Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 63 - Sheldon Clark 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sheldon Clark's return to District play didn't go as planned. Pirates had a running clock with just over 10 minutes remaining in the 2nd quarter. Belfry rushed for 300 yards on just 16 carries.
Congrats to Pirates
Real bad night for the cardinals. The RED ARMY is a juggernaut. RED ARMY will not be challenged or halted until they meet the GOLDEN EXPRESS from Johnson County.
Johnson Central is looking mighty strong right now. Can't wait until they visit us on Pond Creek to see just how good we really are. Should be an exciting matchup.
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:Real bad night for the cardinals. The RED ARMY is a juggernaut. RED ARMY will not be challenged or halted until they meet the GOLDEN EXPRESS from Johnson County.

Belfry has a date with WV Power Cabell Midland, WV in Ona, WV on Oct. 6th. That will be a huge measuring stick to see where they are.
Wow. How many points did Belfry's JV and freshman teams put up? I asking not as disrespect to Sheldon Clark but because I know Coach Haywood doesn't run up the score on opponents, and I'm surprised they scored this many. I'm guessing it couldn't be helped?
Westside Wrote:Wow. How many points did Belfry's JV and freshman teams put up? I asking not as disrespect to Sheldon Clark but because I know Coach Haywood doesn't run up the score on opponents, and I'm surprised they scored this many. I'm guessing it couldn't be helped?

Belfry Varsity put up the first 28, then they were subbed out early in the second quarter.

Sheldon Clark is very young and very outmanned. Coach Haywood was playing Freshmen the entire 2nd half. Haywood does not run up the score on purpose.

Kind of defeats the purpose of player development to take a knee to a team that is rebuilding, every down and everytime you get the ball.