Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 53 williamsburg 21 final!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Paintsville improves to 4-1!
Did Paintsville use the running game?
Congrats to Paintsville
bac2369 Wrote:Did Paintsville use the running game?

Little of both bac. Hyden had some great throws for some big chunks. Got more than a few guys involved in the run and all ran the ball well. Offense had no problem moving the ball tonight and looked extremely good. Defense played VERY strong! 1 thing for sure, if a teams D doesn't have great Backs and covers the middle well, Williamsburg has the ability to make you pay! I was really impressed with their QB and the two receivers he targeted most I believe were Mattingly and White. Those kids have tremendous Hands and very athletic!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Little of both bac. Hyden had some great throws for some big chunks. Got more than a few guys involved in the run and all ran the ball well. Offense had no problem moving the ball tonight and looked extremely good. Defense played VERY strong! 1 thing for sure, if a teams D doesn't have great Backs and covers the middle well, Williamsburg has the ability to make you pay! I was really impressed with their QB and the two receivers he targeted most I believe were Mattingly and White. Those kids have tremendous Hands and very athletic!

The Ponder kid is another target.
bac2369 Wrote:Did Paintsville use the running game?

Over 400 yards on the ground if I'm not mistaken. Around 550 total offense.
bac2369 Wrote:The Ponder kid is another target.

Yes! If the jackets D line was a little stronger it could make all the difference with this team. Their secondary does a pretty good job with pass coverage. They've got the speed and athleticism. They should stack on a few more wins in regular season and could be dangerous in late season!
Great win tonight. Offense really moved the ball well with a more balanced attack! In finding the silver lining of a bad situation (in reference to Dalton's injury) i feel that we brought more to the table tonight giving touches to some guys that weren't getting many before and it really opened up our offense. Once Daniel's is healthy we will be a true force to be reckoned with (given that we can balance the run game like we saw tonight). I do feel as if we got exposed a bit on our pass defense, but with a talented quarterback and receiver squad that Williamsburg is sporting, I'm not too worried about that. Jake Hyden has a bright looking career in from of him if he stays focused and in the weight room, kid shows a lot of talent. Tyrese was a truck tonight, but thats not surprising anyone at this point, kid is a monster. Smith, and several others also had big nights. Without jumping the gun, i will say that we have a long way to go if we intend on competing at a state level with a program the likes of Beechwood. Especially with how well Beechwood throws the ball. I haven't seen many Class A quarterbacks put the ball where they want it like that Burch Kid they have, and our pass defense would be in trouble if we had them next friday. That said, it was a good indication game as to where we stand, and i think this team is a special one. Congrats to the Tigers on the win, keep it up