Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern Kentucky University @ Southeast Missouri State 9/30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Colonels travel to CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO Saturday for their game with the Redhawks. Game time is set for 7p.m. our time. The Redhawks come into the game 0-4 on the season with losses to Kansas (16-38), Dayon (23-25), Southern Illinois (17-35), and Eastern Illinois (16-19). EKU leads the all-time series 24-3. This Century the Colonels lead the series 14-3. SEMO last defeated the Colonels in 2010 (21-40). The Colonels won last years game by a score of 31-16.

What are your thoughts and predictions on this game?
Despite them being 0-4, on the road don't think it will be a cakewalk for the Colonels. I'd say EKU 27-20.
They was about to send EIU into overtime at the very least but EIU intercepted a pass on the 1 from just the 16 yard line to let time expire. They defiantly won't play as a 0-4 team. I will be there to see what happens and hoping for a colonel win!
EKU-24
SEMO-20
Shondue Wrote:They was about to send EIU into overtime at the very least but EIU intercepted a pass on the 1 from just the 16 yard line to let time expire. They defiantly won't play as a 0-4 team. I will be there to see what happens and hoping for a colonel win!
EKU-24
SEMO-20

Could you give us a game report next week? I'd love to hear. Norm Peterson and later Longmeyer used to do that for us on here for EKU games? and I really enjoyed it.

It's going to be a tough game for the Colonels. That is for sure.
Westside Wrote:Could you give us a game report next week? I'd love to hear. Norm Peterson and later Longmeyer used to do that for us on here for EKU games? and I really enjoyed it.

It's going to be a tough game for the Colonels. That is for sure.

I'll do my best, not much of a writer but I'll see what I can do.
Eastern wins it 27-17.
Colonels recurve opening kick and drive down to the 2 yard line only to turn over on downs.
SEMO takes over on 2 yd lane for their opening drive. Quick 3 and out and the Colonels get it back on their 41 yard line. Drive down and miss a 30 yard field goal. Another 3 and out for SEMO. Colonels start the next drive on the 44 yard line. Colonels moving the ball well early. Not finishing and putting points on the board. Bad snap by Simpson at center and loss of 4 yards. 3 and out by the Colonels.
SEMO on the board first with a 47yarf field goal with 11:57 in the 2nd left.
20-3 SEMO with 53 seconds in the half. Turnovers and missed tackles have made this one ugly.
Nothing good about this game for colonel fans. Ugly from start to finish.
Thanks for the updates. I enjoyed reading them even if the game got ugly. Have a safe trip home. #FireTheCannon