Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: [University-6] fires their AD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MULTIPLE REPORTS out of Louisville are reporting that [University-6] has fired their Athletic Director.

I'll post an official link as soon as one comes out.
The title of this thread is classic. Confusednicker:
http://www.wdrb.com/story/36464932/adida...Louisville

Adidas hired Tom Jurich's daughter months before $160 million deal with [University-6].
The AD of [University-6] has been placed on Administrative leave.
Pitino and Jurich on leave of absence.

UNPAID!!
Is there any team in the country dumb enough to hire a man like Pitino after all this? Or does he retire now?
Careful who you call dumb. Apparently Pitino has certain "language" in his contract that dictates how/when he can be fired.

Wish charlie22 or Harry Rex Vonner were here to explain this to me
Spud6 Wrote:Is there any team in the country dumb enough to hire a man like Pitino after all this? Or does he retire now?

Yes, I think there are schools dumb enough to hire him. Louisville hired Petrino after all the low life stuff he pulled. I understand what Pitino did was more significant, but my point being Pitino is a really good coach and college sports is big business. Some schools will do anything to win. I hate to say it but I like Pitino. I may like him more than Cal.
I'm trying to find the language used in his contract but no luck!!!

However, apparently he has a phrase in there that prohibits his firing for any reason without cause (whatever THAT means) for ten days. And during that ten days, he is allowed to refute evidence and offer evidence on his behalf, of any charges made.

Now "without cause" is interesting. That might mean that the admins can't get mad and haul off and fire him for losing games, or other school business but anything grossly negligent (like hiring a prostitute) or outside forces under investigation (like the FBI) might just negate that little part of the contract.

I sat right behind his bench one time at a ballgame. He is the most verbally abusive man I ever heard toward his players. I was disappointed.
Pitino could still have a job at any decent power 5 school or good mid major schools like butler, Villanova, etc. So long as he wants to coach. I'm not sure he will still want to coach though. I think he retires as a lville man
Pitino will never coach another game
UofL's athletic association board met today along with every current head coach from every sport they have........ except Bobby Petrino.

From what is being reported, this was a meeting to keep Tommy Turtleneck as their AD.