Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 43 Lawrence Co 14 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paintsville improves to 5-1
Congrats to Paintsville
Wow did not expect this!!!
IntheZone Wrote:Wow did not expect this!!!

Everyone else did. We have zero pass defense and zero passing game of our own. Was a good game there for a little bit until the Tigers started throwing the ball then it was all over. Paintsville's fb is a beast.
0ff The Chain Wrote:Everyone else did. We have zero pass defense and zero passing game of our own. Was a good game there for a little bit until the Tigers started throwing the ball then it was all over. Paintsville's fb is a beast.

West's sure does have a LOT put on his shoulders! Kid ran the Ball it seemed every play tonight and took a ton of hits BUT he always hoped up ready to keep it and run again the next play! He had a few solid runs tonight! Just asking an aweful lot of 1 player!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:West's sure does have a LOT put on his shoulders! Kid ran the Ball it seemed every play tonight and took a ton of hits BUT he always hoped up ready to keep it and run again the next play! He had a few solid runs tonight! Just asking an aweful lot of 1 player!

I know man. It is a lot for him and our line to go against the defensive fronts they face every week.That is why it is so amazing they put up the yards that they have this season. The Tigers pretty much had the whole defense at the line of scrimmage leaving the middle of the field wide open and you would think LC would have tried some quick slants but settled for a few attempts at longer passes and a screen. Just don't have the time to sit there in the pocket and wait for something to open up downfield when the entire defense is coming. Tigers have a ton of talent, I don't see anyone being able to keep them from a title this year.
what was the deal with that fight and ejection on LC in the 4th?
swampdonkey Wrote:what was the deal with that fight and ejection on LC in the 4th?

I didn't even realize there was an ejection. Waited to hear but never caught it.
could be wrong on that, but i was watching the game on livestream and I'm pretty sure an LC player got ejected. Not 100% sure though.
There was a scuffle in the corner, a few flags thrown but nothing really said. It appeared coaches and officials jumped in pretty quickly and took care of it!
Was a late hit on our rb after he scored and he got up and shoved the guy that hit him which caused another Tiger to come from behind to shove him back. After that there was a big scuffle and I couldn't see anything but players pulling other players away from it. Was a lot of late hits going on in that game by both teams that the refs let go. I think that's what built up til the end of the game. Gotta stay on top of that stuff before it gets out of hand.
0ff The Chain Wrote:Was a late hit on our rb after he scored and he got up and shoved the guy that hit him which caused another Tiger to come from behind to shove him back. After that there was a big scuffle and I couldn't see anything but players pulling other players away from it. Was a lot of late hits going on in that game by both teams that the refs let go. I think that's what built up til the end of the game. Gotta stay on top of that stuff before it gets out of hand.

Yep. That's one game I can't say the refs wasnt flag happy. They kinda just let the boys play which was nice but it was getting chippy and needed reeled in a little bit!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Yep. That's one game I can't say the refs wasnt flag happy. They kinda just let the boys play which was nice but it was getting chippy and needed reeled in a little bit!

idk man, those are the most interesting ones to watch TongueirateSho
0ff The Chain Wrote:Was a late hit on our rb after he scored and he got up and shoved the guy that hit him which caused another Tiger to come from behind to shove him back. After that there was a big scuffle and I couldn't see anything but players pulling other players away from it. Was a lot of late hits going on in that game by both teams that the refs let go. I think that's what built up til the end of the game. Gotta stay on top of that stuff before it gets out of hand.

Short should have put his subs in after the running clock like we did for the most part , he wouldn't have lost a 2 way starter for their next game. I agree though, the refs should have put a stop to it earlier in the game.
I would like to make a comment and don't care if it hurts anyones feelings. I have full faith in coach short. He is very young as head coaches go and needs to surround himself with good smart people. Defense and fundamentals have been a big problem with this program for quite a few years now. Part of the fundamentals thing goes all the way back to little league. Once a kid gets to the Varsity level after years of little league and middle school they should have things like tackling properly down pat. You build a strong program from the ground up and when I say ground I mean A team on up. I think at the end of this season coach short needs to clean house from A team all the way to his own staff like Chuke Williams did. Get coaches who know what they are doing to get hold of these kids early and teach the the proper fundamentals of this game. Show me a program who is mediocre and playing bad and Ill show you a program who has a bunch of coaches at the little leage and middle school levels who are full of themselves and not on the same page as the Varsity coaches. A strong program like a Belfry have kids on the A, B, C, D and middle school teams on the same page as the Varsity, learning the Varsity playbook and system a little at a time so when the Varsity coaches get them as freshman the already know the full base playbook. You need coaches who arent trying to impress anyone or get a name for themselves and understand that their main job is to prepare the kids for the next level. I also think coach Short needs to take a hard look at his own staff. The man needs to find someone who can coach the hell out of some defense. If what someone said is true and they have the exact staff as they did with Cecil then that explains alot. Short needs to find the best defensive coach he can, who that would be I have no idea but Im sure there are some good ones to be found if you look hard enough. Some changes need to be made and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. Also if its true and the weight lifting program is a problem and the kids are being lazy about it the it needs to be addressed and taken care of quickly.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would like to make a comment and don't care if it hurts anyones feelings. I have full faith in coach short. He is very young as head coaches go and needs to surround himself with good smart people. Defense and fundamentals have been a big problem with this program for quite a few years now. Part of the fundamentals thing goes all the way back to little league. Once a kid gets to the Varsity level after years of little league and middle school they should have things like tackling properly down pat. You build a strong program from the ground up and when I say ground I mean A team on up. I think at the end of this season coach short needs to clean house from A team all the way to his own staff like Chuke Williams did. Get coaches who know what they are doing to get hold of these kids early and teach the the proper fundamentals of this game. Show me a program who is mediocre and playing bad and Ill show you a program who has a bunch of coaches at the little leage and middle school levels who are full of themselves and not on the same page as the Varsity coaches. A strong program like a Belfry have kids on the A, B, C, D and middle school teams on the same page as the Varsity, learning the Varsity playbook and system a little at a time so when the Varsity coaches get them as freshman the already know the full base playbook. You need coaches who arent trying to impress anyone or get a name for themselves and understand that their main job is to prepare the kids for the next level. I also think coach Short needs to take a hard look at his own staff. The man needs to find someone who can coach the hell out of some defense. If what someone said is true and they have the exact staff as they did with Cecil then that explains alot. Short needs to find the best defensive coach he can, who that would be I have no idea but Im sure there are some good ones to be found if you look hard enough. Some changes need to be made and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. Also if its true and the weight lifting program is a problem and the kids are being lazy about it the it needs to be addressed and taken care of quickly.
Preach brother preach!!!!!
Redneck Wrote:Short should have put his subs in after the running clock like we did for the most part , he wouldn't have lost a 2 way starter for their next game. I agree though, the refs should have put a stop to it earlier in the game.

Did Paintsville have anyone ejected...?
Do-double-gg Wrote:I would like to make a comment and don't care if it hurts anyones feelings. I have full faith in coach short. He is very young as head coaches go and needs to surround himself with good smart people. Defense and fundamentals have been a big problem with this program for quite a few years now. Part of the fundamentals thing goes all the way back to little league. Once a kid gets to the Varsity level after years of little league and middle school they should have things like tackling properly down pat. You build a strong program from the ground up and when I say ground I mean A team on up. I think at the end of this season coach short needs to clean house from A team all the way to his own staff like Chuke Williams did. Get coaches who know what they are doing to get hold of these kids early and teach the the proper fundamentals of this game. Show me a program who is mediocre and playing bad and Ill show you a program who has a bunch of coaches at the little leage and middle school levels who are full of themselves and not on the same page as the Varsity coaches. A strong program like a Belfry have kids on the A, B, C, D and middle school teams on the same page as the Varsity, learning the Varsity playbook and system a little at a time so when the Varsity coaches get them as freshman the already know the full base playbook. You need coaches who arent trying to impress anyone or get a name for themselves and understand that their main job is to prepare the kids for the next level. I also think coach Short needs to take a hard look at his own staff. The man needs to find someone who can coach the hell out of some defense. If what someone said is true and they have the exact staff as they did with Cecil then that explains alot. Short needs to find the best defensive coach he can, who that would be I have no idea but Im sure there are some good ones to be found if you look hard enough. Some changes need to be made and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial. Also if its true and the weight lifting program is a problem and the kids are being lazy about it the it needs to be addressed and taken care of quickly.

I agree for the most part. I am not a huge fan of youth football. I mean I love football. But most kids arent strong enough to hold proper positions for football. Especially with pads. You have to re teach them every year. That's why you see so many youth players running and tackling straight up and down. I coach wrestling and it amazes me how many kids can't hold a wrestling stance or even a ready position. So I know there are fundamentals missing at the youth level but you still need to be teaching those and reinforcing them at the high school level.

Can we expect to see your application, since you have all the answers? :eyeroll:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Can we expect to see your application, since you have all the answers? :eyeroll:

Always one smart ass on here who rather then wanting to have an honest and open discussion instead deflection and avoidance. Show me anywhere in my post where I said I have all the answers. Now prove to me that anything I said is wrong. Are you arguing that defense and fundamentals haven't been a problem with this program for years now because there are plenty of numbers, stats and video that say and show otherwise. Maybe you have all the answers there smarty-pants, why don't you enlighten all us peasants with your football knowledge and prowess and tell us all what you think the main problems are and why this team has been playing such bad defense for years now. Tell us why we struggle with very weak teams and have horrible fundamentals. Tell us why the defensive side of the ball is glaringly weak in comparison to the offensive side and has been for the last good 6 or 7 seasons. One thing I do know is It's not the kids fault and I believe we have had plenty of talent and size and good athletes to be playing better defense then we have. 2017 is just one more year just like 2015 where we have a good enough offense to play with just about anyone, but our defense is as obvious as the nose on your face to everyone bad. When you have a good offense but bad defense it keeps the offense from even looking as good as it really is. Do you not think someone can be found who can come in and improve the defensive side of things because I believe they can and I wouldn't be surprised if coach Short doesn't do that very thing after this season. If he doesn't do something and make some changes then 2018 is going to look just like 2011-2017 and so will 2019 and 20 and.......... :eyeroll::yawn::zzz:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Can we expect to see your application, since you have all the answers? :eyeroll:

I don't have all the answers at all. I am also very weak coaching X's and O's. I know my weak points and strengths. I can break down individual play, technique, and biomechanics. But yes you can see my application next year to help them with whatever they need. If they don't get a wrestling team it will be In Johnson county though.
Matman Wrote:I don't have all the answers at all. I am also very weak coaching X's and O's. I know my weak points and strengths. I can break down individual play, technique, and biomechanics. But yes you can see my application next year to help them with whatever they need. If they don't get a wrestling team it will be In Johnson county though.

Yes this ^ I don't even understand why Lawrence County don't have a wrestling team already.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Yes this ^ I don't even understand why Lawrence County don't have a wrestling team already.

I don't know why they got rid of the program. Two of the most dominant athletes from here were the Murtons. Both won multiple state championships. One of them coaches Camblesville now. They also have some really good athletes living here but having to go to school in Johnson county because of wrestling. The two sports go hand and hand at JC and has made their kids strong and aggressive. It wouldn't hurt to have a team.
swampdonkey Wrote:could be wrong on that, but i was watching the game on livestream and I'm pretty sure an LC player got ejected. Not 100% sure though.

It turns out Swamp that both teams had an ejection of the scuffle.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It turns out Swamp that both teams had an ejection of the scuffle.

The Daily independent wrote that both did but from what I understand that was incorrect. Only one player from LC.
Do-double-gg Wrote:Always one smart ass on here who rather then wanting to have an honest and open discussion instead deflection and avoidance. Show me anywhere in my post where I said I have all the answers. Now prove to me that anything I said is wrong. Are you arguing that defense and fundamentals haven't been a problem with this program for years now because there are plenty of numbers, stats and video that say and show otherwise. Maybe you have all the answers there smarty-pants, why don't you enlighten all us peasants with your football knowledge and prowess and tell us all what you think the main problems are and why this team has been playing such bad defense for years now. Tell us why we struggle with very weak teams and have horrible fundamentals. Tell us why the defensive side of the ball is glaringly weak in comparison to the offensive side and has been for the last good 6 or 7 seasons. One thing I do know is It's not the kids fault and I believe we have had plenty of talent and size and good athletes to be playing better defense then we have. 2017 is just one more year just like 2015 where we have a good enough offense to play with just about anyone, but our defense is as obvious as the nose on your face to everyone bad. When you have a good offense but bad defense it keeps the offense from even looking as good as it really is. Do you not think someone can be found who can come in and improve the defensive side of things because I believe they can and I wouldn't be surprised if coach Short doesn't do that very thing after this season. If he doesn't do something and make some changes then 2018 is going to look just like 2011-2017 and so will 2019 and 20 and.......... :eyeroll::yawn::zzz:

Not the kids fault? You must be seeing something completely different because I see slower, smaller, and less athletic kids on our sideline than the other teams (better teams) we play. That's not a slap at our kids, just the facts. It doesn't matter what fundamentals you teach, won't make our kids suddenly run a 4.5 40 or throw a ball 50 yards down field. We have what we have.

You did give a lengthy post about what you see as the problem, thus you must think you have all the answers and should volunteer your time to turn the program around.

As for new coaches, what job are you going to provide them to earn their $2000 paycheck to coach? There is no teaching jobs available, and won't be either in the foreseeable future.
Matman Wrote:I don't have all the answers at all. I am also very weak coaching X's and O's. I know my weak points and strengths. I can break down individual play, technique, and biomechanics. But yes you can see my application next year to help them with whatever they need. If they don't get a wrestling team it will be In Johnson county though.

Wrestling team? Not going to happen. You all ever hear of Title IX? Yeah, that pesky federal statute about funding in public schools being equal with male/female sports. The middle school has started a boys soccer team a few years ago, so I see that becoming a reality next year or the year after. Absolutely NO WAY the school system could get away with adding another boys sport.....well, unless you are happy with losing the freshman football team and JV basketball or baseball teams........
Congratulations Tigers.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Wrestling team? Not going to happen. You all ever hear of Title IX? Yeah, that pesky federal statute about funding in public schools being equal with male/female sports. The middle school has started a boys soccer team a few years ago, so I see that becoming a reality next year or the year after. Absolutely NO WAY the school system could get away with adding another boys sport.....well, unless you are happy with losing the freshman football team and JV basketball or baseball teams........

A wrestling team is still in the books and in the budget. Additionally what does SC, Prestonsburg, pike central, JC or any of the other surrounding schools offer for girls that LC don't? Also wrestling is coed.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Not the kids fault? You must be seeing something completely different because I see slower, smaller, and less athletic kids on our sideline than the other teams (better teams) we play. That's not a slap at our kids, just the facts. It doesn't matter what fundamentals you teach, won't make our kids suddenly run a 4.5 40 or throw a ball 50 yards down field. We have what we have.

You did give a lengthy post about what you see as the problem, thus you must think you have all the answers and should volunteer your time to turn the program around.

As for new coaches, what job are you going to provide them to earn their $2000 paycheck to coach? There is no teaching jobs available, and won't be either in the foreseeable future.
I see a defense that is hot garbage and a offense so predictable it's sad. If what I've heard outta parents mouths that the defense don't do shit in practice then every single one of the coaches need to resign. That's unacceptable at any level.