Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oak Hill vs. St. Patrick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This game was on ESPN last nite at about 1230 or so.. I thought it would be neat to see some future stars so I watched the game.. I was dissapointed.

It was worse than an NBA game. I have seen pickup games run smoother.. Before the half each team had about 10 turnovers. These kids are supposed to be the future of Basketball, but my god, they suck. I didn't see anything to be impressed about.. I had never seen so many airballs, and missed layups in my life. The coaches did a lot of yelling, but it didn't look like they were getting through. Oak Hill has like a 7 foot dude on the team, and not only his he skinney and slow, but he don't know how to post up on someone about a foot shorter than him. Then ya got the point guard for both teams.. They both just want to show off. I heard the announcers keep goin on about how these boys were going to be great college players and all this crap, but I don't see how. They would drive, turn the ball over, then get a steal and miss a shot. I mean it got so bad that I actually started watching freaky friday (the 78 version, with jodi foster). Everytiem I went back to the game though, I just got highly upset..

Now I know people are going to say, that these kids are young and have a lot of pressure on them, but who cares.. That's basketball, everyone has some kind of pressure. Yeah ESPN, could make ya want to show off a little more than usual, but from what I saw last nite, I would be willing to say that if I could recruit, I could take a group of boys from around here, and beat oak hill. If I could find someone at least 6'8.

Sorry for goin on. But that's my pissed off moment for the day.
Who won CTD. During all of that rambling you didnt even post the final score.
Was it the St. Pat's in Maysville?? They have like 80 ppl in the school and a have one like 3 games.
no not them, this team was not kentucky. Oak Hill won by alot. CTD, i also watched this game. I didnt expect anything from either team. They just played a bad game i think. Believe it or not, when rondo played in high school he did the exact style of play and look at him now. I understand that they all played horrible but hey its high school. they are suppose to be the next stars but they wont be.
I didn't see the final score..

Mario. These kids are all hype up to be so great, I just didn't see it.
Let's go play em CTD. We all wanted a pick-up game so heres our shot at one. LOL
I have to aggree on this one. I watched part of the game and there was zero hustle and sloppy play from both teams. Just looked like they weren't trying very hard to me. Of course i didn't start watching until the second half and by this time Oak Hill was up by like 30. I didn't see anyone on the floor though that really impressed me.
Is Oak Hill the number one team in the nation this year also?
I believe they are Jay..

BCF4L.. If we can find at least a 6'8 center, I would so be all over a pickup game against them.. Heck, I'd even let their coach come and coach them lol.
The #1 team in the nation i think is pendleton, illinios. They beat oak hill earlier in the season this year.
If i saw correctly, Oak Hill was ranked #7, and St. Patrick was ranked #21 when they played that night.
If I saw correctly, neither one of these teams can shoot the ball at all.
I agree with u jay. Neither one of them looked that great to me. I've seen teams in east ky play much better.