Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County @ Russell 9/29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins what could very likely decide the district championship?

Thoughts?

Russell comes in at 2-3 and Fleming County comes in at 4-1.
So is Fleming all talk again this year? Panthers have not had much success against the Devils since the two were placed in a district together. I believe Fleming might have 2 wins against Russell in the overall series, oddly enough both wins I believe were at Russell. Devils been hit hard by the injury bug, but I believe Russell still has enough to win this district. Fleming will be fired up and full of motivation, but once again the talent discrepancy and just sheer overall numbers of the Devils will prove to be too much for the Panthers to overcome.
Russell- 35

Fleming- 14
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:So is Fleming all talk again this year? Panthers have not had much success against the Devils since the two were placed in a district together. I believe Fleming might have 2 wins against Russell in the overall series, oddly enough both wins I believe were at Russell. Devils been hit hard by the injury bug, but I believe Russell still has enough to win this district. Fleming will be fired up and full of motivation, but once again the talent discrepancy and just sheer overall numbers of the Devils will prove to be too much for the Panthers to overcome.
Fleming has an explosive offense that can score in bunches. Defense is a little down without Zac Alexander. Don't know much about Russell except they field a good team year in and year out regardless of injury.
It will be interesting Kentucky #1 seems Fleming has a great offense every year until they play Russell. The key for Fleming to win this game is to control the line of scrimmage, something they have never had any real success at against Russell. I know the panthers are pass happy historically, but Russell will have to many athletes for that scheme. Fleming must be able to rush for at least 150-200 yards against Devils if they hope to pull the upset. Balance is a key ingredient in the recipe for success, trust me Russell has been lacking it for a long time.
Russell leads the series 24 wins to 3 losses according to the ADI preview.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:It will be interesting Kentucky #1 seems Fleming has a great offense every year until they play Russell. The key for Fleming to win this game is to control the line of scrimmage, something they have never had any real success at against Russell. I know the panthers are pass happy historically, but Russell will have to many athletes for that scheme. Fleming must be able to rush for at least 150-200 yards against Devils if they hope to pull the upset. Balance is a key ingredient in the recipe for success, trust me Russell has been lacking it for a long time.
Fleming doesn't have a very potent rushing attack. Not sure how they would fare if the passing game was shut down. QB is a good scrambler but coughs up the ball easily.
Russell 28

Fleming County 14
I'm gonna take Fleming County in a mild upset.

Fleming County - 28

Russell - 20
I know we discussed that Zac Alexander is out with an injury for Fleming County. I also heard that Kaleb Flannery did not dress vs. Lewis County and didn't play at Montgomery County. Is Kaleb Flannery and Zac Alexander both out against Russell Friday night. If so, that really hurts on both sides of the ball having both out vs. Russell. We all know about Russell Injuries so far this year. If Fleming County has lost both that is big on Receiving, Rushing, and on the Defense side of the ball. Is both Zac Alexander and Kaleb Flannery out this Friday night at Russell if anyone out there knows?
david5164 Wrote:I know we discussed that Zac Alexander is out with an injury for Fleming County. I also heard that Kaleb Flannery did not dress vs. Lewis County and didn't play at Montgomery County. Is Kaleb Flannery and Zac Alexander both out against Russell Friday night. If so, that really hurts on both sides of the ball having both out vs. Russell. We all know about Russell Injuries so far this year. If Fleming County has lost both that is big on Receiving, Rushing, and on the Defense side of the ball. Is both Zac Alexander and Kaleb Flannery out this Friday night at Russell if anyone out there knows?
Zac Alexander is out for the season with a torn acl and I'm not sure about Kaleb Flannery.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Zac Alexander is out for the season with a torn acl and I'm not sure about Kaleb Flannery.

Kaleb Flannery is out. Another kid not mentioned is starting inside linebacker Shane Vice. He got hurt in the last game last season and has not been back this year. He and ZA would have been the starting linebackers this year.