Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 31 and Counting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prob the most embarrassing losing streak in all of D-1 sports!!! Great job tonight by a bunch of scared shitless coaches!!! Mainly Mark Stoops......... once again looked like a lost ball in high weeds on the sidelines against a good program, not a good team IMO. Fla is not very good and they have no QB.......But we still can't get them for 31 years straight....... Big Joke!!! HaHaHa
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Prob the most embarrassing losing streak in all of D-1 sports!!! Great job tonight by a bunch of scared shitless coaches!!! Mainly Marco Stoops......... once again looked like a lost ball in high weeds on the sidelines against a good program, not a good team IMO. Fla is not very good and they have no QB.......But we still can't get them for 31 years straight....... Big Joke!!! HaHaHa

sad story.
Like I said on the game thread, how can someone's job not be on the line for twice coming out of timeouts and leaving a receiver uncovered. Inconceivable! Except for UK football. And you are dead on Cuz on the good program, not good team this year comment on Florida. Alabama would beat them about the way they beat Vandy today. If we couldn't beat them tonight, I don't know if we ever will.
Tonight was tough to watch because we were obviously the better team. But we had a coach make bone head mistakes coming out of timeouts and we lost because of it.

All we ever hear from our U.K. football staff is we need the respect of our fans and them to turn out to football games like they do for basketball. Well tonight Kroger Field was absolutely bumping and what did Stoops do? Absolutely threw it down the drain. I dare him say something about the fans not giving the football team enough love.

Let's give him another million on his contract though because we think he deserves it though!
Stoops Troops!

Yahtzee!
Disappointed. Every year, I get my hopes up and every year this happens.

On KSR tonight ...."UK fans are 95% scar tissue"
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Disappointed. Every year, I get my hopes up and every year this happens.

On KSR tonight ...."UK fans are 95% scar tissue"
Dissapointing doesn't begin to explain Ky football..............
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Dissapointing doesn't begin to explain Ky football..............

More like soul crushing.
This old man has seen his fair share of heart breakers but last night I felt like I was in a time warp watching Wuerffel to Doering or Lorenzen's pick six...Twice you leave a Fl receiver uncovered and they score...How does that freaking happen, unbelievable...
Say what you want about Stoops but he has recruited well, that UK team was as good as Florida and I can't remember ever thinking that in my lifetime...But the in game coaching by ALL our coaches last night was mind boggling...Thought Gran got way to conservative with the play calling in the second half...
Can we find a center that can snap the ball to the QB, good grief...
When is the last time you saw a holding call on what would have been the last play before sending the field goal unit out for a game winner...
I should add to my above statement with the exception of the 1976-77 UK teams
I agree Stoops and company have recruited very well, but that's where my praises stop for him as well. How many coaching mistakes has there been where we hear that's my fault we have to do a better job of coaching? Or how many times has UK gotten the lead and then wanted to coast home rather than keep their foot on the pedal. UK got that lead and everyone just knew what was coming. Gran backed off, took the ball out of the QB's hands, and we lost. When I seen that one series go 3 and out, and only last for a minute and a half, I knew we was in trouble. Can't keep the D on the field all night. Then after the game Gran doubles down and says he made the right call to run rather that use what was hot and that being the QB. Says we are gonna run the ball, and he would do it again. This is why we are as good as we will ever be under this staff. Are we better than jokers team? Yes but could be 4-0 this morning but no, we left two guys wide open and got scared on the offensive side of the ball, and are now 3-1.
Hard for me to believe that we expect more from our football program..... We are what we have been for years... I guess we just have to be happy when we can go 6-7, be in a bowl game, and extend coache's contracts with raises....
This one is going to hurt for a long time....

The 1992 Christian Laettner shot.
The 2002 Bluegrass Miracle LSU TD.
The 2015 Final Four loss to Wisconsin, 38-1.
The 2017 Florida 4th qtr. collapse.

Being a UK fan is hard, but they're still MY team.
Could add a dozen more football games, but you're right, still my team too. No reason we can't win next two, be 5-1 overall, 2-1 in conference going into bye week. Still can be a really good year. But.... still could be going from 5-1 to 5-7 like couple of seasons ago too.