Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 59th District all district team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Casey Ousley David School

Jordan Mullins East Ridge

Anthony Coleman East Ridge

Jacob Sword Pikeville

Matt Clevenger Pikeville

Tim Honaker Pikeville

Jacob Bryant Shelby Valley

Loagan Bryant Shelby Valley

Ashley Hatfield Shelby Valley

Elisha Justice Shelby Valley
While most of the players are certainly deserving, I for one would like to stop this nonsense. Give a tourney MVP and let it alone. All this is counterproductive in a T-E-A-M sport.
thepharmacist Wrote:While most of the players are certainly deserving, I for one would like to stop this nonsense. Give a tourney MVP and let it alone. All this is counterproductive in a T-E-A-M sport.
This was not an ALL Tourney team.
All coaches in the district voted to have an All District Team based on play throughout the season.

My gripe with it is the mandatory number of players from each team.
If a player from the # 4 seeded team is deserving, he will be elected. If he's not don't mandate it.
Same goes for the # 1 seed. If the best team has 5 of the best players in the district, why shouldn't they have 5 named to the District team?
I dont think it should go by the season. I dont remember seeing East Ridges or Davids coaches at any games that they wasnt playing in themselfs. How can you judge players over the season if you are not there to watch them in every district game? I like the District tourney team myself. Most of the time all coaches are there watching every game. Except in this district.
Congrats to all the players for their hard work this season
FOX SPORTS Wrote:This was not an ALL Tourney team.
All coaches in the district voted to have an All District Team based on play throughout the season.

My gripe with it is the mandatory number of players from each team.
If a player from the # 4 seeded team is deserving, he will be elected. If he's not don't mandate it.
Same goes for the # 1 seed. If the best team has 5 of the best players in the district, why shouldn't they have 5 named to the District team?
I feel the same way Fox Sports, and an all Tourney team, in my opinion is only good if the Coaches vote on it. The media so many times have their fav’s, and even if they have a bad Tourney by anyone’s standard the media will vote them on. This is in no way targeted at anyone or any Tourney this year. I did not see any games this season so I have nothing to say about this seasons Tourney’s so far. Oh I do want to send Congrats to the players.
Congrats to all of these guys. Well deserved and hard work will get you awards like these.
Congrats guys.
Congratulations to all players.
Daniel Harmon, should have definitely been on this team as well as Taylor Newsome...
I mean how can you give an award to a player on a team who record is 0-??, I mean they say that each team needs to have a player on the all district team in order for it to be fair.. But IMO you give it to the players who deserve it, if you want to be fair about it.

But it is over now, so congratulations to the players who recieved this award.
Congrats guys