Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County at Estill County 10/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Pirates make the short trip to Irvine to take on the Engineers at Hoover Niece Field.

Powell County comes in 2-0 in district play looking to pick up their 3rd win. Powell County comes in averaging 36 points a game....Allowing 37 points a game

Estill County comes in 0-2 in district play, looking to pick up their first win in district play. Engineers come in averaging 20 points a game....Allowing 34 points a game.

Estill is usually good against Powell but the Pirates look to be on a whole different level than Estill is.

USA Today HSS Score Predictor: Estill 35-33.

I think Beckler will be back for Estill for this game. I think Estill wins a close one but they have to play extremely better than what they have been.
Powell County by 10
42-21 Powell.
I'll take powell by 21
P-O-W-E-L-L :popcorn:
Brewer has his offense locked in and putting up big numbers. You best have some firepower to compete. Estill doesn't have that kind of explosiveness. Powell continues to roll in district, 42-21.
I said before the season began that Powell may start 0-4 with their early schedule and finish 6-4 and win their district. So far so good as it looks like that may happen. The Pirates make it 3 in a row and another step closer to the the district title.
Powell should win big. I'm going with a 39-27 score
Powell County - 38

Estill County - 28
Powell 28 estill 18
I'll be in attendance in this game and I'll try and keep the updates coming as long as my phone has a good battery.
Powell wins toss but defers

1st play from scrimmage Beckler takes it 69 yards to the house. 2pt conversion is good

11:43 1Q

Estill 8-0
1st down pass complwtion by Powell

Sack and tackle in backfield

Incomplete pass

Estill ball after Powell punt
Powell forces Powell to punt
Pirates take it to the house for a TD

XP good

Estill 8-7
End 1Q

Estill 8-7

Engineers face 3&8 from the Powell 18
Estill turns it over on downs at the 1
TD Powell. XP is good

8:08 2Q

Powell 14-8
Beckler takes it in from 7 after no one open on the double pass. 2pt good

Estill 16-14

40 secs til half
Halftime

Estill 16-14
Estill comes out and stops Powell on their 1st possession.
Powell scores on fake punt. XP good

9:00 3Q

Powell 21-16
TD Powell. XP good

4:41 3Q

Powell 28-16
End 3Q

Powell 28-16

Estill 1&goal at the 5
O'Hair on the keeper. 2pt no good

10:04 remaining

Powell 28-22
TD Powell xp no good

Powell 34-22
So Estill down twice by 6 and instead of kicking it down field they wanna onside kick it. Don't make any sense.