Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tom Petty In Critical Conditon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The “Free Fallin’” singer, 66, was reportedly found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home, and was subsequently rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.

His condition is currently unclear, but the outlet reports that Petty has been critical since Sunday night.

Petty wrapped a lengthy tour Sept. 25 in California.

The Florida native is a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer best known for a string of hits with his band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Their most popular tracks include "I Won't Back Down," "Runnin' Down a Dream" and "American Girl."

He's notched three Grammy wins over the years, and 18 nominations.I

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity...smsnnews11
Radio station WKQQ out of Lexington is hearing reports Tom Petty had no brain activity, and the plug has been pulled. I hope this isn't true.
WASHINGTON (Sinclair Broadcast Group) -- Tom Petty has been pulled off life support after showing no brain activity, TMZ reports.

The artist was found unconscious and rushed to the hospital on Sunday night after suffering from a full cardiac arrest.

Petty, who recently finished his latest tour in Los Angeles last week, was in his home when EMTs transported the singer to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.

Petty also has two scheduled tour dates in New York on Nov. 8 and 9, according to his Facebook page. No official word on Petty's condition has come out from his representatives.
Petty is a member of the band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. He is best known for his single, "Free Fallin'," which has over 32 million views on YouTube.
The music artist's last tweet was posted at 12:39 p.m. eastern time on Monday. Petty is seen in the picture from 1996 with Ed Burns, director of "She's The One," in 1996. Petty's band is celebrating their 40th anniversary.

http://fox45now.com/news/entertainment/r...iac-arrest