Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA 76 Middlesboro 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Christian scored 69 first half?

Just have no more words for what has happened here.

Congratulations to LCA

On a side note still waiting Trashtalker and MHSParent, for your answer. :flush:
The sad thing it could have been worse
How did LCA score 69 in first half? How does this happen? Was it all offense or just every phase of the game? Meaning a lot of special teams. Is Middlesboro that bad, or LCA that good? I don't think I have ever heard of 69 in a half.
Congrats to LCA.
On a side note Middlesboro scored 28 first half points on LCAs varsity and kept the clock from running until 1:00 left in the second qtr. LCA has to become better defensively if they want to make a true run. On the flip side there offense as impressive as any i have seen including last years Danvilles offense. They have great athletes everywhere.
69 points in a half is ridiculous
Predator/Prey Wrote:How did LCA score 69 in first half? How does this happen? Was it all offense or just every phase of the game? Meaning a lot of special teams. Is Middlesboro that bad, or LCA that good? I don't think I have ever heard of 69 in a half.

Was a little of both. LCA is truly pehnomenal on offense, middlesboro is atrocious on defense.... we looked pretty good on offense for a little while though.
Sounds like the Jackets have a major rebuilding job like my Mountain Lions. I definitely hope things change somehow, fast!!
Massengil resign now!! Your awful just wasting the kids time! If they don't get rid of him how many Students will the school lose?
That's a lot of points

That's a lot of points
LCA averaging 54 a game
Had a shift change at work and wasn't able to go to the game but did listen to it on the radio. Sounds like our offense played better but we just couldn't slow down LCA. I am so tired of being in this district. Praying to the football gods that M'boro gets reclassified and is able to return to playing mountain teams, since after all, we are a mountain school.

Glad to be going into an off week, I know the team is pretty beat up. My sister said Jackson was dressed and went through warmups. For the kids sake I hope he is able to play. I know we are in the tough stretch of our schedule but Jackson deserves to have the chance to be on the field the last few games of his career.
Tri-State Fan Wrote:Had a shift change at work and wasn't able to go to the game but did listen to it on the radio. Sounds like our offense played better but we just couldn't slow down LCA. I am so tired of being in this district. Praying to the football gods that M'boro gets reclassified and is able to return to playing mountain teams, since after all, we are a mountain school.

Glad to be going into an off week, I know the team is pretty beat up. My sister said Jackson was dressed and went through warmups. For the kids sake I hope he is able to play. I know we are in the tough stretch of our schedule but Jackson deserves to have the chance to be on the field the last few games of his career.

This is what we all have wanted to go back to class A. So, why haven't we.......Steve Martin. We have taken and told to by him, every student we can possibly take. Doesn't matter from Bell, Tennessee and active in trying to get them. Just for the money from the state. TN. kids just give a Middlesboro address, never checked. Money. Look at Pikeville, I would think many students want to attend, with their academics and athletics. They keep it under Class A enrollment. This is just another reason Martin's exit has helped this program.

Kids deserve to play and have fun. Make the last few as fun as we can. I hope they all get well.
Middlesboro looks to be improving keep up the work
NextGeneration Wrote:This is what we all have wanted to go back to class A. So, why haven't we.......Steve Martin. We have taken and told to by him, every student we can possibly take. Doesn't matter from Bell, Tennessee and active in trying to get them. Just for the money from the state. TN. kids just give a Middlesboro address, never checked. Money. Look at Pikeville, I would think many students want to attend, with their academics and athletics. They keep it under Class A enrollment. This is just another reason Martin's exit has helped this program.

Kids deserve to play and have fun. Make the last few as fun as we can. I hope they all get well.

I'm not really someone who has agreed with everything Mr. Martin has done, but I am a little confused by this post. The goal of the school should be to take an educate every student they can to the best of their ability. Pikeville is in a really weird position because yes, they do cap the number of students they take in but these same students are still able to go to PHS if they pay tuition (I knew some who did it). Football and sports are not the priority, however I do they eventually make it back to 1A. They have been close a number of times but weren't able to make it because the alternative school or the boys home etc.

I respect Steve Martin a lot. He's had a lot of flack from the school district some of it warranted because head scratching decisions. But I don't think you will see the football team compete for a while. Lots of damage done and not many good athletes.

2A hasn't been that bad to Middlesboro I know its hard to remember because all of the losing but just four years ago they were district champs in maybe the toughest district in the state.
They do take outside kids with tuition, however if they reach a certain number they cut it off to stay under the Class A cap. If they took everyone that wanted to go I believe they would move up. I talked to their AD once and he hinted to that very process. I may be very wrong. Middlesboro could do the same. Because you want to be Class A doesn't mean education is not the most important. I have been told for years by folks in Middlesboro they want to play Class A . If nothing else travel. That alone would save tons of money. My point it is in their control if they wanted to they could.
NextGeneration Wrote:They do take outside kids with tuition, however if they reach a certain number they cut it off to stay under the Class A cap. If they took everyone that wanted to go I believe they would move up. I talked to their AD once and he hinted to that very process. I may be very wrong. Middlesboro could do the same. Because you want to be Class A doesn't mean education is not the most important. I have been told for years by folks in Middlesboro they want to play Class A . If nothing else travel. That alone would save tons of money. My point it is in their control if they wanted to they could.

I knew it was Martin's fault.
NextGeneration Wrote:They do take outside kids with tuition, however if they reach a certain number they cut it off to stay under the Class A cap. If they took everyone that wanted to go I believe they would move up. I talked to their AD once and he hinted to that very process. I may be very wrong. Middlesboro could do the same. Because you want to be Class A doesn't mean education is not the most important. I have been told for years by folks in Middlesboro they want to play Class A . If nothing else travel. That alone would save tons of money. My point it is in their control if they wanted to they could.

Here you go showing off your education again. First of all, class A doesn’t have a certain threshold like a magic number that makes you class A, they are classed by the smallest 32 schools in the state. Secondly, middlesboro has an agreement with all surrounding schools; bell county, Claiborne county, pineville, that allows students to transfer to their desired schools without zone restriction. Public districts don’t necessarily have the right to turn kids away, and why would you? The ultimate goal of a school system is to educate community members, not win football games.
Most schools are trying to get their numbers up so that they will have more money to better provide an education for their students.
RicFlair Wrote:Here you go showing off your education again. First of all, class A doesn’t have a certain threshold like a magic number that makes you class A, they are classed by the smallest 32 schools in the state. Secondly, middlesboro has an agreement with all surrounding schools; bell county, Claiborne county, pineville, that allows students to transfer to their desired schools without zone restriction. Public districts don’t necessarily have the right to turn kids away, and why would you? The ultimate goal of a school system is to educate community members, not win football games.

Really, You are clueless. We DO NOT have a reciprocal agreement with any Tennessee schools. Monies do not follow them across state lines. That doesn't mean you have to take any student. Things are going great , job well done.
Pikeville does NOT cap the number to just stay in Class A level. The cap is in place by agreement with the Pike County schools, and I believe the number is 400 students total in any year from the county school district. So this means from Kindergarten to 12th grade, any student who lives out of the city district and in the county district, must be one of the 300, the agreement has been in place for a long time. And the 300 people must still pay tuition. Last I heard, the County was trying to reduce that number, but I don't know that for a fact since I was not privy to the actual conversation.

Pikeville has had a waiting list of people who have wanted to come to the school forever. Since I was in school even way back in the day.
NextGeneration Wrote:Really, You are clueless. We DO NOT have a reciprocal agreement with any Tennessee schools. Monies do not follow them across state lines. That doesn't mean you have to take any student. Things are going great , job well done.

Yes we do
PHSForever Wrote:Pikeville does NOT cap the number to just stay in Class A level. The cap is in place by agreement with the Pike County schools, and I believe the number is 400 students total in any year from the county school district. So this means from Kindergarten to 12th grade, any student who lives out of the city district and in the county district, must be one of the 300, the agreement has been in place for a long time. And the 300 people must still pay tuition. Last I heard, the County was trying to reduce that number, but I don't know that for a fact since I was not privy to the actual conversation.

Pikeville has had a waiting list of people who have wanted to come to the school forever. Since I was in school even way back in the day.

Thanks I knew that you could not just show up and go. District cap. For whatever reason it keeps you in Class A. There is no waiting list here. I knew Pikeville had to turn away or waiting list because it was such a good school most would want to attend.
Pineville has made itself a place where people bring their children to gave success. Those type kids also have success in athletics. Middlesboro needs to get back to being a school where children thrive. With that will come success in sports.
E's Army Wrote:Pineville has made itself a place where people bring their children to gave success. Those type kids also have success in athletics. Middlesboro needs to get back to being a school where children thrive. With that will come success in sports.

I find this satement intriguing on so many levels
I think he meant Pikeville . Auto correct will get you.
LCA is putting up huge numbers all year. It is exciting to have another high class football team in Lexington
Rumor has it they let Massengill go any truth to that?
Haven't heard that. Not saying it's not true just haven't heard that yet.