Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5 Star Recruit Leaves Western Kentucky Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Five-star basketball recruit Mitchell Robinson has once again left Western Kentucky’s team, according to Scout.com’s Evan Daniels.

This time, Robinson is apparently gone for good.

The 7-foot center told Daniels that he has returned to his home in Louisiana and will use the next few months to train for next year’s NBA Draft, where he is projected as a possible lottery pick.

“The lifetime goal of mine is to play in the NBA and I feel like forgoing my year of college and going straight to work on a day to day basis will help prepare me, so I can focus just on basketball and maturing,” Robinson told Scout.com.

This is, seemingly, the final twist in what has been an odd recruitment for Robinson, who was supposed to be Western Kentucky’s first McDonald’s All-American.

He signed with the Hilltoppers last November, arrived in Bowling Green as planned this summer and then abruptly left the program and returned to Louisiana after less than a month on campus.

Robinson took campus visits to Kansas, Louisiana State and New Orleans as he contemplated a transfer, but — since he had already participated in team activities at Western Kentucky — it was unlikely that he would’ve been granted an NCAA waiver to play this season for any team other than the Hilltoppers.

He ultimately returned to Bowling Green late last month and re-enrolled in classes.

“I’ve said it many times — Mitchell is a good kid who can benefit greatly from the structure and accountability provided to him here,” Stansbury said at the time. “As I stated previously, there are requirements for his return that will be handled internally.”

Stansbury had suspended Robinson indefinitely after his first departure.

ESPN’s first mock draft projects Robinson as the No. 14 overall pick in next year.

Scout.com ranked him as the No. 9 overall prospect in the 2017 recruiting class. Robinson averaged 25.7 points, 12.6 rebounds and six blocked shots per game as a senior last season.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/k...87056.html
Robinson has followed some bad advise here. One of the shoe companies will be able to pay him immediately