Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Floyd Central 9/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Big Red Machine visits the New Kids On The Block for the first time. Who ya got and why?
Belfry's speed way too much for FC. Belfry 56-14.
FC has impressed me this year. A new school putting together some wins. But I think my Pirates show them what being in 3A is all about. All Pirates in this one, 49-12.
Fc is big up front on the line. And got a good qb and one good Rb, but They get tired quickly belfry has to much speed and and too many subs.
Belfry 42
Fc 7
Belfry by 36+
I hope Belfry doesn't see what FCC's kids said in their pigskin preview about there being a new team in the district. They don't need more reason to beat FCC as bad as what they already are going to. I like the attitude and never backdown mentality.

Belfry by as many as they want
Belfry by a lot.
49-14 Belfry
Hate to say it but Belfry by a lot
Spud6 Wrote:I hope Belfry doesn't see what FCC's kids said in their pigskin preview about there being a new team in the district. They don't need more reason to beat FCC as bad as what they already are going to. I like the attitude and never backdown mentality.

They've seen it. Lol! My son told me about it after tonight's game when I ask him his thoughts on the FCC game.
#55PirateFan Wrote:They've seen it. Lol! My son told me about it after tonight's game when I ask him his thoughts on the FCC game.

Welp, have mercy on those young men's soul from FCC!

Thankfully Coach Haywood is the definition of class and is known for his two-point conversion kneel downs.
Spud6 Wrote:I hope Belfry doesn't see what FCC's kids said in their pigskin preview about there being a new team in the district. They don't need more reason to beat FCC as bad as what they already are going to. I like the attitude and never backdown mentality.

Here's the video:

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Pigsk...75083.html
Where and who is this FCC you speak of? Is the Federal Communications Commision now playing football? There is no high school in Kentucky that those initials would apply to. Floyd Central, not Floyd county Central. FC not FCC.
Floyd Central speaks in the video of wanting to "eat" this season and that there is "more than Belfry, there's us"....uhhhhhh yep....the Jags are getting ready to get a full 4 course dinner on how the big boys play football!!
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Where and who is this FCC you speak of? Is the Federal Communications Commision now playing football? There is no high school in Kentucky that those initials would apply to. Floyd Central, not Floyd county Central. FC not FCC.

For years Betsy Layne has been spelled Lane instead of Layne. It's a misunderstanding. It'll be alright.

But now I'll know from now on. Lol
Spud6 Wrote:For years Betsy Layne has been spelled Lane instead of Layne. It's a misunderstanding. It'll be alright.

I had a professor at EKU deduct points on a paper I wrote because I spelled our town Betsy Layne. I had my school jacket on, and he still told me I was wrong. The funny part is he was one of the best professors I had and one of my favorites. I could have gotten revenge on him later because he was up for promotion, and I was one of the students that were called to give an evaluation on him. Confusednicker:
Big step up for Floyd Central. Belfry is the big dog.
Might get bit when you rattle a dogs cage....just sayin'
Spud6 Wrote:For years Betsy Layne has been spelled Lane instead of Layne. It's a misunderstanding. It'll be alright.

To me, Betsy Lane would be a street name, but I guess just hearing it and being confused about it’s origin and probably not being familiar with the area surname Layne a lot of people just took a blind stab at the spelling.
BelfryPride Wrote:Might get bit when you rattle a dogs cage....just sayin'

I don’t think they needed to rattle this cage to get bit, it was already going to happen. But rattling it hasn’t helped them. Philip Haywood is merciful though.

Belfry by less than 100!
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Where and who is this FCC you speak of? Is the Federal Communications Commision now playing football? There is no high school in Kentucky that those initials would apply to. Floyd Central, not Floyd county Central. FC not FCC.

Stay on em!
Belfry by several scores but Coach Haywood will show class as always.
Westside Wrote:I had a professor at EKU deduct points on a paper I wrote because I spelled our town Betsy Layne. I had my school jacket on, and he still told me I was wrong. The funny part is he was one of the best professors I had and one of my favorites. I could have gotten revenge on him later because he was up for promotion, and I was one of the students that were called to give an evaluation on him. Confusednicker:

It use to really bother me when our games would be televised on local radio stations and they would get the spelling wrong. But now that I'm older and don't play anymore I care less about how they spell it. Lol
Belfry 42-7
Spud6 Wrote:It use to really bother me when our games would be televised on local radio stations and they would get the spelling wrong. But now that I'm older and don't play anymore I care less about how they spell it. Lol

televised on radio stations :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:televised on radio stations :biggrin:

Haha. You got me
Spud6 Wrote:Haha. You got me

sorry. couldn't resist. lol
BelfryPride Wrote:Here's the video:

http://www.wymt.com/content/sports/Pigsk...75083.html

Friday night will definitely be time to eat
Sorry Floyd Central it's getting real this week. :partyhard

Belfry 56+
Floyd Central 00
Belfry 52