Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County @ Somerset 9/22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Another tough test for Somerset. The briar jumpers of Somerset (3-2) come off a 16-14 win over North Laurel and now host the 4-0 Rockets. The rockets enter the game averaging 41.5 points per game and 422 rushing yards per game.

Who wins this matchup?
Somerset defense will be to much for the rock........I think :popcorn:

Somerset 21
Rockcastle 13
Rock 38
Somerset 20

I know Rock is 3 TDs better than North
The Rock is hard, but the Bunnies are fluffy:

Somerset - 26
Rockcastle - 8
Rock by 10.
I'm sure Somerset has a good defense but how do people think they hold the rock to 13 points or 8 points? Bourbon county scored 36 points on them. We ran for over 300 yards on them last year and we're a lot better running team this year. I'm sure there defense is improved but still like Rock to win this game.

Rock 34
Somerset 21
This will be one to come and see if you like a good physical game. May not be much finesse in this one. This has turned into a midseason war every year.
Rock wins by score of 22-21
Rock is way to physical. They win 36-13
I'm going to say Somerset 28 Rockcastle 21 everytime I pick against somerset they win we'll see what happens this time lol
Is Somerset really playing an ineligible player for south west
Ok this is going to be a tough test for the jumpers...the injury bug has got a hold of the jumpers but... I feel they have enough depth to over come it... Rock is a good rushing team but Somerset run defense is going to shut them down... Somerset wins by 3
Taking Somerset in a close one.
bop07475 Wrote:Ok this is going to be a tough test for the jumpers...the injury bug has got a hold of the jumpers but... I feel they have enough depth to over come it... Rock is a good rushing team but Somerset run defense is going to shut them down... Somerset wins by 3

I would tread lightly with those statements we have heard them once this year already.. don't want to poke our physical line to much Rock run game won't be shutdown you can bank on that.
This should be a slobber knocker. Two good teams will get after each other
Word from some people in Pulaski Co is that Somerset has been playing an ineligible player that was ruled ineligible by khsaa
Bunnies 28-21
diceman Wrote:Is Somerset really playing an ineligible player for south west

Nope. Cleared to play for since the Beechwood game.
diceman Wrote:Word from some people in Pulaski Co is that Somerset has been playing an ineligible player that was ruled ineligible by khsaa

You don't know Robbie Lucas very well he would never play a kid until cleared.
28-21 OT, Somerset.
CowboyDad Wrote:Nope. Cleared to play for since the Beechwood game.

Just going by some that said he was ruled ineligible by khsaa and had a judge in Pulaski do an injunction till case goes to court and to khsaa where he may be ruled ineligible
Rockets 28-14
This is a rival game. This was a heated rivalary game in the 90s. These two started playing again in 2015 and there is no love lost. The last two games have been classics, and i think this years game will be the same. I watched Somerset in week 1 and then last week against North Laruel, they are much improved from week 1 and will be one of the most physical team rock will see this season. If Rock wants to be taking serious they have to win this one.
I will pick the homestanding Briar Jumpers 27-26.
Well I am not trying to poke anything... Just stating my opinion... This year I have heard from Beech wood we wont be shut down final score 7 to 0 beech wood does win... but only one touchdown... when they was putting up high scores... Then we play Hazard.... our running game wont be shut down but it was... Then we play North Laurel... our running game wont be stopped our line is too big and aggressive.... guess what it was shut down... there ball movement came from passes... Williamsburg running game was shut down.. not saying you cant run against Somerset you can it has happened... our record of shutting down a running game is better than saying we don't.. I wish Rockcastle the best of luck they have a good program... and look forward to watching a hard hitting game...
Like I said something has to give you have Somerset saying you can't run on me and you have Rock saying we can and we will run on any team. We all will find out Friday. Should be a hard hitting game.
We are taking in this game Friday night expect to see Rockcastle county come out physical and strong against SBJ. I am pulling for the ROCK.....ROCK ON!!
Rock 41-6
Willie Turnover Wrote:Rock 41-6

Dont think ethier team will win by that margin.
The Rock will roll!
Pages: 1 2 3