Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry -56 Pikeville -13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Listened to the first half with Norman and Coach Mick and frankly couldn't believe it was THAT bad.

Pikeville is WAY down.
Congrats to Belfry
PaytoPlay Wrote:Listened to the first half with Norman and Coach Mick and frankly couldn't believe it was THAT bad.

Pikeville is WAY down.

Pikeville with some good looking kids, but they are woefully young. I've never seen a roster with only 2 seniors that play.
Pike County champions!

Just seen the post from @bucslover68 that Pikeville only plays two seniors. Wow!
Pikeville will be fine... just this isn't their year.

Watch out for them the next two seasons! The Robert(s) kids and Jackson Hensley can all three play for sure

Belfry has a stretch of games that they need to focus on fundamentals and healing some bumps and bruises.

The Pirates are starting to gel though and cure some of their early season "struggles" which is a scary thought for Class 3A.
Congrats to Pond Creek Nation. Kings of Pike County once again.
The Offense is unreal our defense is right on track and getting a little better each week the rest of the year is going to be fun
Good job taking care of business Pirates. Keep getting better each day.
Congratulations Pirates and coaches!
Zero turnovers for Belfry.
Congrats to the Pirates. The Rick Bentley article in the Pikeville paper made me 100x madder than the game did. Truly idiotic. I'm going to give myself a while longer to blow it off but might have to write a long scathing post about it.:ChairHit:

:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. The Rick Bentley article in the Pikeville paper made me 100x madder than the game did. Truly idiotic. I'm going to give myself a while longer to blow it off but might have to write a long scathing post about it.:ChairHit:

What did he say?
jetpilot Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates. The Rick Bentley article in the Pikeville paper made me 100x madder than the game did. Truly idiotic. I'm going to give myself a while longer to blow it off but might have to write a long scathing post about it.:ChairHit:

I'm just SO THANKFUL to see your post! I have been seriously worried about you!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:What did he say?

You have to read it all to get the gist of totally rubbing Pikeville's face in it, but he basically says Belfry doesn't beat Pikeville because Belfry is a much bigger school, Belfry beats Pikeville because Belfry is Belfry and Pikeville is Pikeville.
But you have to remember he is a product of the county school system, can't spell football, and forgets where the paper he is writing for is located and probably also where he pooped last.
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm just SO THANKFUL to see your post! I have been seriously worried about you!!

Thanks GB, I have been on the road but made it back unscathed!
jetpilot Wrote:But you have to remember he is a product of the county school system, can't spell football, and forgets where the paper he is writing for is located and probably also where he pooped last.

And I like him and his columns but he writes this same column every year (although not usually this bad) and must think it's funny or cute.:Shaking:

Ok, over it now. Seeing as how Corbin lost to Beechwood, someone will have to improve a lot to slow Belfry down in 3A.
Belfry's speed is just amazing. Give them a hole and they're gone. Hunter and Wellman are Beasts. Devin Varney brings that experience on both sides of the ball and he is a special player
Rick is a really good friend and writer. He has always held Coach Mac and Coach Haywood in high esteem. When I read the article I will comment more. Does anyone have a link to the story they will post?
In the past we've had offenses that two playmakers on it but we 5 or six right now can take it to the house everytime they touch it and our defense is coming along we're going to be a tough out come playoff time