Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2017 Oct 2 Class 3A Media Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Belfry 5-1

2. Corbin 5-1

3. Boyle County. 5-1

4. Central 4-2

5. Elizabethtown 5-1

6. Caldwell County 6-1

7. Casey County 6-0

8. LaRue County 7-0

9. Lexington Catholic 3-3

10. Western Hills 5-1

Others receiving votes: Fleming County 12, Union County 8, Paducah Tilghman 5, Waggener 2, Pike County Central 1, Bell County 1.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...09986.html
Bout right......
Casey will get their chance to show they belong with Corbin coming up
E's Army Wrote:Casey will get their chance to show they belong with Corbin coming up

How much higher do you want them?
E's Army Wrote:Casey will get their chance to show they belong with Corbin coming up

They don't belong with Corbin.
If Casey belongs up there with Corbin, then the Hounds don't have a chance in postseason. I think they have a chance. Taylor isn't on the same level as the Hound dogs. Jmo

I think your being sarcastic right
Casey co is having a nice season. They will get a opportunity to play one of the best teams in the state in Corbin so we will see if they can hang around. I don't think not beating Corbin will destroy their season because it seems a lot of really good teams have been beat by those guys. It's always good to gauge yourselves against the best and getting beat by them does not make them a bad football team. Anyway, I think the polls are about right.
I don't mean anything against Taylor. They have their program headed in the right direction obviously. They were really good last season and are reloading well. Undefeated so far and beat Dudley on Log MTN. It's good for all envolved to have competition like that in the district.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:How much higher do you want them?

I think we are fairly seeded. I feel we can play with ETown and Caldwell. Not sure. Larue we had battles in middle school with those guys, they were really good, their senior class vs our senior class. Our junior class beat there junior class fairly easy. Not sure what they've added, compared to what we've added. That would be a fun game.
HighViz Wrote:If Casey belongs up there with Corbin, then the Hounds don't have a chance in postseason. I think they have a chance. Taylor isn't on the same level as the Hound dogs. Jmo

Coach, although I might agree Casey isn't there yet. I'm not ready to roll over and show you our bellies. If we roll in undefeated, there's your guy's motivation. If we drop a game to McCreary C...well I think the Hounds won't be too worried, or motivated.
Mule kicker Wrote:Casey co is having a nice season. They will get a opportunity to play one of the best teams in the state in Corbin so we will see if they can hang around. I don't think not beating Corbin will destroy their season because it seems a lot of really good teams have been beat by those guys. It's always good to gauge yourselves against the best and getting beat by them does not make them a bad football team. Anyway, I think the polls are about right.

Corbin is great, 100%. Maybe the best secondary we ever played last year. I'm about to be offended if they keep calling us Taylor. Lol. Taylor has a good middle school team coming up though...Casey has a pretty good class moving up, but not enough hold backs. Our 8th grade running back just turned 13! GRRRR! Been telling parents for years, hard to get those boys onto varsity like that, untl their junior and senior year.
HighViz Wrote:I don't mean anything against Taylor. They have their program headed in the right direction obviously. They were really good last season and are reloading well. Undefeated so far and beat Dudley on Log MTN. It's good for all envolved to have competition like that in the district.

Casey will do their best against Whitley, in a couple of weeks. I know the Redhounds are one of the top 3 teams in 3A, but we'll give Whitley our best shot.
smoke1015 Wrote:I think we are fairly seeded. I feel we can play with ETown and Caldwell. Not sure. Larue we had battles in middle school with those guys, they were really good, their senior class vs our senior class. Our junior class beat there junior class fairly easy. Not sure what they've added, compared to what we've added. That would be a fun game.

I agree completely. I think Casey is about right.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I agree completely. I think Casey is about right.

Anyone seen Caldwell? Wondering how good they are. ETOWN? I would like to have been able to play Larue. I have no idea who is better between us. If the kept the same kids they had when they were in 8th, they had a really talented group. The 7th grade class had 2 huge backs (when they were in middle) that I figure ended up as linebackers or D ends in high-school due to lack of speed. They had a receiver that was an absolute stud on their 8th grade squad who should be a senior right now. He was legit, if they still have him.
smoke1015 Wrote:Corbin is great, 100%. Maybe the best secondary we ever played last year. I'm about to be offended if they keep calling us Taylor. Lol. Taylor has a good middle school team coming up though...Casey has a pretty good class moving up, but not enough hold backs. Our 8th grade running back just turned 13! GRRRR! Been telling parents for years, hard to get those boys onto varsity like that, untl their junior and senior year.

You mean your school ain't in Campbellsville ? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You mean your school ain't in Campbellsville ? Confusednicker:

Don't confuse everyone...people will start calling them Campbell County if they think that. LOL
I just don't see Casey being able to beat any of the top 5 teams listed here. It is football though so that's why they play the game. I may be dead wrong.
smoke1015 Wrote:Anyone seen Caldwell? Wondering how good they are. ETOWN? I would like to have been able to play Larue. I have no idea who is better between us. If the kept the same kids they had when they were in 8th, they had a really talented group. The 7th grade class had 2 huge backs (when they were in middle) that I figure ended up as linebackers or D ends in high-school due to lack of speed. They had a receiver that was an absolute stud on their 8th grade squad who should be a senior right now. He was legit, if they still have him.

Caldwell struggled mightily at home to defeat Paducah Tilghman (2-5) with a last second score. Tilghman had 346 yards rushing and six yards passing. Now the typical answer from teams that win those sorts of games is "well.... we had this guy out hurt and we held these two out and our JV played most of the second half ....and so on...." so I would expect to hear something of that nature from Caldwell to explain the margin. Based on what I have seen and read, I would not expect Caldwell to defeat Etown.
smoke1015 Wrote:Anyone seen Caldwell? Wondering how good they are. ETOWN? I would like to have been able to play Larue. I have no idea who is better between us. If the kept the same kids they had when they were in 8th, they had a really talented group. The 7th grade class had 2 huge backs (when they were in middle) that I figure ended up as linebackers or D ends in high-school due to lack of speed. They had a receiver that was an absolute stud on their 8th grade squad who should be a senior right now. He was legit, if they still have him.

Caldwell
Talented as always. Upfront on the OL is probabably their biggest “weakness”. QB Joby Jaggers has stepped in and done a very good job. Caldwell is mostly juniors also; they’ll return almost everybody next year. If you can line up and run the ball at them like Tilghman; then you might have a chance (but, you also have to be able to stop them)

E-town
Loaded. They literally returned almost everybody from last years state semifinal team; 19 of 22 starters. Athletically they are scary. Jay Becherer (#14/RB) might be the most electrifying players in all of 3A, and they have more to go around. Everybody that touches the ball for them can score anytime they touch it.

LaRue
All of those kids are still there. The two big kids you referred to; one is their 2nd leading rusher (also plays some at DE) and the other starts at a DE spots; while being their best D lineman. He’s a mismatch for a lot of kids. Kid has a special talent (6’4-maybe more-210 and I don’t know if he’s even began to grow yet- name is Dailliss Cox- pronounced like Day-Less)

Personally, I think 3A comes down to Belfry, Corbin, Central, Boyle and Elizabethtown.

Teams 6-15 I’m not sure how much difference there is to be honest; all about match-ups. You’re state champ is going to come from one of those 5.
Tica, Caldwell won the game without their leading tackler and leader of the defense and another starter on the defensive line, they don't have much depth and to beat Tilghman with those two not playing was quite an accomplishment. So yes they beat Tilghman shorthanded, a win is a win, one or twenty points I'll take it. Etown has to come to Princeton, so Caldwell has a chance, I guess that means you are saying Tilghman has no chance to beat Etown?
missthefield Wrote:Tica, Caldwell won the game without their leading tackler and leader of the defense and another starter on the defensive line, they don't have much depth and to beat Tilghman with those two not playing was quite an accomplishment. So yes they beat Tilghman shorthanded, a win is a win, one or twenty points I'll take it. Etown has to come to Princeton, so Caldwell has a chance, I guess that means you are saying Tilghman has no chance to beat Etown?

Well there you go. Caldwell had not one, but two defensive leaders out. Glad that was cleared up in a hurry. I'm not saying Tilghman could beat anybody because of its one-dimensional attack. Most teams run because they can, not because they have to. But, as the season winds down , my hunch is this imperfect 2-5 team that also sits atop some 3A defensive stats, will cause a night of unexpected sadness for someone, somewhere.
I agree with the Duck. His assessment of those teams seems spot on. I think Etown is flying a bit under the radar for 3A title consideration.
missthefield Wrote:Tica, Caldwell won the game without their leading tackler and leader of the defense and another starter on the defensive line, they don't have much depth and to beat Tilghman with those two not playing was quite an accomplishment. So yes they beat Tilghman shorthanded, a win is a win, one or twenty points I'll take it. Etown has to come to Princeton, so Caldwell has a chance, I guess that means you are saying Tilghman has no chance to beat Etown?

Neither Caldwell or Tilghman will beat etown IMO. Not a knock on either Etown is just that good. I think they are the best team thats in a region 1 in all classes except for Bowling Green.
That's saying a lot from a Mayfield fan!
killbilly usmc Wrote:Neither Caldwell or Tilghman will beat etown IMO. Not a knock on either Etown is just that good. I think they are the best team thats in a region 1 in all classes except for Bowling Green.

That last statement is a great point. Never thought about that, but that’s exactly how good E-town is.
I think next year will be Caldwells year if they can get good linebacker play. That's all they really lose of this years team, but They will will be tough to replace, but if They get some to step up at that spot look out, They will be loaded. Hope Caldwell proves me wrong this year, but I think etown is scary good. If Caldwell beats Mayfield by a few scores in a few weeks i may change my mind.
pjdoug Wrote:You mean your school ain't in Campbellsville ? Confusednicker:

Lol, nope. The players Campbellsville lost to Taylor, I'd gladly take the rest of them that are still there.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Caldwell
Talented as always. Upfront on the OL is probabably their biggest “weakness”. QB Joby Jaggers has stepped in and done a very good job. Caldwell is mostly juniors also; they’ll return almost everybody next year. If you can line up and run the ball at them like Tilghman; then you might have a chance (but, you also have to be able to stop them)

E-town
Loaded. They literally returned almost everybody from last years state semifinal team; 19 of 22 starters. Athletically they are scary. Jay Becherer (#14/RB) might be the most electrifying players in all of 3A, and they have more to go around. Everybody that touches the ball for them can score anytime they touch it.

LaRue
All of those kids are still there. The two big kids you referred to; one is their 2nd leading rusher (also plays some at DE) and the other starts at a DE spots; while being their best D lineman. He’s a mismatch for a lot of kids. Kid has a special talent (6’4-maybe more-210 and I don’t know if he’s even began to grow yet- name is Dailliss Cox- pronounced like Day-Less)

Personally, I think 3A comes down to Belfry, Corbin, Central, Boyle and Elizabethtown.

Teams 6-15 I’m not sure how much difference there is to be honest; all about match-ups. You’re state champ is going to come from one of those 5.
I agree with you. I didn't get to see much of Etown last year but they were a scary team to me. I knew Larue was about to be back on the rise. We lost to them badly one year, then the next year (excuse about to come), our best all around kid was out and we lost in pretty much a dogfight. Our MLB, AJ Glenn probably had 30 tackles in that game. He was everywhere, and had to be. Their guards were able to get out on our linebackers really well, and AJ was the only kid we had that could fight through a block and make a tackle on those big backs. But I knew if they could keep those kids they'd be a good team. They were really respectful and good sports there too as I recall.