Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ECHS cheerleaders 56th District Champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congratulations girls on a job well done!!! You are the best!:letsparty
whoo! ECHS VARSITY CHEERLEADERS! 1st girls bball wins the district title & so do the cheerleaders! What a great night Estill had!!!*
Lets go engineers!!! we are the best!! ..no doubt about it
Congrats ladies
Lets just say that the refs had their blue jerseys on and everyone knows it. Their were some bad calls and some calls that should have been called. :mad:
And as for the cheerleaders of estill winning the district it was a rip off. I am not saying this to be mean but on of the parents spotted on of the cheerleading judges on estills side at the girls district finals. So obviously there was a little led way for estill. I personally do not think that estill should have got that trophy. They have very bad sportsmanship.At the boys powell v. estill boys game at the end of the game estills cheerleaders would not shake powells cheerleaders hands. And at the powell v. estill girls district finals game powells cheerleaders went over to talk to estills cheerleaders and estills cheerleaders just turned their backs and didn't pay any attention to them. That is bad sportsmanship. Also estill was doing tuck tosses on the gym floor. tuck tosses are illegal in high school and so are basket tosses on the gym floor.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:And as for the cheerleaders of estill winning the district it was a rip off. I am not saying this to be mean but on of the parents spotted on of the cheerleading judges on estills side at the girls district finals. So obviously there was a little led way for estill. I personally do not think that estill should have got that trophy. They have very bad sportsmanship.At the boys powell v. estill boys game at the end of the game estills cheerleaders would not shake powells cheerleaders hands. And at the powell v. estill girls district finals game powells cheerleaders went over to talk to estills cheerleaders and estills cheerleaders just turned their backs and didn't pay any attention to them. That is bad sportsmanship. Also estill was doing tuck tosses on the gym floor. tuck tosses are illegal in high school and so are basket tosses on the gym floor.

The competition was only for the 1st girls game of the tournament. They didn't have judges for the boys games in that particular district, so anything beyond what happened on Monday night, the judges would have no idea about. Their scores were already sealed up after their first games! And by the way, neither of the judges were at the district finals for either the boys or the girls tournament in that district. You must be mistaken on who the judges were!
Thanks cheerveteran. Estill cheerleaders were very deserving of this award, As for the Powell cheerleaders coming over before game the Estill cheeleaders did not turn there back on them, they were in the middle of one of their cheers and the Powell girls left before they finished. As for the back tuck basket I think I saw Powell do this too, Is is legal for them and not for Estill? Get over it Powell Estill won fair and square and I think it was Estill, Lee, Owlsey and then Powell.
It seems obvious to me that Estill is still the only topic of conversation that those in Powell County have to discuss. The fact is that Estill won the competition, and furthermore, the scores were not even close. And how can you accuse Estill of cheating without saying the same of Lee and Owsley. If my mind serves me correctly (and it does) Powell County finished fourth out of four squads. (Estill, Lee, Owsley, and then Powell.) Here are the scores:

Estill-186.5/200(first place)
Powell-168/200(fourth place)

CONGRATS ESTILL COUNTY ON A JOB WELL DONE! WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU AND IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT OUR CHEERLEADERS ARE A CLASS ACT! DONT LISTEN TO THE PESCIMISTS. YOU ALL WON FAIR AND SQUARE AND NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY!
Well I think that everyone is wrong about Powell's cheerleaders worrying about Estill cheerleaders. I am around them some and they never say a word about Estill, they couldn't care less. I was at all district games except one and I was much more impressed with the way that Owsley cheerleaders lead the fans than any other team. Powell girls didnt cheer as much at districts as they did all year, and yes I did think Estill girls were very rude. I saw them not paying attention to the other cheerleaders at the game when they would try to shake hand and things. So I don't think Estill cheerleaders were deserving and I am not so sure Powell's were either. I saw both Estill and Powell cheerleaders do tuck tosses, so if that is the case both should have been disqualified. I think that Powell had much better stunts, however, and I think they looked sharper. I did not like the way that Owsley and Estill girls dressed. It looked unprofessional. Didn't get a good look at Lee so I can't be really positive about them. I know the coach of Estill tho, and I also know that she can be extremely conniving, so I wouldn't doubt that she talked to the judges. I know she has before in different circumstances, not saying this was how it was in this case, but who will ever know. But I only wish that the judges could see how the teams talk about each other on here, it might make a difference in their choices!!!!
The Estill Cheerleaders were not at all being rude during districts. I was there and I noticed that on Fiday night when Powell came to "wish them good luck" the Estill cheerleaders were in the middle of a cheer that was going along with a song being played by the band. It just seems funny to me that the previous night Powell made no attempt to come and wish anyone "good luck" prior to the game. However, I do not fault them for that. This was a rivalry game in the district competition and the Estill cheerleaders were doing exactly what they were supposed to do---cheer on the team. I know for a fact that the Estill cheerleaders want nothing more than for this war of words to be over. The scores are in and like it or not Estill earned first place. I would be dissappointed in myself if I ever held such a grudge that I couldn't congradulate the Estill cheerleaders and MOVE ON WITH LIFE. This war of words was never instigated by any person associated with Estill County in any way. But, when some jealous people started to demeane the success that Estill County has earned, we had no choice but to respond back.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:And as for the cheerleaders of estill winning the district it was a rip off. I am not saying this to be mean but on of the parents spotted on of the cheerleading judges on estills side at the girls district finals. So obviously there was a little led way for estill. I personally do not think that estill should have got that trophy. They have very bad sportsmanship.At the boys powell v. estill boys game at the end of the game estills cheerleaders would not shake powells cheerleaders hands. And at the powell v. estill girls district finals game powells cheerleaders went over to talk to estills cheerleaders and estills cheerleaders just turned their backs and didn't pay any attention to them. That is bad sportsmanship. Also estill was doing tuck tosses on the gym floor. tuck tosses are illegal in high school and so are basket tosses on the gym floor.
Im pretty sure powell does baskets whenever they are announcing the starting line up!
Owsley County cheerleaders must have thought Estill cheerleaders were ok since they showed up at the Estill-Powell game with shirts with ESTILL on them! They cheered the whole game with the Estill fans. Thanks again Owlsey for your support and a great job with hosting the districts!!:letsparty
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:Lets just say that the refs had their blue jerseys on and everyone knows it. Their were some bad calls and some calls that should have been called. :mad:

I guess there red jerseys were not clean from the Estill-Powell boys game hehe
Everyone knows who you are bballrox1135, and to be quiet honest it gives everyone in Estill County a pretty good laugh when they log on and see your ridiculous posts. It just makes me sad that a person like yourself is a graduate of Estill County. For you to call the Estill Coach caniving, now that is absurd. Like it or not, Estill has five consecutive trips to state under their belt, three of which came in the very difficult tenth region. That, my friend is not caniving, that is a record of success. Life must be pretty boring these days for some of you in Powell County. There are about three of you that show your stupidity each and every time you post a thread on this website. So, if Estill is all you have to talk about, then keep talking because our record speaks for itself!
Oh, by the way bballrox1135, could you specifically name any of the circumstances that you are talking about where the Estill coach was caniving in order to get the upper hand with a specific judge???
And like I said before, I guess that in your mind the lee and owsley coaches were caniving, as well, considering that they also beat Powell in the cheer competition.
GOP-1 Wrote:Oh, by the way bballrox1135, could you specifically name any of the circumstances that you are talking about where the Estill coach was caniving in order to get the upper hand with a specific judge???
And like I said before, I guess that in your mind the lee and owsley coaches were caniving, as well, considering that they also beat Powell in the cheer competition.

GOP-1 Wrote:Everyone knows who you are bballrox1135, and to be quiet honest it gives everyone in Estill County a pretty good laugh when they log on and see your ridiculous posts. It just makes me sad that a person like yourself is a graduate of Estill County. For you to call the Estill Coach caniving, now that is absurd. Like it or not, Estill has five consecutive trips to state under their belt, three of which came in the very difficult tenth region. That, my friend is not caniving, that is a record of success. Life must be pretty boring these days for some of you in Powell County. There are about three of you that show your stupidity each and every time you post a thread on this website. So, if Estill is all you have to talk about, then keep talking because our record speaks for itself!

Well just so you know, I do know that Connie Witt is caniving considering that I know several ppl who have a good chance to cheer for ECHS, just as good as anyone else, and Connie made it known that they "would not cheer for her again" because she tried to claim that they had quit when they cheered for her the first time, and they did not, they cheered the whole season, and then took the next season off, and she has already written letters to the board and to Click complaining so that she can keep these ppl off of her team. This is not fair at all, because she is doing this because SHE does not like these persons, not because they quit or aren't good enough, they are very good cheerleaders, but she does not like them, so she has been trying to get them in trouble at school so that there will be a reason that they can not cheer. That is caniving. NOT ABSURD
Plus I know that Estill has went to state for five years. And four of these five were because they earned it. They were really good and deserved to go to state. This year, the girls were just as good, and could have earned their way to state, but didn't get the chance because Connie fixed it so that they would automatically go, with no worries. This only makes the ECHS cheerleaders look like they are afraid to compete against other teams, and I can tell you that although I know better, all of the other teams do not, and that is what they are saying. It is an embarrassment to the GOOD cheerleaders that Estill has. I do not like Connie being the coach of ECHS cheerleaders for several reasons, this being one.
And I would like to know how you think you KNOW who I am considering the only info that you have about me is that I graduated from ECHS, and I cheered in '03 when ECHS cheerleaders went to state the first time. You don't know anything else about me, so assume all you want, but I can be you are probably wrong. I know who you think that I am and like I said, you are going to be wrong.
For the last time, I personally know both of the judges from this district's competition. They did not personally know any of the judges, or anyone from any of the teams. As a matter of fact, they didn't even know how to GET to Owsley Co!
GOP-1 Wrote:Oh, by the way bballrox1135, could you specifically name any of the circumstances that you are talking about where the Estill coach was caniving in order to get the upper hand with a specific judge???
HAHA I forgot this part. Yea I sure thought that, I believe if you read above I said that Powell's cheerleaders didnt deserve it either. I thought the Owsley cheerleaders did the best out of any of them when it came to cheering on the crowd and doing their job. They didn't worry about what the other teams were doing. I personally didn't care that Powell won or lost, or Estill for that matter. I don't even think most of the Cheerleaders cared. I know when I cheered this was never even a big deal, no one finds out about that except for the cheerleaders, so I dont know why this is always such a big deal. The competition's for district, region and state are already over, it doesnt make sense why they judge AGAIN. Thats like the ball players playing in two tournaments. Useless.
Besides I only got on here to give my opinion about this, not discriminate. Why would I give a dang anyway. I went to watch ballgames, not cheerleaders.
FIST OF ALL I AM NOT TAKING SIDES. BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY DISERVING WHEN IT COMES TO PERFORMANCE. SPORTMANSHIP IS ANOTHER STORY. I was at all the districts games and seen all the cheereleaders. I do think that Owsley was good. They have improved alot and so has Lee.Wink When the boys powell v. estill game was over, I was standing on the floor over by where the estill girls cheered, powell ran over to say good game and to slap hands with estill's cheerleaders. A few ran to slap hands back and estill's coach told them not to do that. That was very rude. Then I was at the girls powell v. estill game and powell went to wish luck and to pray with estill's cheerleaders. ESTILL'S CHEERLEADERS WERE JUST STANDING AROUND TALKING DOING NOTHING BUT ONE STUNT WHEN POWELL'S GIRLS CAME OVER. When they saw them coming they turned their backs and wouldn't talk to them. THEY HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO THEM. Then estill's band started playing and they just walked off with out saying a word to powell's girls. That was very rude.Sad I WAS AT THE GAMES AND I DID SEE THIS HAPPEN. And as far as the tuck tosses and basket tosses go both powell and estill did them. They should both be disqualified. The powell cheerleaders had cheered better at other game. They were missing about 4 girls during the juding night so they were a bit confused about were to stand on the floor cheer and stunts. All I have left to say is you girls need to grow up and get it over with. It was one game and powell had a bad night, so what. Focus on cheering basketball regions and not the pastRolleyes
I agree with what you say #1 Cheerleader, actually it is almost identical to what I said way up there. At least I am not the only one that realized this. It bothers me that people think because you cheer for one side or the other, that you take sides in other circumstances. I cheer for everyone, just so happens I go to more games for one team then the rest, that doesnt mean I am taking sides. I wish people could see that.
#1 Cheerleader Wrote:FIST OF ALL I AM NOT TAKING SIDES. BOTH SIDES ARE EQUALLY DISERVING WHEN IT COMES TO PERFORMANCE. SPORTMANSHIP IS ANOTHER STORY. I was at all the districts games and seen all the cheereleaders. I do think that Owsley was good. They have improved alot and so has Lee.Wink When the boys powell v. estill game was over, I was standing on the floor over by where the estill girls cheered, powell ran over to say good game and to slap hands with estill's cheerleaders. A few ran to slap hands back and estill's coach told them not to do that. That was very rude. Then I was at the girls powell v. estill game and powell went to wish luck and to pray with estill's cheerleaders. ESTILL'S CHEERLEADERS WERE JUST STANDING AROUND TALKING DOING NOTHING BUT ONE STUNT WHEN POWELL'S GIRLS CAME OVER. When they saw them coming they turned their backs and wouldn't talk to them. THEY HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO THEM. Then estill's band started playing and they just walked off with out saying a word to powell's girls. That was very rude.Sad I WAS AT THE GAMES AND I DID SEE THIS HAPPEN. And as far as the tuck tosses and basket tosses go both powell and estill did them. They should both be disqualified. The powell cheerleaders had cheered better at other game. They were missing about 4 girls during the juding night so they were a bit confused about were to stand on the floor cheer and stunts. All I have left to say is you girls need to grow up and get it over with. It was one game and powell had a bad night, so what. Focus on cheering basketball regions and not the pastRolleyes

I am a parent of a cheerleader and I have to say, after reading ALL of these posts, I am very ashamed of both squads. My daughter told me about this site a couple of weeks ago, and I finally had the opportunity to log on and see what was going on, and now, I wish I didn't. I have seen both squads perform and both are champions, in their own rights, but neither team is champions when it comes to what is important...and that is being the best person that you can be. More parents need to log into this site and read what is being said by their cheerleaders. All of this, he said/she said, or well, I saw this, and I saw that, is totally ridiculous. Of course, you see what you want to see, you hear what you want to hear...that is just life...but come on people...both schools squads are excellent when it comes to talent but both squads lack integrity....and that is sad. Powell and Estill are neighbors, there is nothing wrong with rivalry and competition, it is actually a good thing, because it gives reason to "step it up a notch" to become the best you can be. But when it comes to accusations, name calling, barking at each other over who is the best, is totally belittleing to yourselves and to your respected teams. Both teams have trophies for being the best in their division at regionals, and both team performed very well at state, and all 4 teams performed well at districts and you all were recognized accordingly. I assure you, you will not get a trophy/certificate from the administrators of this website for the "Best Come-Back" award, or the "Best Accusation Award". Just come together and represent your team/school as you should, not as name-calling, bickering children as you seem on here.
Let me tell you something Brooklyn. It is obvious that you have a lack of knowledge concerning the happenings in Estill County. Perhaps since you believe that Powell is so great, you should not be concerned with Estill at all. You are just irritated at the fact that you were a quitter and was never able to experience the pride of cheering for Estill County for more than one year. Your posts get dumber every time you have something to say. If I showed such stupidity, I would certianally keep it to myself!
And, if a school employee tried to intentionally get students in trouble at school, I assure you that person would have been reprimanded. Stop the lies.
Now that I have said what I thought needed to be said in defense of Estill County, I am pledging to take the high road and stop the arguing---unless Estill continues to be unfairly attacked. After all, in the big picture of life, what is the importance of cheerleading, basketball, or any other sporting activity for that matter. What I am trying to say is that nothing is being solved by this relentless arguing. The last thing that I want to do is to sit on a stupid website and argue with other people, but if the lies continue to be posted I will post a reply. Everyone can see that I am calling for an end to the fussing and fighting and whether it can happen rests solely in the hands of one other subscriber on this forum.

Lets admit the fact that Estill has loyal fans and so does Powell. So from now on, I think it would be fitting that the Estill fans say positive things about Estill, and the Powell fans say positive things about Powell. And if there is any argument, just refer to the score sheets.
And one more thing. Myself, along with several other parents are greatful to the staff at Estill County for the people you have selected to be on your team. Heck, if it aint broke, don't fix it. And five straight trips to state suggest to me that its workin just fine.
GOP-1 Wrote:Let me tell you something Brooklyn. It is obvious that you have a lack of knowledge concerning the happenings in Estill County. Perhaps since you believe that Powell is so great, you should not be concerned with Estill at all. You are just irritated at the fact that you were a quitter and was never able to experience the pride of cheering for Estill County for more than one year. Your posts get dumber every time you have something to say. If I showed such stupidity, I would certianally keep it to myself!

The reason that I felt the need to say this is because bballrox1135 was naming the Estill Coach by name and calling her caniving. That was a very rude and unpolite statement. As I read over my response, I realized that I referred to this user incorrectly. I meant to type the user name bblaarox1135, but I had just received an e-mailing from my best friend, who now lives out of state, and her name is Brooklyn. For some reason, I typed her name on this thread after I received her e-mail. (had too much on my mind) Because I have promised to take the high road from now on, I felt it important to clear this detail up asap! Sorry bout that bballrox1135
Yea ok, GOP-1, that is funny, you make me laugh, I knew that was exactly who you thought I was, and you were wrong, I know who Brooklyn is and I don't like her and she knows that, but I did cheer with her in '03 and she did not quit, she cheered until the end as well and still had a walk on position for the next year, because the coach had made it clear to all the girls, if they made it to state they could walk on the next year, which I did, Brooklyn didn't. I know that I think that its funny that someone is trying so hard to take up for Connie (by which most people know that she is the coach, as well as they know the names of most sports coaches in the region, not impolite/rude, but truthful), when none of the cheerleaders like her being the coach, and she knows that as well and also knows that there are petitions going around to either have her fired as coach, or to have two teams made, that is not a rumor that is the truth as well, if you don't believe me ask around, and I'm sure you will here the same thing from others. Connie has coached for five years, and I know of several cheerleaders who did not cheer for more than one or two years because of the way she treats people (unfairly). I also think it is funny that you think I have no knowledge of Estill County when I still have family in the school system that keeps me well up to date about things going on, and not much has changed since the few years that I have been out of that high school. I was proud of that school until I got away from it and most high schools for that matter, and saw just how the kids were acting, and I feel ashamed to have come from that school. There is a reason I do not sit on Estill's side at the games and cheer for them. They are an embarrassment and I include my friends and family in this statement, just so you know. I do not try to take up for one school or the other, however, I know people from Estill, Powell, Lee, Clark, Madison, Jackson, and I could name more, but with that, if I go and watch any of the ballgames, I give my honest opinion whether ppl like it or not, it is my opinion, get over it. If you try to stick with one team/school, you are obviously blind and do not see the faults in it, but being out of high school now and not living near any of these schools, I can cheer for more than one team and I am able see the good and the faults in them all. But I do know that typing Brooklyn was not a mistake, because I knew from the beginning that you thought I was that person, so trying to correct yourself would only be lying, so who is telling the lies now? I have not lied on this website, like I said, I tell it like it needs to be told, like it or not. So I agree that the arguing needs to stop, along with falsely accusing people and trying to guess who they are. You were wrong, just like I told you that you would be, so stop trying to guess now, because you are only going to make yourself look foolish. My "dumb" posts make a lot of sense, and for you to slash the students on here for arguing, you are doing a wonderful job as a parent I may say (*sarcasm*). So if you are pledging to stop the arguing, then it is now left up to you, because I am not lying, so you should have nothing to say back. Oh and by the way, I will make sure that I let Brooklyn know that you were talking to her on here, even tho I don't believe she has a subscription, haha. You can talk back all you want but I am not saying anything else, because it is useless, everyone is going to believe what they want, and I am going to be smart and not waste my time. I will read what you all say and laugh, and then go back to the basketball forum, where people don't argue like this and post what I want on there, and not have ppl crying about it, but instead just giving their opinion as their defense. Arguing on this thread makes me feel like I am back in high school again, and we all know that we wouldnt go back to that for anything. So I am also pledging to stop here, and say that I am proud of Estill Cheerleaders for putting up with what they have to, because I know what it feels like, and I am proud of Powell's cheerleaders for making this year one to remember, and I am proud of Owsley's cheerleaders for taking the talent that they have and making a good team out of it, and I am proud of Lee's cheerleaders, for stepping it up a notch, ya'll have improved a whole lot. If you can see now, I am not trying to take sides, I think that is ridiculous, but I do think that Estill's cheerleaders deserve more, I want you guys to know that. I love you all, Kylea, Jordan, Kashara, Kelsey,Whitney,Lindsey, and the rest of you guys, keep on keepin on, alright. And same goes for Nikki, Violet, Kayla, Kayla, Taylor, Jessica, and all you for the pirates, congrats for gettin so far. I really wish you ALL could be friends, like I have made friends with you all, you guys are great!!!
The arguing will stop as soon as the attacks on the Estill Coach and the Estill team stop. The only people who have a problem cheering for her is those that do not know how to follow rules. I can assure you that 90% of the people who have cheered for her have become a better person when there experience in high school came to an end.

Cheerleading is over for several months. If you let the subject go, I will do the same. The scores are in and this year of cheerleading is over!
well said GOP-1. I agree with you. I also think that parents should stay out of this. And as for bballRox1135 she says she doesn't watch the cheerleaders she only watches the ball game she sure seems to know alot about what they do........
Once again. lets not argue. I know about the cheerleaders, because I know the cheerleaders. I also watch the competitions. Also if the cheerleaders perform at halftime or come out between quarters, I watch them then, otherwise I am watching the ballgame. So does that answer your questions? not trying to be smart alec or anything, just explaining my position.
Pages: 1 2