Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cov Cath 45 Beechwood 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Really ain't no other way to put this
Cov Cath is a damn good football team. They will ease threw the 5A playoffs like butter sliding off a hot knife.
Sounds like a butt kicking here
cov Cath obviously a strong team but Beechwood not quite the team Corbin folks made them out to be....
Congrats to Cov Cath. They are a wrecking ball this year.
I think Beechwood is every bit the monster they are made out to be. The only teams from the mountains that could even hope to beat them would be JC and Belfry. Not really sure they could. There's not a single A team in the state that will even stay close
bigcat95 Wrote:I think Beechwood is every bit the monster they are made out to be. The only teams from the mountains that could even hope to beat them would be JC and Belfry. Not really sure they could. There's not a single A team in the state that will even stay close
Belfry crushes a NCC team that is probably better than Beechwood on their own field.. Yes, I believe Belfry would not have a problem with Beechwood anywhere. As for the reality that Beechwood is a great program and team, yes they are, my point in a earlier post was that they are not quite as strong as folks from Corbin made them out to be. Great Single A program but they won't beat any true #1 teams in the other 5 classes very often....
bigcat95 Wrote:I think Beechwood is every bit the monster they are made out to be. The only teams from the mountains that could even hope to beat them would be JC and Belfry. Not really sure they could. There's not a single A team in the state that will even stay close

Beechwood is a great program, no doubt about it. They have my respect. But to say that JC and Belfry could only hope to beat them is a bit much. Either team would beat Beechwood by a couple of scores at home, away, or at a neutral site. I'm not throwing off on the Beechwood program at all just saying they couldn't beat these two teams this year. Much respect for Beechwood. I'll be shocked if they don't win it all in 1A this year. Good Luck.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Beechwood is a great program, no doubt about it. They have my respect. But to say that JC and Belfry could only hope to beat them is a bit much. Either team would beat Beechwood by a couple of scores at home, away, or at a neutral site. I'm not throwing off on the Beechwood program at all just saying they couldn't beat these two teams this year. Much respect for Beechwood. I'll be shocked if they don't win it all in 1A this year. Good Luck.

I agree with this post and yes Hazard with there season ending injurys ends there hopes so Beechwood wins 1A
I was expecting a more competitive game but I think the outcome is more of a reflection upon Covington Catholic than it is Beechwood. Cov Cath has the players, the coaches, and the schemes to be very special.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Beechwood is a great program, no doubt about it. They have my respect. But to say that JC and Belfry could only hope to beat them is a bit much. Either team would beat Beechwood by a couple of scores at home, away, or at a neutral site. I'm not throwing off on the Beechwood program at all just saying they couldn't beat these two teams this year. Much respect for Beechwood. I'll be shocked if they don't win it all in 1A this year. Good Luck.

So if Belfry beats JC and then Corbin beats Belfry, does this negate your entire argument here?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So if Belfry beats JC and then Corbin beats Belfry, does this negate your entire argument here?

I personally don't think we're going to lose ether game but we'll see
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I personally don't think we're going to lose ether game but we'll see

I think youll beat Corbin as well, probably not JC, although its been back in forth even when there is a favorite between the two.
However, simply looking at wins vs losses against common opponents holds little variable in todays game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think youll beat Corbin as well, probably not JC, although its been back in forth even when there is a favorite between the two.
However, simply looking at wins vs losses against common opponents holds little variable in todays game.

Lol you might be surprised all I can say is JC might beat us we'll see I don't think so and I've watched them and this senior bunch has played them all the way from middle school until now like I said we'll see
In previous threads, this was reportedly not Beechwood's best team after surviving against Somerset. They were suddenly world beaters after the Corbin win. Now, they are a good "1A team" only after this week. I guess its all a matter of perspective. Maybe Somerset is better than what people thought, Corbin was not as good and Covington Catholic is a top 5a team.

This is ridiculous I said it before and I'll say it again. If Corbin and beechwood played ten times Corbin wins 6+. I'm not taking anything away from beechwood. They're a great team, but they got Corbin's C+ game. It's Corbin's fault for not bringing their A game, but it is what it is. That being said I do agree with the rest of the post. Beechwood should win the 1a title hands down.
Covington Catholic and Beechwood are just a 5 minute drive from each other and both teams bring pride to NKY. This is also a great rivalry that shows Beechwood isn't afraid to play the best. We have NKY 6A teams that won't play CovCath. I predict both of these teams will play for state titles this year, they are both that good.
Special bunch at Cov Cath this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:So if Belfry beats JC and then Corbin beats Belfry, does this negate your entire argument here?

Not at all
Single Wing 77 Wrote:This is ridiculous I said it before and I'll say it again. If Corbin and beechwood played ten times Corbin wins 6+. I'm not taking anything away from beechwood. They're a great team, but they got Corbin's C+ game. It's Corbin's fault for not bringing their A game, but it is what it is. That being said I do agree with the rest of the post. Beechwood should win the 1a title hands down.

I find this funny Corbin beats them 6+ out of 10 times well guess the scoreboard kinda disprove your logic there not taking a shot at Corbin I have family in Corbin but don't say this when b-wood beat them

But I do argee b-wood really isn't going to have a ton of competition in the playoffs this year outside of Williamsburg
Mr cold74 Wrote:I find this funny Corbin beats them 6+ out of 10 times well guess the scoreboard kinda disprove your logic there not taking a shot at Corbin I have family in Corbin but don't say this when b-wood beat them

But I do argee b-wood really isn't going to have a ton of competition in the playoffs this year outside of Williamsburg

Or possibly that little 1A team that played Williamsburg last week! Real good chance of some Red Tigers and Blue Tigers in a 1A battle in Lexington!
Just curious as to how cov cath would do against Corbin and Belfry??
Woodsman Wrote:Just curious as to how cov cath would do against Corbin and Belfry??
My guess would be Cov Cath would be a 14 point favorite over Corbin and a pick em against Belfry.
You haven't seen Covington Catholic play this year have you?
After watching Covington Catholic play...in person...there are only a handful of teams in the state that can remotely play with them and unfortunately Belfry ain't one.

good question.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:My guess would be Cov Cath would be a 14 point favorite over Corbin and a pick em against Belfry.

Covington Catholic would make Belfry look like a middle school team .
Woodsman Wrote:After watching Covington Catholic play...in person...there are only a handful of teams in the state that can remotely play with them and unfortunately Belfry ain't one.

:truestory:
Cov Cath would destroy Belfry
bo67 Wrote:Cov Cath would destroy Belfry

I was thinking the exact same thing but decided to word it differently Confusednicker:
Woodsman Wrote:After watching Covington Catholic play...in person...there are only a handful of teams in the state that can remotely play with them and unfortunately Belfry ain't one.
That's bold, I'm guessing that you have seen both teams play?? And BTW just wondering, how many times has CC got to pass out rings to their coaches and players in the past 4 years? I think that number would be 4 for that Belfry bunch. I'm sure CC is a great team, but show a little respect for the Pirate program while you're at it......
Pages: 1 2