corbin onsides, and recover, or if we just get a quick 3 and out (Corbin defense was exceptional). They punch in another. Game is broken out then. Corbin went from, 21 I think, to 34 quick. I can't remember if that was the final, Corbin 34, Casey 17, or if Corbin got one more. If I recall Corbin could have kneeled it out, but I may be wrong on that. They went ahead and punched in that last one to go to 34, I think...lol. But yeah, I don't think Haddix has a problem punching in as many scores against district rivals as he can, and especially against a legend who was known for doing it. I will say, in the past when Corbin had running clocks on Casey, they always subbed early and would make it less embarrassing. Bell would beat you by as many as they could, in the Dudley days.
kats4life Wrote:The defense for MC is terrible..The coaches have not made any changes from game one. Either they don't know what to do or it's laziness..If your not prepared your nothing!! That is the coaches responsibility..

What Base Defense does McCreary run? Has that changed from Week 1 until now? Does the coaching staff do weekly scouting reports?
Mccreary is, was, and always will be in a tough situation when it comes to football, and really all sports.
I think it will take an exceptional player, kind of like the watts kid for them to have a good decent year. There is just nothing in mccreary county. Being the only high school is the only thing that makes them keep the numbers that they do.
Not to mention they've been stuck in a district will they will most likely never be competitive in. If that were to continue and the numbers keep dwindling, if I were mccreary I would just play a non district schedule and put 10 teams on there that they can compete with until the current alignment and settings change.
smoke1015 Wrote:A lot of kids on that team that could play at the next level. Coaching, yes. But also discipline. You can play hard nosed football, great. But as a parent if I have any knowledge of this game, coaches or not, I'm making sure my kid is ready to play smart, to hustle to the ball and not just whiff and give up, and don't make any stupid mistakes that cost the team. Coaching should be hammering that, parents should be hammering it at home. Football is physical, but trying to hit someone as hard as you can, with no form, missing and the other guy goes for 40 yards just for a chance to make a big "pop"...can't win like that. Ripping opponents helmets off, etc.. All that could be cleaned up, or could have been if it was 1 or 2 games into the season and I believe McCreary could be 5-2, maybe 6-1. No telling how good to be honest. Fans walking the track to yell at other fans, in their face. Athletic director should be proud...No matter how bad teams want to win, the really good teams, at least in public, show some class. That's where you see a good well coached and well ran program from top to bottom. All everything last night did was get the Casey side even more riled up, and behind their team. The really good teams had this much figured out years ago. If McCreary keeps getting good talent, this needs to be preached down there. No tolerance for stupid junk. It should be about the game.
MC provides plenty of security officers during the games!! That's who needs to address these situations.. I'm pretty sure the MC Administration doesn't approve of any negativity.. The athletic director should be disappointed with the coach...

I agree, for the games I've watched the defense can not make adjustments. They have too many good players not to be good on defense if Coaching Staff would work on it. At least they could teach the kids to wrap up on tackles, enough is enough !!!:flush::flush::flush:
kats4life Wrote:MC provides plenty of security officers during the games!! That's who needs to address these situations.. I'm pretty sure the MC Administration doesn't approve of any negativity.. The athletic director should be disappointed with the coach...

I saw some officers on the far end. But they need to be positioned on opposing teams side. Like a referee in boxing, you gotta be lose enough to stop a situation from happening. Our parents also were on the grass which is a no no and we had to get them off. My opinion they need fencing at the edge of the track for a barrier. Might be a good idea to put stretch fencing up so folks can walk 3/4's of the track, but not instigate a riot with fans. Casey parents were really good last night as far as not getting into the taunting.
smoke1015 Wrote:I saw some officers on the far end. But they need to be positioned on opposing teams side. Like a referee in boxing, you gotta be lose enough to stop a situation from happening. Our parents also were on the grass which is a no no and we had to get them off. My opinion they need fencing at the edge of the track for a barrier. Might be a good idea to put stretch fencing up so folks can walk 3/4's of the track, but not instigate a riot with fans. Casey parents were really good last night as far as not getting into the taunting.

It was children that was walking on that side taunting I'm hoping adults did not get mad and act a fool with children lol. Not that big of a deal really